• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Precisely.

We're talking:

• Purchase of majority shareholding in club
  • Purchase or eventual purchase of 3-sided stadium
  • Partnering on build of 4th stand at new stadium
  • Purchase of training facility
  • Building (if true) of permanent facilities at training ground.
  • Paying off of outstanding debts (HMRC, PGSS, etc.)
  • Injection of funds into the club for a decent budget.
  • Funding of full Academy.
That's a **** tonne of money required. Perhaps £30m-£40m at a guess. I don't know exactly how wealthy they are or where the major wealth might come from - I can only go on logic, and logic would suggest that they would need to have some serious money for all of that.
Any insight on which version of the stadium this would be?

Any insight on which version of the stadium this would be?
Most of us would prefer the larger version, capacity wise. But Ron seemed like he won't budge on the newer plans for the 4th main stand. Which obviously includes more property and a bigger return for him/investors at the expense of several thousand seats.

After reading the Echo piece about the takeover it reads like they will be borrowing the money to buy the club, like the Glaziers, so we will still be in debt just to someone else.

Surely this would mean that the club would have to run at a profit each year and so our playing budget would need to be cut massively, especially if the academy is being kept.
Wrong.

Most of us would prefer the larger version, capacity wise. But Ron seemed like he won't budge on the newer plans for the 4th main stand. Which obviously includes more property and a bigger return for him/investors at the expense of several thousand seats.
The 20k ground is the only one with valid planning permission, and can Ron really afford messing about with the Council for approval again?

I'd say with new ownership we would be in a strong position to push forward with whatever enables spades in the ground at Fossetts, Ron needs to secure his fortune. I'd argue we have a mutual interest to proceed with the 20k ground.

Another thought has also arrived while typing this. I've quite enjoyed speculating on a possible positive future after yesterday's news.

I wonder if the consortium are interested in buying the land upon which the ground will be built? That would have a real price, unlike a ground that has not been approved (if Ron is insisting on the 16k) or built.

This is Kristofer Tremaine who went to WHSB part of the Kimura group.

Thinking about it Kimura is a move in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and used in MMA, maybe that's where the name of the company comes from

There is also a strong link with MMA on the Kimura Performance side of business with many MMA fighters including Suffolks Arnold Allen.

If Kimura do manage to take control, imagine the swell of support they would get upon removing the embargo and paying those poor out of pocket staff members. Attendances would rocket in no time.
Also might explain why PG Site Services have had an about face. Probably Tom Lawrence has told them they would be mad to walk away from SUFC.

This is Kristofer Tremaine who went to WHSB part of the Kimura group.

Thinking about it Kimura is a move in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and used in MMA, maybe that's where the name of the company comes from

There is also a strong link with MMA on the Kimura Performance side of business with many MMA fighters including Suffolks Arnold Allen.

And more locally, Dan Burzotta.

If Kimura do manage to take control, imagine the swell of support they would get upon removing the embargo and paying those poor out of pocket staff members. Attendances would rocket in no time.

This is why I am now seriously considering renewing my season card before I lose the seat.

As soon as this goes through, I can see record season card sales and probably the best supported club in the league.

I'd prefer if the new ownership paid them what they were owed, thanked them for supporting the club during difficult times and sought a new main sponsor.
Agree. We need a new professional way of doing things. As you say if possible pay them whats owed, thank them for their excellent financial support and lets go and find a new sponsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back