• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds alot, but for a business the size of SUFC it's not. More interesting is the out goings. 2 million on admin? That's the 200k per month short fall. I'm sure more qualified people on here could look at it and make sense of it!
Effectively if you exclude wages then swept up into that £2.2 million or circa £40k a week is all those costly little things that are incurred in running the business that is a football club. Don’t get confused between the club being charged for these services / supplies and them being paid for.

Without even thinking too hard here’s a some items that will be in that £40k a week

Rent £9k a week
Rates £1 a week

We were told that ground up keep is £4k a week.

Water/ Electric & Gas is is going to be way over £1k a week more likely £2 k a week

Averaged out over a season would imagine that travel to away games including overnight stays feeding the squad and support staff is going to be £1 k a week.

Public Liability insurance and other insurances are going to be at least £1 k a week

Then talk about supplies be they things like printers, photo copiers paper, seed machinery hire the list goes on .

Of course there are no doubt opportunities to save but running a football club is very expensive

All this garbage on here about the club being run at a loss and all the expenses. Yes, running a football club isn’t easy, and losses will probably be made, but take away decades of interest, fines, legal fees, wasted trips to court, planning fees, etc etc then you probably get to a very big number in the few millions.

Ron’s poor financial management, wastage, bad judgment, lack of business acumen and arrogance is the reason we are in this position, nothing else.

Yes we probably would be a bit skint, but in a position to not pay taxes, or wages, be under a virtually constant transfer embargo for 5 years and have a stadium that’s falling apart and be in non league. That’s all on Ron.

All this garbage on here about the club being run at a loss and all the expenses. Yes, running a football club isn’t easy, and losses will probably be made, but take away decades of interest, fines, legal fees, wasted trips to court, planning fees, etc etc then you probably get to a very big number in the few millions.

Ron’s poor financial management, wastage, bad judgment, lack of business acumen and arrogance is the reason we are in this position, nothing else.

Yes we probably would be a bit skint, but in a position to not pay taxes, or wages, be under a virtually constant transfer embargo for 5 years and have a stadium that’s falling apart and be in non league. That’s all on Ron.
I don’t think anyone is suggesting that significant sums aren’t in effect thrown away but if you said that amounted to even a £1 million a year then there is still a significant gap to make the club sustainable

The simple fact is that the club was and still is geared to FL type expenditure when income is that of a non league club. The stadium is a drain way beyond what makes sense but whoever takes over they will be faced with the same issues that Is unless….

The club needs to cleanse the balance sheet and enter administration or some sort of CVA not liquidation, the battle that is going on in terms of robbing Peter to pay Paul just can’t go on the club is trading whilst insolvent .

We could argue all day about how it got to this position but costs have to be cut or income increased but none of that will matter with the debts the club are carrying

Yes there would be a backlash but it’s abundantly clear that current creditors ( and I don’t mean RM or his companies) are being treated like **** already.

I know so many are pinning their hopes on a new owner but with the debts, the on going challenges that Roots Hall create I can only see a value similar to the sun Ken Bates paid for Chelsea (£1) the balance sheet is nothing short of a mess without any hope of it being sorted

Spot on.

I think you'll find that all this 'garbage' is in response to posts suggesting that playing staff wages are pretty much the only expenses. We are just pointing out that those wages, whilst a significant contribution to our expenses, are far from the only outgoings.

Cannot believe some are arguing for administration. A legal way of getting out of your responsibilities and debts. The actions of a cad and a bounder. There are many clubs that have gone down this route to their eternal shame
The club is insolvent some need to accept that and unless there is a significant ( tens of million) injection of cash at some point it won’t be administration it’s going into liquidation

Cannot believe some are arguing for administration. A legal way of getting out of your responsibilities and debts. The actions of a cad and a bounder. There are many clubs that have gone down this route to their eternal shame
Bury AFC have merged with the new Bury F C---You can beat that they won't mind taking the old clubs' history but without paying the debts!

Probably not even close, but when you add on the pay offs to failed managers, Kevin Bond and Phil Brown spring to mind, then you'll be getting closer.

Largely admin would result in the club owned by Ron writing off debts owed to companies owned by Ron. If he is going to write off debt selling the club and writing off some of it (rather than all of it) is a far better option. Which is why he has gone to, and will go to, great lengths to avoid administration.

TBH if I was looking to buy the club (I'm not) or advise those that are (I'm not) then my approach would be to buy the club and RH. Then whatever happens with FF I own club and ground. I will at the same time agree to sell RH site back to Ron/the development and buy the new stadium at FF when completed. Commercials agreed in advance to protect both parties.

From what I understand the deals on the table it’s whether that odious cretin Martin wants to accept .. apparently it’s still in Martins court . What I do know is that the increase ins demos by this new mob and the pressure Ron is feeling by the home visits IS WORKING
I agree with you. From what I have heard, the pressure both by protest and by media scrutiny has made a massive difference.

Forgive if ‘off topic’ but there has to be an element of realism and working within your means, generally speaking, but you support your club to dream, to want to see them succeed and achieve. Not to be bogged down with finances, constraints, being put in a box and told things are not achievable because of X, Y and Z - many deal with that in their day to day working lives. Football and following your club is supposed to be a release from that. Unfortunately, it’s just something that we seem to have got used to, under this Chairman.

Largely admin would result in the club owned by Ron writing off debts owed to companies owned by Ron. If he is going to write off debt selling the club and writing off some of it (rather than all of it) is a far better option. Which is why he has gone to, and will go to, great lengths to avoid administration.

TBH if I was looking to buy the club (I'm not) or advise those that are (I'm not) then my approach would be to buy the club and RH. Then whatever happens with FF I own club and ground. I will at the same time agree to sell RH site back to Ron/the development and buy the new stadium at FF when completed. Commercials agreed in advance to protect both parties.
The big if in there revolves around writing debt off and that’s not something I think will happen and as a consequence confuses matters even further.Bear in mind that the three significant charges against the club are quite recent and you just wonder why now?

I can’t see any set of circumstances that will lead to RM selling Roots Hall if FF goes ahead having a third party in the land ownership chain would complicate matters further and of course if not in his ownership there isn’t any way that RM could raise capital using RH as security

The big if in there revolves around writing debt off and that’s not something I think will happen and as a consequence confuses matters even further.Bear in mind that the three significant charges against the club are quite recent and you just wonder why now?

I can’t see any set of circumstances that will lead to RM selling Roots Hall if FF goes ahead having a third party in the land ownership chain would complicate matters further and of course if not in his ownership there isn’t any way that RM could raise capital using RH as security

the great thing about the "debt" it is that it is only really exists in RMs head - plus a few supporters who he duped.

I mean my company is owed 48 million by RayLeigh boy - OR Rayleigh boy is owed 93 million by my company or some such nonsense ..

there are real creditors like HMRC and staff and probably a lot of service providers but all ths inter company nonsense would last about 10 minutes in the high court ..

AND of course RM has taken out of the club ... as have a lot of players ...

I don’t think anyone is suggesting that significant sums aren’t in effect thrown away but if you said that amounted to even a £1 million a year then there is still a significant gap to make the club sustainable

The simple fact is that the club was and still is geared to FL type expenditure when income is that of a non league club. The stadium is a drain way beyond what makes sense but whoever takes over they will be faced with the same issues that Is unless….

The club needs to cleanse the balance sheet and enter administration or some sort of CVA not liquidation, the battle that is going on in terms of robbing Peter to pay Paul just can’t go on the club is trading whilst insolvent .

We could argue all day about how it got to this position but costs have to be cut or income increased but none of that will matter with the debts the club are carrying

Yes there would be a backlash but it’s abundantly clear that current creditors ( and I don’t mean RM or his companies) are being treated like **** already.

I know so many are pinning their hopes on a new owner but with the debts, the on going challenges that Roots Hall create I can only see a value similar to the sun Ken Bates paid for Chelsea (£1) the balance sheet is nothing short of a mess without any hope of it being sorted

a national league club paying national league players wages with an average gate of 6k is totally sustainable ..

there are no major debts apart from HMRC and staff wages -

(RMs fantasy 89 million or whatever figure comes up this week can go in the re-cycling bin

;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back