• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
He can't really be expecting a big fee for a national league club with no assets and invisible stadium in the offering....... if I was potential buyer I wouldn't be bending over backwards to satisfy the seller with what is on offer.
He is

They won't

Who blinks first?

The problem will be one of Ron's insatiable greed and wanting to squeeze as much out of the deal for himself as possible.

Whilst this is not unreasonable in a business transaction, anyone that thinks that RM will sell the club easily just so that there remains a full time football team in our town/city is very much deluded.

Let's hope he doesn't price the club out of a sale.
I bet Fridays statement was the start of RM playing games. He will have hated the positive response to the consortium and his greed and god complex will be getting into top gear now as he tries to wring every last sheckel out of them.

Glanced over most posts but the impression I am getting is that there is panic because roots hall may not be part of the sale and we will need to rent roots hall from him until the new stadium is built. So we have gone from us wanting Ron out to he needs to sell it all which realistically is never gonna happen. If we get the new stadium, training ground and club off him and an agreement to rent roots hall until fossetts is built we should be over the moon. Hopefully we can rent roots hall and pay nothing towards it but the upkeep is on the new owners.

Many clubs don't own their stadiums, albeit many of those their is probably a related party owning the stadium (like SUFC and Roots Hall currently), but we don't see football clubs uproot and move to different towns/cities frequently. The only example I can think of where stadium ownership has caused problems recently is Coventry.

As you say in your last point - a theoretical scenario I think

Although there are more issues at hand in each case, I can easily think of a list where stadiums have caused issues:

Wrexham...
Bury...
Halifax...
Derby (although more of an EFL issue with this one).
Scunthorpe - can't access their stadium at the moment?
Huddersfield - huge maintenance issues with council/rugby having part ownership.
West Ham - a cup run spells disaster because of license issues.
Walsall?
Wealdstone/Barnet and The Hive.

Although there are more issues at hand in each case, I can easily think of a list where stadiums have caused issues:

Wrexham...
Bury...
Halifax...
Huddersfield - huge maintenance issues with council/rugby having part ownership.
Walsall?
has any other team EVER had a situation where the stadium owner made a fortune by building a new stadium for the club and therefore it was to his advantage to get the new stadium built and handed over asap.

Our situation is unique to any other team, unless someone can put forward a case of somewhere else with the same set of circumstances we have ( or we assume we have).

Wrexham...
Bury...
Halifax...
Walsall?

Brighton had to play their home games for two seasons at Gillingham having sold the Goldstone Ground.

He can't really be expecting a big fee for a national league club with no assets and invisible stadium in the offering....... if I was potential buyer I wouldn't be bending over backwards to satisfy the seller with what is on offer.
I think the Wrexham situation has altered the playing field. American money buys a lot of pounds at the moment and he is selling a business with thousands of loyal customers ready to get even more loyal and buzzy once he is out of the picture.

It is an absolute story and the media rights could be huge. A high profile owner stateside will increase the fanbase - look at the profile Wrexham have now - and that is very attractive to a buyer, The £2m Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhanney paid looks an absolute steal now.

The guy absolute **** taker but in some ways you can't blame him for chancing his arm. what Ron has on offer really isn't very attractive...... national League debt ridden club with no assets, invisible new stadium/half completed training ground.
But the debt is primarily to him. He knows he won't get back what he's put in, it's damage limitation as far as SUFC goes for him now. But he isn't wrong when he says he is selling an opportunity.

Wrexham...
Bury...
Halifax...
Walsall?
Don't forget Coventry had issues for a few seasons. They moved all over the place for a while. But that arrangement where Wasps owned part of the Ricoh is over now.

All seems to be turning worryingly silent and negative over the BH. Any ITK info on what RM’s potential decision or current activity is.

Unlike him to drag his feet and let us all suffer…
It is a bit quiet from the club and bidders, but that’s to be expected and could be a sign that a deal is close.

Most of the negativity is on here though and reflects people’s concerns and worries rather than any intel. I suspect it will continue in a similar way until some real news breaks.

Fingers crossed we may not have long to wait now.

If the team behind this bid for southend buy the club but without the hall and just a promise of fossetts in some capacity when built.

What's to stop another wimbledon scenario? A move away with a franchise.

I highly doubt that would happen but theoretically they would own a club without a home, or at least a rented home that could be locked or built on at any point.

So the same as the last 40 years.

If anyone wanted RH and B&L included in the deal then quite clearly the football club would be down the pecking order of their priorities over the next 5 years.

Oh dear ray winstone on talksport just now saying no truth in the rumours..”don’t believe everything you read in the papers” only club he will get is a golf club he said

Oh dear ray winstone on talksport just now saying no truth in the rumours..”don’t believe everything you read in the papers” only club he will get is a golf club he said

Worth remembering, it's not actually him who runs the company looking to take over the club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back