• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
havnt been told anything from a source but these were the rumours I heard today

tom paid water bill yesterday
two guys suited and booted in the directors box were from ‘the” Aussie consortium looking to take over
press conference set for Tuesday
Aussie consortium all but sorted and deal agreed
Yes the water bill was paid yesterday but only for the RH water supply.
As for the rest it would make sense of course but when has sense ever meant anything to RM.

We will just have to wait and see.

Maybe @Medway Blue could provide an update.
I don't have one mate. Latest I've been told is that talks continue to tick over regarding the final aspects of a deal.

I haven't heard that anything is signed or finalised, but you never know. Things are being kept a lot quieter around this bid.

If nothing is agreed in time for Wednesday then I would imagine RM will pay.

I know the NL have ruled out letting another adjournment go unpunished but there's always a possibility that they'll agree to allow one more if they can be shown cast-iron evidence that a sale is agreed subject to league approval/OADT. In other words, that there is proof that it's not just can-kicking with no end in sight.

two guys suited and booted in the directors box were from ‘the” Aussie consortium looking to take over
I pray to God Jonny boy you are so right,but my prays are rarely answered.

I don't have one mate. Latest I've been told is that talks continue to tick over regarding the final aspects of a deal.

I haven't heard that anything is signed or finalised, but you never know. Things are being kept a lot quieter around this bid.

I know the NL have ruled out letting another adjournment go unpunished but there's always a possibility that they'll agree to allow one more if they can be shown cast-iron evidence that a sale is agreed subject to league approval/OADT. In other words, that there is proof that it's not just can-kicking with no end in sight.
I just cannot see that happening if it isn't paid. They have stated what they want paid by Wednesday, to then change their mind would make the original statement just hot air.

I just cannot see that happening if it isn't paid. They have stated what they want paid by Wednesday, to then change their mind would make the original statement just hot air.
Completely agree mate, and I still think it's unlikely because if a deal has been agreed in principle then the new owner should be able to pay. You never know what the **** stain might be able to talk his way into though.

Thanks mate

Fingers crossed that finally some ending insight then

If it was the Steward at the entrance to the east blacks, I heard him at half time talking with real "authoritiy" while getting several fundamental facts about the club wildly wrong.

"It only takes one tree, to make a thousand matches. Only takes one match, to burn a thousand trees"

Did he have headphones in? Maybe he was just singing along to Stereophonics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back