• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, just amazes me how we can be picky in prospective owners just because Ron doesn't fancy selling Roots Hall to Steve Nash. Surely he's not in a strong position to pick and choose. He needs to sell yesterday. Just hope either the of the 2 known entities are either close or waiting in the wings to pick up when Ron realises we are on a knife edge.
I fear though, Ron will only realise how bad it is, when its too late!

Just get it done you knob jockey and sell our club! We have days/hours to live - this is real. Not a game of chicken!

Jeez, just amazes me how we can be picky in prospective owners just because Ron doesn't fancy selling Roots Hall to Steve Nash. Surely he's not in a strong position to pick and choose. He needs to sell yesterday. Just hope either the of the 2 known entities are either close or waiting in the wings to pick up when Ron realises we are on a knife edge.
I fear though, Ron will only realise how bad it is, when its too late!

Just get it done you knob jockey and sell our club! We have days/hours to live - this is real. Not a game of chicken!
Just to lighten the mood a little, I'd like to express my deep pleasure at your use of the term "knob jockey".

I don't think I've heard it since I was about 12. Had forgotten it was even a thing, really.

You're right though, he just needs to get it done now.

Just to lighten the mood a little, I'd like to express my pleasure at your use of the term "knob jockey".

I don't think I've heard it since I was about 12. Had forgotten it was even a thing, really.

You're right though, he just needs to get it done now.
Feels like the term was invented for this moment! (and more likely to escape the filters than what was really in my head!)

Question - probably been asked before given that there's 224 pages of thread and counting.

Lots of people saying to Ronald "just sell". How do we know that whoever is buying is any more able to deal with running the club than the guy who is exiting the building? Bury were delighted with their new owner until it became apparent a few months in he hadn't got a clue, and the club quickly folded. My concern is that some well-meaning novice takes over and we're very quickly screwed.

(And before this is decried as a pro-Ron comment, read it again - it isn't).

The only faintly positive thing in all this is that it would appear we actually have funds from somewhere to actually pay players, accountant and legals (weren’t the auditors £50k ish alone)? And in a few days the accounts will be filed and online (no doubt with an 18 rating..)

How do we think this all plays out as far as the prospective purchasers are concerned. Does it put them in a stronger position to negotiate? Will Ron have to trim his expectations on purchase price? Would the purchasers even be content if we were relegated to a lower league as the purchase price may be lower?

Question - probably been asked before given that there's 224 pages of thread and counting.

Lots of people saying to Ronald "just sell". How do we know that whoever is buying is any more able to deal with running the club than the guy who is exiting the building? Bury were delighted with their new owner until it became apparent a few months in he hadn't got a clue, and the club quickly folded. My concern is that some well-meaning novice takes over and we're very quickly screwed.

If Ron don’t sell we go bust, if Ron does sell, we might not…you decide?

Or maybe the clubs banking facilities weren't frozen (I don't think it is always the case) and the bank has just done so. We don't run an overdraft I believe so probably, if so, the bank is being nervous and wanting the comfort of a validation order to continue offering the facility. Guessing but it would fit the facts.
Any payments out (even accounts in credit) are a potential liability to the bank if a WUP has been issued. Allowing a business to carry on using a bank account (when a WUP has been issued) could be seen as the bank facilitating payments which jeopardise the position of creditors - so in nearly all cases a business subject to a WUP would have their accounts frozen to avoid this issue.
A validation order would ease those issues, hence why the club has applied, and been granted, a validation order.

Last edited:

We don't, however given that the club is pretty much dead if Ron stays in charge anyway there's no reason at this point not to gamble on a new owner being better. If they aren't then they're only killing us a few months later than Ron would have killed us anyway.

Any payments out (even accounts in credit) are a potential liability to the bank if a WUP has been issued. Allowing a business to carry on using a bank account (when a WUP has been issued) could be seen as the bank facilitating payments which jeopardise the position of creditors - so in nearly all cases a business subject to a WUP would have their accounts frozen to avoid this issue.
A validation order would ease those issues, hence why the club has applied, and been granted, a validation order.
Agree just wondering if this has been the case previously on our many trips to the WUP? We carried on paying players and other must pay bills at least so either 1. The bank accounts weren’t frozen (not sure it’s mandatory even if wise) or 2. We have simply missed numerous validation orders being agreed previously (which is possible but seems unlikely?)

From what I've been told by people close to those who know the Kimura chaps, they seem positive things are moving forward and are confident of it going ahead and I don't think they've been shy in that.

As for the Winstone thing, as has been pointed out before by me and others, that was a total non-story and certainly won't be heading up the club in any kind of capacity.

just thinking how bad things are then thinking maybe the blues have turned the corner ron is on his way out , new owners not to far away so thing are looking brighter . and then BANG !! , we get all this s..t today , so please mr ron martin cut your losses get out of our club now before the next disaster you bring to our club goes beyond repair and we loose our football club forever .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back