• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
That 0.0001% of me that thinks there might be some concrete valuable information on here that points in the direction of a takeover happening still makes me click on this thread, no idea why

You're addicted mate, that's why. I never click on this thread.

Well..... when I say never I mean rarely.

When I say rarely I mean not often..... well, weekly...... er.... OK....daily I suppose.

All right, hourly then.

But I can kick it. I'm not addicted I tell you. I'm not. Really, I'm not....

(Voice off stage left: Nurse! He's on there again!)

Exit, followed by a bear.

Excerpt from "The Ballad of the Shrimpers Fan" Act 1133 Scene 22,642

Last edited:
Every week we hear that certain groups are close to sale and we also hear that Ron doesn't want to sell.

He doesn't really have a choice does he?

The club cannot continue to exist in its present state. Ron simply doesn't have the money to keep the club afloat and solvent.

The team cannot continue to survive with just 15 players. The management and the players we have are doing their collective best but it's not how a football club should be run.

I seriously hope that the club is sold or investors come in soon as we are very likely to get docked points in the coming weeks.
Thing is Tommy, there's only one thing that is certain about Wednesday/ the sale / investment etc. Whatever happens going forward it will be done to suit Ron the Con(t) Martin and not what's good for the football club. He stopped caring about that years ago and now that the parachute payments, academy funding, lucrative sponsorship deals have either dried up or dramatically reduced there's not much left in it to prop up his lifestyle. And it remains to be seen whether investors or new owners will be any better as they are likely to be attracted by property development potential rather than our chances of becoming world beaters on the pitch which they know will cost them zillions. A decent return from a good acadamy set up might be attractive but that too is speculative.

Thing is Tommy, there's only one thing that is certain about Wednesday/ the sale / investment etc. Whatever happens going forward it will be done to suit Ron the Con(t) Martin and not what's good for the football club. He stopped caring about that years ago and now that the parachute payments, academy funding, lucrative sponsorship deals have either dried up or dramatically reduced there's not much left in it to prop up his lifestyle. And it remains to be seen whether investors or new owners will be any better as they are likely to be attracted by property development potential rather than our chances of becoming world beaters on the pitch which they know will cost them zillions. A decent return from a good acadamy set up might be attractive but that too is speculative.
I agree.

I think that whoever takes over will be an investor seeking a return on their investment in the millions, and that will only be afforded them by the development of the land included in whatever deal they do.

Any improvement in our situation will be whatever is needed to help them reach their pot of gold, just as it has been Ron's.

I hope I'm wrong, and the new owners/majority partners are in the business of sports management and see some way of turning a profit from us by developing the club, team, and stadium, into a more valuable asset. Fingers crossed eh?

There have only been two groups we’ve heard he’s been close to a deal with: Kimura and the Australians.

It’s not like a sale being close is rumoured with every interested party.
Correct. And actually its simple.

Both these groups were/are negotiating deals that keep both the RH and FF plans alive. I don't believe he has seriously countenanced anything else.

The whole selling club and RH bit was a "smokescreen", to keep people like AF happy, whilst they were demanding the sale be separated from FF- effectively with RH, with planning for 502 residences, being sold off cheap (forget buyers pretending not to understand the value of the RH site).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back