• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've received confirmation this morning (and the green light to post this on SZ) that Steve Nash and his consortium are now officially out of the race.

Despite verbally offering "a bumper deal", which in Nash's eyes was a genuine footballing project where he would have been the front man, Ron rejected the proposal. Crucially, it was Ron's refusal to include the sale of Roots Hall in any deal that led to Nash stepping away.

Nash's pitch included the promise of working closely with the local community, restoring the club's damaged reputation and the carrot of forming good ties with Spurs to ensure we had the benefit of securing talented loanees.

Ron doesn't want to sell Roots Hall, but just like back in December when Ron first made contact directly with Nash, every time they spoke the goal posts kept moving.
Thanks for the update. Disappointing to learn that Ron kept moving the goalposts as far back as December - just think if something could have been agreed early in 2023 we may not have had the last two court appearances and all the stress for everyone involved, staff wages would be up to date, the embargo would have been lifted ..........

You really have to wonder about some people.

A reoccurring rumour on this site is that Ron has lost all interest in Southend and is no longer prepared to fund the Club.

Could that be because he is fed up with posts like the one above and/or people camping out on his front lawn?

That anyone would post anything on here suggesting that Ron should expect his family to be fair game if certain things do or do not happen is sick beyond measure.

It might also be borderline criminal.

I think veiled threats against anyone connected with the club be it RM or anyone else are totally unacceptable but against Ron's family?

Very disturbing, and, really beyond the pale.
Mate he couldn’t find it when he had interest 😂

i never quite get why anyone thinks TL is anything but a RM mouthpiece ...

At the end of the day Ron pays him (or promises to pay him) so he might be smooth operator but he is also RMs poodle ...

He does not run a football club he runs a fire fighting operation trying to manage the creditors of a failing busness..

I am sure he is has a personable front but of course he was begging the supporters to pump money in to keep the sinking (sunk) ship afloat.
Have you ever stood in front of Tom and had a conversation with him? I doubt it. You might understand a bit more about his job and what he does for our Club.

I don’t know where he live, it’s the fans who turned up outside his house to protest, image what it’s be like, if the club is closed down, RM would be advised to sell up and move away from the area for their own safety.

Ask Steve Dale, who had to move away from his area, after Bury FC closed down, for his safety and was advised not to step his foot in Bury ever again.

Please, take a week or two off of posting. I get coming on and keeping up-to-date with things going on, but please take a break from posting, for your own sake.

If you need to talk, please reach out. Feel free to drop me a DM if need be.

With Ron as landlord, what concerns me most is we could end up like Hull City years ago and Scunthorpe now, locked out of our home stadium with nowhere to play!

Don't think that runt Martin wouldn't do it.

We need him totally detached from SUFC Ltd, Roots Hall, FF and the training ground ASAP.

On top of everything else we have been through, we do not need to be in the Land of Confusion that Scunthorpe fans currently inhabit.

1685387116209.png
Fw6h6W0XgAov9OR

Last edited:
With Ron as landlord, what concerns me most is we could end up like Hull City years ago and Scunthorpe now, locked out of our home stadium with nowhere to play!

Don't think that runt Martin wouldn't do it.

We need him totally detached from SUFC Ltd, Roots Hall, FF and the training ground ASAP.

On top of everything else we have been through, we do not need to be in the Land of Confusion that Scunthorpe fans currently inhabit.

View attachment 26510
Fw6h6W0XgAov9OR
Yeah it’s a worry.

Hopefully the consortium have got some cast iron guarantees about Roots Hall for at least the next two seasons, with the option of a third.

How that is financed is all part of the overall negotiation but it should be possible to agree something that Ron can’t just toss aside later.

Have you ever stood in front of Tom and had a conversation with him? I doubt it. You might understand a bit more about his job and what he does for our Club.

He works for the owner RM - I am sure he would appear concerned, sympathetic and listen carefully to what I had to say. I am sure he is doing a good job at running a NL club and managing a tricky situation.

If he was less invested in RM I think he would have walked months ago - essentially they are in it together

He works for the owner RM - I am sure he would appear concerned, sympathetic and listen carefully to what I had to say. I am sure he is doing a good job at running a NL club and managing a tricky situation.

If he was less invested in RM I think he would have walked months ago - essentially they are in it together
Or a Blues fan that wants to do all he can to keep the Club going until we get a new owner? If he was only invested in RM I wouldn't have blamed him if he had walked months ago.

Did the headline on hear stated Ron martin is in process of seling the club or raiseing investment . Itook that to be rootshall and its playing staff .If i sold my bunglow .I wouldnt sell it for renting it .Surly a sale is just that a sale . I allways new there was a catch with ron .

You really have to wonder about some people.

A reoccurring rumour on this site is that Ron has lost all interest in Southend and is no longer prepared to fund the Club.

Could that be because he is fed up with posts like the one above and/or people camping out on his front lawn?

That anyone would post anything on here suggesting that Ron should expect his family to be fair game if certain things do or do not happen is sick beyond measure.

It might also be borderline criminal.

I think veiled threats against anyone connected with the club be it RM or anyone else are totally unacceptable but against Ron's family?

Very disturbing, and, really beyond the pale.

You're probably are not aware of threats made by Ron himself when staff who haven't been paid family members have confronted him! The words unacceptable, sick and disturbing should also be applied.

Think about all the stress and anxiety he would of caused all of those families who don't have family inherrited money to fall back on. Do you agree that is disgusting behaviour?

Last edited:
Ron carrying on as landlord is not a sale. He needs to go. Completely. I do not trust him having ownership of Roots Hall over us
The flats being built on roots hall are worth too much money to him, he was never going to sell the hall. Coupled with the fact that nothing can be built at roots hall until we move to new ground, i think its a small price to ultimately get him gone, im sure the new owners will push for a deal regarding any rent too.

I still think the new owners will end up with a slice of the property deal at fossetts. In my mind thats the only profit to be had here.

Ron carrying on as landlord is not a sale. He needs to go. Completely. I do not trust him having ownership of Roots Hall over us
I doubt they’ll have a choice to be honest. Ron has said that RH is not part of the sale, so it will have to be a 2/3 year lease included in the deal with contract bound agreement on rent. I can’t imagine that this wouldn’t be thrashed out in contract negotiations, so I’m not particularly worried about it.

If the club, the training ground and FF is included in the sale, I’m not really sure why we care that much about RH being part of the sale.

It's easy to see Ron as selfish in this circumstance, but none of us know how much Nash was wanting to pay for RH. RH is the most valuable piece of this puzzle IMO, 1 mile from the seafront, easy access to Prittlewell station + Walkable to the airport. If I was Ron, I'd give the new owners 3 years rent free (ample time to build FF) and that's the cut loose.

If you were Nash, you're already in tough 5 month long negotiations, and then you see a company spreading stories of local business men with enough cash being in 'advanced talks' and them wanting The Rock to make a documentary... Surely you just thinking, '**** it, I'm staying in New York'.

Personally, I think for us fans to say one potential owner would be better than another is wrong. Any takeover has a risk of being great, **** or both. Ron won us double promotion, had us having performances from Chico, Chesney Hawkes, The Cheeky Girls etc pre match week in week out, he even had us signing decent players once upon a time.

For all we know, we could be taken over next week and enter a recession again - and boom, that's the FF dream down the drain again.

Did the headline on hear stated Ron martin is in process of seling the club or raiseing investment . Itook that to be rootshall and its playing staff .If i sold my bunglow .I wouldnt sell it for renting it .Surly a sale is just that a sale . I allways new there was a catch with ron .
The club isn't roots hall and roots hall isn't the club.

I think you've misunderstood. Go back and watch the press conference again.

So yet again Martin lied about selling up .He said he did not want to be a landlord .Now it seems he does .He is doing his best to either welsh on the sale .Which we all beleved was a way of keeping the fans off his back .ech time mr martin you prove that your word is worth nothing .Same as the way you treat the club and fans as nothing but comtempt .
Are you suggesting that Con Martin tells lies 😮😮😮???? Surely not. !!!! You’ll be saying that the Pope is a Catholic next !!! 🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back