• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
The flats being built on roots hall are worth too much money to him, he was never going to sell the hall. Coupled with the fact that nothing can be built at roots hall until we move to new ground, i think its a small price to ultimately get him gone, im sure the new owners will push for a deal regarding any rent too.

he is skint .... end of .. he cannot do anything but accept some money and FO

he cant build flats. he cant build a stadium, he cant buy a round of drinks ...

he has mugged you lot with a load of b/s about big plans while milking the club for loads of cash..

wakey wakey -

he has mugged you lot with a load of b/s about big plans while milking the club for loads of cash..

wakey wakey -

He's going to get a few quid for the club / FF land / plans (and planning permission). That's all he needs to get the Roots Hall development going.

Reactions: gpd
The more I read into this the more I think we are now in an inescapable death spiral.

Roots Hall is the key to it all it would seem, this is where the real value is to Ron and to any potential investor. There is no benevolent fan stepping in for an emotive reason and pumping money in for nothing, or this would of already happened. We are only interesting business people, who may like the ego boost and glamour owning a football club brings, but will primarily be interested in " what can i get/make from this deal.

The dream for Ron is someone pays money for the club ( pretty much a paper value only) and FF - where there is probably a small amount of money to be made. Any serious investor will want the Hall too, Ron won't sell it.

I see it playing out like this, Ron and the consortiums will bat back and forth, haggling for months, players won't be paid or only a bare minimum will and the rest will walk. Moral will be rock bottom, Kev and crew will probably walk as we approach the start of pre season with no resolution in sight, embargo still in place. We will start the season like we did under Sol with youth players, before failing to fulfil fixtures due to lack of players.

I hope I'm wrong, I really do 😔

Well if all this is true ,RM may not have a club to sell come , next season. What if Kimura just bought SUFC , The training complEx plus FF, Doesnt bother with RH Build the stadium themselves and in the meantime SUFC ground share with another club .RM would be gone from SUFC .

wakey wakey -
:ROFL: :Headbang:

wakey wakey -

But according to you he's been taking hundreds of thousands, if not millions, out of the club every season - how is he skint? Can't be both can it?

But according to you he's been taking hundreds of thousands, if not millions, out of the club every season - how is he skint? Can't be both can it?

of course he can ..... his companies are broken by servicing his financing deals ....

and his personal wealth is insufficient to reverse the situation - and in fact his personal wealth might have been negatively impacted by the desperste efforts to keep the plates spinning...

i would liken his situation to someone using their credit card to pay the mortgage and then extending their overdrsft to pay the credit card and then borrowing off friends while opening another bank account and remortgaing and getting another credit card and opening another bank account etc etc - until they have to sell the house ... by which time they have spent the holiday money ..

of course he can ..... his companies are broken by servicing his financing deals ....

and his personal wealth is insufficient to reverse the situation - and in fact his personal wealth might have been negatively impacted by the desperste efforts to keep the plates spinning...

i would liken his situation to someone using their credit card to pay the mortgage and then extending their overdrsft to pay the credit card and then borrowing off friends while opening another bank account and remortgaing and getting another credit card and opening another bank account etc etc - until they have to sell the house ... by which time they have spent the holiday money ..
You do talk rubbish sometimes. It's like a hamsterwheel.

The more I read into this the more I think we are now in an inescapable death spiral.

Roots Hall is the key to it all it would seem, this is where the real value is to Ron and to any potential investor. There is no benevolent fan stepping in for an emotive reason and pumping money in for nothing, or this would of already happened. We are only interesting business people, who may like the ego boost and glamour owning a football club brings, but will primarily be interested in " what can i get/make from this deal.

The dream for Ron is someone pays money for the club ( pretty much a paper value only) and FF - where there is probably a small amount of money to be made. Any serious investor will want the Hall too, Ron won't sell it.

I see it playing out like this, Ron and the consortiums will bat back and forth, haggling for months, players won't be paid or only a bare minimum will and the rest will walk. Moral will be rock bottom, Kev and crew will probably walk as we approach the start of pre season with no resolution in sight, embargo still in place. We will start the season like we did under Sol with youth players, before failing to fulfil fixtures due to lack of players.

I hope I'm wrong, I really do 😔
Thanks for cheering my Tuesday morning up!................and I thought that I was a pessimist.🤣🤣🤣

So yet again Martin lied about selling up .He said he did not want to be a landlord .Now it seems he does .He is doing his best to either welsh on the sale .Which we all beleved was a way of keeping the fans off his back .ech time mr martin you prove that your word is worth nothing .Same as the way you treat the club and fans as nothing but comtempt .
It's quite amazing what people 'choose' to hear to satisfy their need for more drama and hate than we have already (which is more than enough as it is).

This is not a defence of RM as a person or custodian of our club, so don't bother with the 'RM fanboy/lover' jibes etc. (that goes for the likes of @rootshall rambler and others).

RM never said that Roots Hall is for sale. He never said it could be part of the deal. He said that the club is for sale and, ideally, the stadium at FF (built or not).

Roots Hall is a separate entity to the club and the land it is built on is a vital component of his development plans.

If he were to sell it and lose control of the land, I would think he is even more incompetent than I do already.

You really need to pay attention to the facts and what is said.

Did the headline on hear stated Ron martin is in process of seling the club or raiseing investment . Itook that to be rootshall and its playing staff .If i sold my bunglow .I wouldnt sell it for renting it .Surly a sale is just that a sale . I allways new there was a catch with ron .
Again, if you rented your bungalow from somebody, would you be able to sell it?

That's what Southend United's arrangement is with Roots Hall. Our club is a tenant in a ground it does not own.

Surely this isn't news to you.

Imagine being a prospective buyer of a football club, whereby you can't buy the stadium it plays in, and there's no cast iron guarantees the forever promised new stadium will ever be built. Why would you? In an ideal world RM would have built the stadium (or at least enough of it for the club to play in it) so the buyers have something tangible to buy. Its going to take some serious negotiating to get around this hurdle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back