• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes indeed. Was always the most likely situation, unfortunately.

I'd be more worried that any delay not only derails next season but would see a deal fall through. That would leave a season derailed and Ron still at the helm.

That future would be very bleak for the club indeed.

All true except add to this is the fact that further delays may well see buyer(s) walk as well.

And I think the idea that there are three buyers all truly interested is somewhat "manufactured" shall we say. I think we under estimate the cost to, and disincentive for, a new buyer to write off next season before it starts, begin again and cover all the associated costs. If Ron can put in the money for wages to be paid then maybe it can be stretched out- if he can't then the situation will become unsustainable IMO. And writing off next season any buyer will, or should, see as an unnecessary and avoidable £2m cost. I would at best be looking to knock that off the purchase price.

We shall see..
Agreed, as you say I would expect any offers to have deadlines and it to have been made clear that if a deal isn't struck by X deadline then the price drops due to the opportunity being that much less appealing.

The more I think about it the more I think there will be serious progress going on behind the scenes towards a deal. Ron needs to sell the club, and the club is only worth what bidders are willing to pay. So the only way this gets scuppered is Rons ego and goalpost moving, which sadly are large and regular.

I'm generally an optimist, so I'm hoping for good news in the next few weeks.

I think any potential new ownership needs to consider the potential cost of this dragging on any longer.

If a deal fails to materialise before players and management start walking, all of a sudden they'll have to blow loads of money on fresh recruitment.

I just wonder what happens if we get to the next court case and no imminent take over is in sight? Surely Ron will have to find a way to pay it?
  • to salvage the club to be able to sell it
  • give us any hope of having a squad to put out next season
  • Prevent NL from kicking us out (if they haven't already done so)

Agreed, as you say I would expect any offers to have deadlines and it to have been made clear that if a deal isn't struck by X deadline then the price drops due to the opportunity being that much less appealing.

The more I think about it the more I think there will be serious progress going on behind the scenes towards a deal. Ron needs to sell the club, and the club is only worth what bidders are willing to pay. So the only way this gets scuppered is Rons ego and goalpost moving, which sadly are large and regular.

I'm generally an optimist, so I'm hoping for good news in the next few weeks.
I think there will soon be some good news someone said Ron’s not had the best of health over this so he and his family want this done ASAP

But the debt is primarily to him. He knows he won't get back what he's put in, it's damage limitation as far as SUFC goes for him now. But he isn't wrong when he says he is selling an opportunity.

I am boring but I would like to correct these assumptions that are made without any evidence at all .

what he's put in,

?? - any idea of what he put in ? Anything in the accounts to show this ? I know he tells us its zillions but I am a little sceptical ..

Or risk us closing down or getting thrown out of the league on NL AGM.
We won't get thrown out of the league at the AGM. I think we have until 14 days (someone can dig out the rules) before the season starts to prove we can fulfil fixtures.

However, I have no doubt that we as a club will be given serious warnings from the NL board at the AGM, that if we do not get our **** together quickly, we will be demoted to the NLS or Isthmian league. They will be under increasing pressure from individuals and other clubs to throw the book at us, as they have done so in the past to clubs like Gateshead.

Make no mistake, we are very much walking the tightrope at the moment, for all manner of reasons. This sale needs to be completed asap, along with bills paid, accounts submitted etc. As each day passes with no change in circumstances, we are literally one step closer to demotion without even kicking a ball...

I am boring but I would like to correct these assumptions that are made without any evidence at all .

?? - any idea of what he put in ? Anything in the accounts to show this ? I know he tells us its zillions but I am a little sceptical ..
The accounts are old but according to the accounts it was £14,242,523 as of 2019.

Well either he or one of his companies are the landlords and no rent has been paid for years (which is all in the accounts), so who is that money owed to then?

We won't get thrown out of the league at the AGM. I think we have until 14 days (someone can dig out the rules) before the season starts to prove we can fulfil fixtures.

However, I have no doubt that we as a club will be given serious warnings from the NL board at the AGM, that if we do not get our **** together quickly, we will be demoted to the NLS or Isthmian league. They will be under increasing pressure from individuals and other clubs to throw the book at us, as they have done so in the past to clubs like Gateshead.

Make no mistake, we are very much walking the tightrope at the moment, for all manner of reasons. This sale needs to be completed asap, along with bills paid, accounts submitted etc. As each day passes with no change in circumstances, we are literally one step closer to demotion without even kicking a ball...
That what Torquay fans are hoping for.

I do feel if a sale isn't agreed/purchase agreed in the next two weeks then they will chuck us out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back