• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know where he live, it’s the fans who turned up outside his house to protest, image what it’s be like, if the club is closed down, RM would be advised to sell up and move away from the area for their own safety.

Ask Steve Dale, who had to move away from his area, after Bury FC closed down, for his safety and was advised not to step his foot in Bury ever again.

Just stop it. Please.

If I was the buyer I would buy Roots Hall as a safety net and then when the new stadium was built I would call everyone's bluff by investing in it and keeping it going thereby establishing Southend United as the first club in English football to have two fully operational stadiums. We would alternate between home games. Expensive yes, but someone might make a documentary on it. Obviously this wouldn't work long term so I would eventually enclose Roots Hall stadium in a large warehouse, a bit like those really big ones that amazon have and establish 'The Roots Hall Museum'. Yes, it would be a bit creepy. Not sure what I'd have to do about the foxes though. At the moment that's the only real sticking point

This is confusing. So even with new owners Ron is going to still own roots hall and be our landlord?
It looks that way, Its asking a lot for a new owner to pay the HMRC £250k bill, then pay the £300k for the certificate to allow Roots hall to open for matches (I think that's what I read)

I think my main worry would be what if the relationship turned sour between the new owners and Ron? It is assumed that we can play at Roots Hall (and pay rent to Ron) until FF is built (and it's been 25 + years and it' still not started), then the new owner will have the option to buy FF or rent again from Ron.

This could be years and a long time to maintain a good relationship

This is confusing. So even with new owners Ron is going to still own roots hall and be our landlord?
Yes, but hasn’t it always been the case that Ron wanted to sell the stadium at FF as part of the sale not Roots Hall?

The article on Kimura taking over said they would be buying the club, the training ground, and the stadium at FF. Don’t think Roots Hall was ever mentioned.

Yes, but hasn’t it always been the case that Ron wanted to sell the stadium at FF as part of the sale not Roots Hall?

The article on Kimura taking over said they would be buying the club, the training ground, and the stadium at FF. Don’t think Roots Hall was ever mentioned.
If that is true (and it sounds very likely) then whoever makes a successful bid will be paying rent to Ronald as he won't be funding the club any more. He's not now, for that matter, the bloke is a slimy stinky weed. (cue Blackadder).

Correct - Ron wants to sell the club and FF stadium.

If that is true (and it sounds very likely) then whoever makes a successful bid will be paying rent to Ronald as he won't be funding the club any more. He's not now, for that matter, the bloke is a slimy stinky weed. (cue Blackadder).
Potentially - but that's up for negotiation right - I'd imagine a rent free period could easily be established - or even rent free until FF stadium is built - that would give Ron an extra incentive to get it built asap

Don't think anyone will go for paying rent. Maybe, paying upkeep of stadium until Fossetts is ready, is a possibility.

Interesting rumours, Ron wants to keep Vic Ave site but sell everything else.
Who builds FF, who finances it? Who keeps The Hall going until the move to new stadium?
Timescales? Trust issues? Partnerships?

My hope for a quick sale are dashed.
I personally really hate the thought of Ron still lurking in the background even if the sale goes through.
But for all our summaries on the sale, we still don’t know how this is going to pan out. But I’ve got a feeling it’s going to take several weeks if not a month or so.

I've received confirmation this morning (and the green light to post this on SZ) that Steve Nash and his consortium are now officially out of the race.

Despite verbally offering "a bumper deal", which in Nash's eyes was a genuine footballing project where he would have been the front man, Ron rejected the proposal. Crucially, it was Ron's refusal to include the sale of Roots Hall in any deal that led to Nash stepping away.

Nash's pitch included the promise of working closely with the local community, restoring the club's damaged reputation and the carrot of forming good ties with Spurs to ensure we had the benefit of securing talented loanees.

Ron doesn't want to sell Roots Hall, but just like back in December when Ron first made contact directly with Nash, every time they spoke the goal posts kept moving.

Thanks for sharing this disappointing news. Do you know when they pulled out? Before or after the club’s posting about 3 parties being interested?

Does anyone else feel incredibly uncomfortable when you post about knowing where RM lives and talking about his family and giving them hell?

It’s not pleasant. The stuff about Lopata was worrying, but this is disturbing.

I wasn’t sure if this was a cultural thing with you being from Poland, but know I’m genuinely worried about you and the things you post.

Maybe take a little break. I dread to think what you’d do if RM knocked back the offer.
Lots of people know where he lives and his address is very easily found on various documents on companies house. There are plenty of people that would be upset with Ron if something bad were to happen. Who knows what they might do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back