• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how many people on this forum are not only best friends with Karl but also best friends with these new lads.

We should tap into some of this to help fund the zone before PayPal gets hacked again!

Not sure if the first part of your post is mean spirited or not, but I have read it as such. 2 points off the back of it.

1. Is Carl not Karl
  2. Didn't anyone you went to school with, or any of your mates become really successful? While I certainly haven't reached dizzying heights, there's 3 or 4 former school mates/acquaintances/friends of mine who have gone on to do really really well for themselves.
If your comment wasn't mean spirited, I apologise.

Ron has said himself the best option would be someone who wants the stadium project with all its trimmings.

That's exactly what any sensible new owner should also want. otherwise your relying on Your RH landlord to build you a new home when you have paid him upfront. None on here should pay their plumber a day in advance let alone Ron.

As for the price of any lans/building plot

1) land with no chance of PP
2) land with slim chance of PP
3) land with good chance pod PP
4) land with outline PP....Price will jump
5) land more or less ready to go but some hoops to jump through.
6) Ready to go, all boxes ticked.

It seems to me on project that big we are number 5 on that list but nearer 6 than 4. That's good enough for Ron to clear his debts and avoid the financial risk of a stadium development with would not earn him any more money.....Yet still leave room for a new owner/group to bring in their own builders and ideas.
In some ways, you could argue we are at the perfect stage for ownership to take over and put their own stamp on it.

I'd like something that is circa 15k to begin with, but without those dreadful flats on top.

Expanding the stands would be much easier without any housing development nearby or on top of the new ground.

Maybe a redesign of the structure to help recreate that Roots Hall roar would be nice too.

Not sure if the first part of your post is mean spirited or not, but I have read it as such. 2 points off the back of it.

1. Is Carl not Karl
  2. Didn't anyone you went to school with, or any of your mates become really successful? While I certainly haven't reached dizzying heights, there's 3 or 4 former school mates/acquaintances/friends of mine who have gone on to do really really well for themselves.
Cheers dude

It has been mentioned on here, but those genuinely "ITK", and who did not actually sign an NDA are free to write what they like here, especially when writing under the guise of an avatar.
It's not that simple though. It doesn't matter whether the information that is subject to an NDA is leaked directly by the person who signed it, or indirectly by them speaking to somebody in confidence. Either way, it still has the potential to bring everything down. ITKs may have good contacts whose trust they don't want to betray, and there is always a fear of something coming back onto that person and/or the contact. Almost anybody with any scruples about the morality or propriety of that kind of thing is unlikely to go sharing stuff that they have been told in confidence on a very public forum - count me in that group.

That’s true. However if they want to remain in the know they won’t want to hack off their sources, or get those sources into trouble if they are themselves subject to an NDA.
I'd suggest it's sometimes worse knowing info you cannot share (normally because you've been asked not to, to protect people) than not knowing anything at all.

I don't know why some get the arse ache about it. If it wasn't for the limited info that some ITK members can share, we would literally know **** all about what is really going on at the club.

Kimura as majority shareholders, Integral Sports Management (Pettit's company) as minority shareholders perhaps, and then maybe a couple of individuals taking some shares too.

I can't see Ron Martin holding onto any shares in the club, but you never know.
From what I read they are in it together, so I would have thought (and I know nothing about these things) that they have a holding company or something between them and own it jointly (one has more of the holding company etc if the % input / share is not the same). I just hope it is done quickly, if not by the next hearing we could be in the crapper so to speak. Need to keep players like Jack Bridge and as much as we could say something to keep him it is worth nothing unless the take over is moving forward at pace

It's not that simple though. It doesn't matter whether the information that is subject to an NDA is leaked directly by the person who signed it, or indirectly by them speaking to somebody in confidence. Either way, it still has the potential to bring everything down. ITKs may have good contacts whose trust they don't want to betray, and there is always a fear of something coming back onto that person and/or the contact. Almost anybody with any scruples about the morality or propriety of that kind of thing is unlikely to go sharing stuff that they have been told in confidence on a very public forum - count me in that group.
I would add that someone ITK who shared sources would very quickly become not ITK. No-one should have any issue at all with sources not being shared. You just have to invest sufficient time on SZ to understand for yourself who to rely on more than others. BTW even those ITK are sometimes reliant on the accuracy of what they are told, and sometimes things change quickly (particularly re transfers). So if a ITK poster is proved wide of the mark occasionally it doesn't mean they are no longer ITK either.

Personally I'm very grateful for all input, even if its not what I want to hear.

1. Is Carl not Karl

Absolutely this. Don't forget, a lot of people on here (myself included) are of a similar age and from the same area as various people mentioned in dispatches relating to these potential acquisitions. Many of us have/had a similar friendship group and/or went to School with said people.

There also some of us, God forbid, who actually work in football circles and feel they have something meaningful to contribute to the discussion - particularly in an environment where every supporter is so desperate for any crumb of reassurance as to the authenticity of a rumour.

I love Southend United, but I really don't like what this last 5 years has done to our support base - some of the bile being distributed on various social media platforms from people who haven't got the first idea about how these things work really does highlight the darker side of some of the people we have acquired as supporters in recent times.

Now that all this is out in the media, can I ask ITK's whether they know if Ron is happy with what has been bid/presented to him? I know only Ron knows this, but as far as ITK's are aware, is he 'happy'? I only ask as I dont want Uncle R*n to start mucking about like we know he has done in the past.

Now that all this is out in the media, can I ask ITK's whether they know if Ron is happy with what has been bid/presented to him? I know only Ron knows this, but as far as ITK's are aware, is he 'happy'? I only ask as I dont want Uncle R*n to start mucking about like we know he has done in the past.
Don't know for sure, but the fact that it has got to the stage of a formal bid being tabled should be a good sign on that front. Talks have been going on for some time. They did not go well at first from what I understand as the group were not impressed with the demands and the figures being quoted. The fact that they came back to the table, discussed it, proved funds to RM and Moxey and have now tabled a bid suggests to me that the bid won't be completely uninformed and will at least be in the ballpark of what has already been discussed.

Tune in to BBC Essex at 11.15 am BBC Essex is talking to Matt slater the reporter who broke the story..
listening now, interesting that Matt talked about the possibility of a documentary but very much an old school English football club story than the razmataz of Hollywood meets Wales scenario. Matt believes talks are at an advance stage, but very much down to Ron now.

Consortium is local, knowledge of sports/media and very much have access to the funds required so put that all together it appears very positive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back