• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might get shot down for this but here goes:

We have to remember that Ron is potentially dealing with his own type here. Those that want to get the best deal for their own gain and not the good of the club.
When Jobson sold out to Delancy and Ron, It was all the same. Evil Vic and Saviour Ron and Delancy. Yet, here we are again. Lauding the incoming in favour of the outgoing without knowing a bean about who might buy us.

Don't get me wrong, we are not in a position to be choosy, but nor is it likely we are going to end up in a Wrexham fairy tale. For all we know, the interested parties could be worse that Ron. Hard to imagine, but possible.

Personally, I think the first decade under Ron wasn't bad at all and I'd take that again.
I recall the ground being spruced up with new speaker systems so we could actually hear announcements, we had B list entertainment at half time. Investment in the pitch with watering systems, investment in the team.

Quite clearly Ron has either run out of funds or interest in the club now and is keeping it on life support and that has been the case for the last 5 to 10 years. Certainly in the last 5, he really has lost all enthusiasum for the club and we've paid a very high price for that while he tries to keep the development dream alive.

TLDR;
Ron has lost all interest in the club, and only interested in the development. It wasn't always that way and for 10 years were pretty good.
We have to bear in mind he may well be dealing with like minded people and bot parties keep changing the goalposts and playing chicken with our very existence. Its Rons responsibility alone to ensure we exist. No-one elses.

What i can gather from the last 24 hours.. whoever is trying to buy us has yet to meet the FA, your ok to buy rules.

RM is frantically trying to do a deal with the NL to not deduct us 10 points if he does not make the payments due Wednesday.

He will once again gamble our future with HMRC.

There is a huge gamble going on between what RM wants and what others are prepared to pay and how they value the deal against his expectations.

He will not budge on his figure and is adamantly refusing to do so. Expect a 10 point deduction if nothing is sorted.

He has not spoken to or acknowledged any other bidders, apart from the "Aussies"

Kev is at his wits end.

Everything else is just Bananass
Therein lies the problem. Ron is a stubborn **** who needs to have his hand forced

What i can gather from the last 24 hours.. whoever is trying to buy us has yet to meet the FA, your ok to buy rules.

RM is frantically trying to do a deal with the NL to not deduct us 10 points if he does not make the payments due Wednesday.

He will once again gamble our future with HMRC.

There is a huge gamble going on between what RM wants and what others are prepared to pay and how they value the deal against his expectations.

He will not budge on his figure and is adamantly refusing to do so. Expect a 10 point deduction if nothing is sorted.

He has not spoken to or acknowledged any other bidders, apart from the "Aussies"

Kev is at his wits end.

Everything else is just Bananass

This is the bit that annoys me the most. The NL could not have made it clearer what needed to happen for us to avoid a 10 point deduction and yet he has chosen to ignore it and then try and talk his way out of it. W**K*R

It actually astounds me that professionals, whether that be judges or the league representatives, actually listen to his nonsense. No one thought he would get an adjournment last time and he did. For whatever reason, he always manages to persuade people.

As this is a new 'buyer/investor', it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he shows evidence of their intended purchase, thus getting an adjournment. We will all say that it 'can't' happen, but we all know that he is capable of finding a way. It's crazy.

I'll reiterate what many of us said last season, how the players and staff continue to work with all that in the background is unbelievable.

It actually astounds me that professionals, whether that be judges or the league representatives, actually listen to his nonsense. No one thought he would get an adjournment last time and he did. For whatever reason, he always manages to persuade people.

As this is a new 'buyer/investor', it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he shows evidence of their intended purchase, thus getting an adjournment. We will all say that it 'can't' happen, but we all know that he is capable of finding a way. It's crazy.

I'll reiterate what many of us said last season, how the players and staff continue to work with all that in the background is unbelievable.
Because he has no time for incidentals in his grand plan, there are just waste by the kerbside, collateral damage, whilst he pursues his ulimate goal.

100% agree with this. Hopefully the judge speaks up for us or something and tell him to stop telling lies and cut the c**p that way RM will look like a right plonker.
One thing the national league seem to have cottoned onto faster than the courts; if you give him extra time, he will use it and then keep asking for more. Setting Ron deadlines and renegading on it does not work. Set a deadline with no uncertainty that it is just that. A DEADline!

The NL should simply refuse to entertain his recent plea. Make him **** himself and cough up the money or get a deal lined up.
This should really be what happens. They explicitly stated that HMRC must be paid by the 23rd or we will get a 10 point deduction, even if there’s an adjournment.

To go back on that statement and allow RM more time would be an embarrassment from the NL’s perspective.

For how much longer?

Ask anyone who went to the last hearing and they'll tell you what a joke it is.

I would liken it to an audition of some sort, something along the line of Peter Kay Phoenix nights when utter clowns get up to say/sing their thing, getting a yay or na 30 seconds after it really was laughable how it's done.

I saw that LondonShrimper tweet on Twitter saying “hearing there will be positive news this week”. Does anyone that’s kinda ITK but not ITK or is ITK (handful to say) back this up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back