• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
What i can gather from the last 24 hours.. whoever is trying to buy us has yet to meet the FA, your ok to buy rules.

RM is frantically trying to do a deal with the NL to not deduct us 10 points if he does not make the payments due Wednesday.

He will once again gamble our future with HMRC.

There is a huge gamble going on between what RM wants and what others are prepared to pay and how they value the deal against his expectations.

He will not budge on his figure and is adamantly refusing to do so. Expect a 10 point deduction if nothing is sorted.

He has not spoken to or acknowledged any other bidders, apart from the "Aussies"

Kev is at his wits end.

Everything else is just Bananass
He has not spoken to anyone else because he doesn't want to sell the club & RH- he wants to keep RH and FF developments on track. Hence, the people he has actually engaged with were Kimura originally, and now the Aussies because they both do that. We might not like it, but it's simple to understand and is clearly what's going on.

If the Aussies are pretty much there but waiting for the fit and proper test not sure what we want him to do from here (I say from here as why didn't they apply earlier?...). It should be straight forward for the NL to check that the application is indeed made and being processed (maybe they can even nudge it along). If he can also show that a deal is agreed then I would expect the NL to use common sense and grant a very specific extension of say 7 days to complete and pay of the debt. After all, it gets messy if the reason we haven't completed the "sale" and paid HMRC is we are waiting for the FA. Note I say IF (which is always a big IF with Ron). And if he can't provide that then 1. why should the NL be flexible 2. both Ron and the buyers are foolish for getting into this situation (the Aussies must know there is a fit and proper test that you automatically pass unless you have multiple convictions for mass murder).

I guess the positive to pick up is, if it is true re the fit and proper test, then that indicates a sale rather than investment concerning the club- even if it comes with wider investment of some sort?

Of course in the end its yet more speculation on speculation and therefore none of it true.

I cannot remember if there was a poll - but pretty certain lots of people thought, as did I, that an adjournment was likely. Even for this week, I think in the event of no payment, an adjournment is more likely than liquidation.
As the date got closer and a few ITK's started to say that it will be fine, fans started to believe it. Initially though, there was mass panic and plenty of fans said our club would be wound up.

It's similar to this points deduction. There are plenty of fans whom assume that it's highly probable to happen. It really wouldn't surprise me if he finds a way out of it. However, it does seem like the court seems to be an easier target for his nonsense than the league does.

All rather draining and tiresome now. Apparently there was a game on Saturday and one this Friday. Hard to remember such things!

He has not spoken to anyone else because he doesn't want to sell the club & RH- he wants to keep RH and FF developments on track. Hence, the people he has actually engaged with were Kimura originally, and now the Aussies because they both do that. We might not like it, but it's simple to understand and is clearly what's going on.

If the Aussies are pretty much there but waiting for the fit and proper test not sure what we want him to do from here (I say from here as why didn't they apply earlier?...). It should be straight forward for the NL to check that the application is indeed made and being processed (maybe they can even nudge it along). If he can also show that a deal is agreed then I would expect the NL to use common sense and grant a very specific extension of say 7 days to complete and pay of the debt. After all, it gets messy if the reason we haven't completed the "sale" and paid HMRC is we are waiting for the FA. Note I say IF (which is always a big IF with Ron). And if he can't provide that then 1. why should the NL be flexible 2. both Ron and the buyers are foolish for getting into this situation (the Aussies must know there is a fit and proper test that you automatically pass unless you have multiple convictions for mass murder).

I guess the positive to pick up is, if it is true re the fit and proper test, then that indicates a sale rather than investment concerning the club- even if it comes with wider investment of some sort?

Of course in the end its yet more speculation on speculation and therefore none of it true.
Who in the right mind would go for that deal on a club losing money hand over fist.

What just buy SUFC alone, you are having a laugh.

I cannot remember if there was a poll - but pretty certain lots of people thought, as did I, that an adjournment was likely. Even for this week, I think in the event of no payment, an adjournment is more likely than liquidation.
It is likely. But if it happens with nothing agreed with the NL to avoid sanction then rightly there will be lots of very unhappy people of which I will be but one..

What i can gather from the last 24 hours.. whoever is trying to buy us has yet to meet the FA, your ok to buy rules.

RM is frantically trying to do a deal with the NL to not deduct us 10 points if he does not make the payments due Wednesday.

There is a huge gamble going on between what RM wants and what others are prepared to pay and how they value the deal against his expectations.

He will not budge on his figure and is adamantly refusing to do so. Expect a 10 point deduction if nothing is sorted.

He has not spoken to or acknowledged any other bidders, apart from the "Aussies"

Kev is at his wits end.

Is the fit and proper all that's left to do ? Do we believe ?

I’m not saying I believe anyone but there’s clearly people inside the club who believe a deal is done or very very close but there’s also people in here who claim a deal is not close.

Kev is at his wits end.

Have you thought about a job with the Samaritans John?

You will need to show either a Southend season ticket or maybe a tattoo to prove you support the blues.

My mate took a photo of the sticker in the back of his car and that was fine but they did ask for proof on the door.
You cannot use your school pass, you need to be all growd up. (aimed at the Boy Josh )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back