• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pessimist in me is expecting us to still be in this holding circle in July, potentially ruining our season
There won't be any potentially about it mate.

If we are still no further down the line by July, you can write-off next season. Certainly in terms of challenging the top 7. But there could be more damaging repercussions than that...

A deal needs to be done in June if we have any hope of keeping key staff and players and picking up priority transfer targets. Not to mention paying outstanding bills and staff, the court hearing and of course the NL AGM where I imagine they will be eager to fire a few warning shots at us, regards the sale and the clubs ability to start and complete the season. In fact I would not be surprised if there are a few individuals/clubs already having a quiet word in the NL officials ears gently reminding them of the rules and regulations...

Any potential new owners (Kimura or whoever) will already be well aware of all of the above and the need to get a deal done asap to avoid it all. But, is it realistic?...DD can take 6 months or as little as a few weeks. I can't imagine this deal and everything involved being a simple one, unfortunately...

However, if we have to suffer another season down here, but have new owners and a properly run club with a bright future, it may be a small price to pay.

"Mighty oaks from little acorns grow"

There won't be any potentially about it mate.

If we are still no further down the line by July, you can write-off next season. Certainly in terms of challenging the top 7. But there could be more damaging repercussions than that...

A deal needs to be done in June if we have any hope of keeping key staff and players and picking up priority transfer targets. Not to mention paying outstanding bills and staff, the court hearing and of course the NL AGM where I imagine they will be eager to fire a few warning shots at us, regards the sale and the clubs ability to start and complete the season. In fact I would not be surprised if there are a few individuals/clubs already having a quiet word in the NL officials ears gently reminding them of the rules and regulations...

Any potential new owners (Kimura or whoever) will already be well aware of all of the above and the need to get a deal done asap to avoid it all. But, is it realistic?...DD can take 6 months or as little as a few weeks. I can't imagine this deal and everything involved being a simple one, unfortunately...

However, if we have to suffer another season down here, but have new owners and a properly run club with a bright future, it may be a small price to pay.

"Mighty oaks from little acorns grow"
Realistically a deal needs to be agreed this week or next then, giving us a week or two for DD and the inevitable fallout as skeletons in the closet are unveiled and (hopefully) dealt with.

The Dellals have nothing to do with the club. Neither are any Dellals directors of the club. The involvement they may have is to do with the residential/stadium development at FF and RH via their companies Allied and Citizen Housing of which they are directors.
To be precise the developer for FF/RH is Citizen Housing (already active and a reality) and that is a joint venture 50% owned by a company of Son of Ron (Lenrose Housing), and 50% by a company controlled by the Dellals (Alllied Housing).

No mate, most of that stuff is under an NDA, aside from the fact that it appears the deal would include at least the new stadium and new training ground if successful.

I can't see anything being finalised this week. Possibly not even next week. There's a chance that we will hear this week whether or not RM has accepted the Kimura-led group's offer which would be good, but all accepting the bid would mean in reality is that a period of exclusivity for that party to complete their DD and finalise the deal will begin.

How long that DD takes is anybody's guess. Depends how much the books are opened and whether the unpublished accounts have at least been audited. By all accounts, RM wants money and to get out ASAP but who knows whether he is actually doing everything he can to speed up the DD process and make it run smoothly, or whether it is just an arrogant and potentially unrealistic expectation on his part that the buying party will be happy to rush the process without giving them absolutely all of the necessary access and information - i.e. cutting corners.

I'd certainly feel a little uneasy if I were them about rushing the process, but it's possible for it to move apace if RM is a completely open book.

"If" always being the operative word when it comes to Ron Martin.
Inveterate liar, are two other words the buyers need to consider.

Why is assumed that Ron will be building any stadium. The obvious option is the new owners will be building it. Its totally in their interest, including not being stuck at RH.

Plus it suits Ron as well. He is not a builder he is developer so stadium build will not gain him anything. The RH site becomes far more valuable once the club moves to FF. So again its in both parties interest to get on with it.

If your worried about it not happening it will be the council that delay it. Just like they always have because the good people of Southend allow it.

Why is assumed that Ron will be building any stadium. The obvious option is the new owners will be building it. Its totally in their interest, including not being stuck at RH.

Plus it suits Ron as well. He is not a builder he is developer so stadium build will not gain him anything. The RH site becomes far more valuable once the club moves to FF. So again its in both parties interest to get on with it.

If your worried about it not happening it will be the council that delay it. Just like they always have because the good people of Southend allow it.
An interesting angle..why not I guess. Ron said he would have to sell the stadium at half (?) the cost but actually I think that remark probably included the land valuation not just the build cost (and obviously the housing he would get on the RH site is not irrelevant).

To max what he gets now for the club he could include the land for the stadium at FF and say here's the winning bid from Populous you take it over, specify the interiors however you want. Maybe include the land element for the 4th side as well. If I was the buyer I would want to build what already has planning approval incl. hotel. Right long term option- sure the main reason it went was cost cutting.

Question is has the buyer the appetite to take that on.

The who;e thing is getting very silly .Ron wants to sell the group want bto buy .But the longer this goes on .The new owners wont have a team or management to own .

The who;e thing is getting very silly .Ron wants to sell the group want bto buy .But the longer this goes on .The new owners wont have a team or management to own .
Its typical in any negotiation- each party wants to use time pressure to max what they want to get out of the deal. Ron may think they must be desperate to get this done now so as not to screw next season, they will pay a bit more. They will think Ron is potless, whatever he pretends he needs this to go through quickly, we'll stick to our guns on our valuation. They may both think therefore that time is working for them, whilst in reality its working against both sides. This realisation/acceptance will suddenly get it over the line.

Unfortunately the Internet age of instant gratification has not quite filtered out to the real world yet. Owner, buyers, agents, solicitors, accountants all need to talk, negotiate, investigate, sign papers, submit papers, sign new papers caused by the signing of the first papers and many more steps I don't know or understand. Lots of moving parts and they are not all sitting in a room over a table dedicating every second to getting this one deal done start to finish.

I wish they could and were but they are not and it's done when it's done and as fans we just have to wait and see what's left of our club when it's done.

Chris Phillip did put a twitter last week “It’s up to Ron to accept”, so that suggests the buyers already accepted what the club is all about and put an offer in.
i find it laughable that our dear chairman ron , with his bank balance probably near to zero is a position to turn down to many big money offers . surely if he starts to mess around with these people [ buyers ] they will all just walk away ,

Its typical in any negotiation- each party wants to use time pressure to max what they want to get out of the deal. Ron may think they must be desperate to get this done now so as not to screw next season, they will pay a bit more. They will think Ron is potless, whatever he pretends he needs this to go through quickly, we'll stick to our guns on our valuation. They may both think therefore that time is working for them, whilst in reality its working against both sides. This realisation/acceptance will suddenly get it over the line.
The difference being (from what I've been told) Ron is nigh on impossible to deal with.

You never know, the buyer could be worse!!
lets hope they dont read this forum. Honestly, two local guys with a wealth of knowledge and experience, access to funds, knowledge within from being the son in law of an ex player/legend, the odd celebrity contact and most importantly both fans of the club (or at least one). Steve Nash would have probably got more headlines but this consortium for me are ready, willing and able to take our great club forward. If Moxey and Co believe this also and to the point where an offer has been put forward to RM them surely we should be happy and getting behind this project once its over the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back