• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe some deal can be lined up where the buyers loan Ron/the club money that will be deducted from the sale price. We may therefore end up with some sort of combination of new directors/CEO/CFO before we get a finalised deal.
This you feel needs to be the case if we want to avoid being thrown out the league, asset-stripped (players leaving, coaches leaving) or placed in administration.

Be good to know if this kind of deal is at all possible or likely?

As I see it the most complicated bit is the stadium.

Negotiations over the club should be relatively straightforward as far as acquisitions go. There’s the question of what debt the purchaser will be taking on but that’s a matter for commercial negotiation. There’s detail to check but nothing out of the ordinary.

The stadium though is a nightmare. It’s like buying a house except the house isn’t built yet. The purchaser is going to want to have their say over the house and it all needs to be negotiated and documented and lenders satisfied. This is what will take time. I worry that it won’t be before the NL AGM. That seems a hugely optimistic timeline.

I expect the sale of the club to be all but arranged before the ground is sorted but for the while deal to be held up by the stadium. It’s why Ron planned on hanging onto the club until we were in the new stadium but his money ran out and his family forced him to sell. Maybe some deal can be lined up where the buyers loan Ron/the club money that will be deducted from the sale price. We may therefore end up with some sort of combination of new directors/CEO/CFO before we get a finalised deal.
I'm wondering if any say the purchaser has over the FF stadium will result in delayed planning permission again?. Will the buyer be under pressure by Ron to agree to no changes so that the stadium can be built quickly and Roots Hall turned into housing? It's not an appealing situation for a buyer.

Last edited:
This you feel needs to be the case if we want to avoid being thrown out the league, asset-stripped (players leaving, coaches leaving) or placed in administration.

Be good to know if this kind of deal is at all possible or likely?
It’s possible. Whether it’s likely is down to the buyer’s appetite.

I can understand them being wary of giving Ron/the club money before everything is signed but this risk could be reduced by appointing their people.

If however they are wanting to buy the club then it makes sense for them to get in as soon as possible and to mitigate the harms of the club being insolvent.

So a loan/investment prior to the takeover seems in the interest of both parties.

The risk for us is that the buyers aren’t fully aware of the impending doom if we don’t meet this June deadline and so when Ron pulls a rabbit out of the hat at the 11th hour he ****es the buyers off so that they just walk away.

It’s possible. Whether it’s likely is down to the buyer’s appetite.

I can understand them being wary of giving Ron/the club money before everything is signed but this risk could be reduced by appointing their people.

If however they are wanting to buy the club then it makes sense for them to get in as soon as possible and to mitigate the harms of the club being insolvent.

So a loan/investment prior to the takeover seems in the interest of both parties.

The risk for us is that the buyers aren’t fully aware of the impending doom if we don’t meet this June deadline and so when Ron pulls a rabbit out of the hat at the 11th hour he ****es the buyers off so that they just walk away.
You’d like to hope the agency dealing with the sale are fully in the know about our potential imminent demise and advising any interested party accordingly.

It all feels like it relies on Ronald being transparent and amenable, or at least totally desperate.

The latter being the only option then…

Your first paragraph is, I think, wide of the mark. He hasn't put a penny into the club in over a month. He's not even upkeeping the new training ground - as @Smiffy said, he didn't pay for it and it just ticked a planning box.

He's done. He wants nothing to do with the club anymore. I genuinely think he's downed tools (if he ever really held any in the first place). Outstanding debts to HMRC, suppliers and staff will be left for new owners to sort out.

Question marks over how long it will take, so your third paragraph could end up being reality, although fears over whether the club will make it through the summer financially, or beyond the NL AGM, might speed things up.

But certainly for me, any question marks over whether he's serious about selling are disappearing. A deal will have to be done at some point.
Or he’ll let the club collapse and carry on with the flats

If he wanted to do this all along, he wouldn't have built a new training facility or taken out a loan to avoid being winded up a few months ago.

TL wouldn't have gone around the stadium on Saturday to check the work that needs doing.

So many small pieces of work from various people wouldn't have taken place if they had a smell of RM letting the club collapse IMO.

You’d like to hope the agency dealing with the sale are fully in the know about our potential imminent demise and advising any interested party accordingly.

It all feels like it relies on Ronald being transparent and amenable, or at least totally desperate.

The latter being the only option then…
Yes, I’d hope the agency will have them fully briefed but I’m not sure how familiar they will be with the intricacies of the NL rule book. They know the EPL and EFL inside out but this might be the first NL club they’ve sold.

Ron has almost no bargaining position which is why I think he’ll try and draw them in and at the 11th hour try and renegotiate things.

Roots Hall can't be built on until a suitable alternative site in the borough has been found and constructed I believe.

Not to mention it's taken him over 15 years to even get Fossetts Farm anywhere near even starting. It would take him a ridiculous amount of time given his financial state to even get things agreed for that

Kat with your finger on the pulse again.

He's gonna let the club collapse at the (conservatively) 10th time of asking, despite a high profile court case just weeks ago, where he could have not paid (thus fulfilling your proficy) yet did pay.

I'm sure he sat there and thought, I'm gonna wait 25 years, mortgage myself to the hilt, hit my 70th birthday then let the club fold.

Wakey Wakey Kat.

Roots Hall can't be built on until a suitable alternative site in the borough has been found and constructed I believe.

Not to mention it's taken him over 15 years to even get Fossetts Farm anywhere near even starting. It would take him a ridiculous amount of time given his financial state to even get things agreed for that
All holds true as long as sufc exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back