• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
So in the last 7 pages of gumph about fan ownership and AF motives, is there actually any noise or rumours about the sale?

It seems a big opening day win and things have been put on the back burner. Absolutely zero news in the past 10 days.
I quite like Rigsby's quiet assurance on this matter and I'm hopeful of positive developments come the week-end. Just to clarify, I have no 'ITK' snippets whatsoever.

How has all this fan ownership talk come up? I saw the MP was getting a meeting about making roots hall an area of public whatever it is but that doesn’t mean we need to look at fan ownership for that to happen. The biggest issue is people are only looking at basic figures and there is no what whatsoever there are going to be enough fans able to cough up enough money year on year. It would be a disaster.

Very few clubs at any level seem to make a profit especially in the lower leagues and without large investment in either roots hall or a new stadium we would continue to be hamstrung by the lack of non Matchday income we could make to even come close to being sustainable.

I also think the issue is people are hearing something and then everyone’s imaginations are running away with them. I must admit it is hard not to let this happen at times especially as we are getting such small amounts of rumours dropping through here and there at the moment.

Let’s hope some of the posters on here are correct and we are having a huge party under the Friday night lights at roots hall in 2 weeks time.
I suspect it is because there is nothing concrete coming out about a potential sale and the Shrimpers Trust is exploring every avenue to keep the club alive.

anyone with a little bit of business know how could run a competitive EFL club with the supporter base that SUFC has ..
That's partly true. The issue is getting the club on a sound financial footing, which it currently isn't. The further issue is the amount of money needed to do so, especially as that could take a number of years, and a new stadium/renovated RH. A lot of investment is needed to get it to that state.

I suspect it is because there is nothing concrete coming out about a potential sale and the Shrimpers Trust is exploring every avenue to keep the club alive.
It is deafening. Crikey, it does half dampen the mood from Saturday. The man needs running out of town. And IF he ever goes in any meaningful sense I do hope he’s never left to forget what he’s done to take our club to the brink. The disdain for his name should resound long around Southend and further afield.

When we examine other clubs who run a tighter ship, we also have to remember that the wages we have to pay in this area of the country and larger than out in the countryside or further north.

Players are mercenary and will want to maintain the same standard of living wherever they go (and rightly so). To rent a 3 bed semi down here, you’re looking at an extra £600 a month for starters compared to Manchester, so already we’re having to pay a premium before a ball is even kicked.

Other clubs don’t pay out to have community workers like April, a marketing team and such; they run on volunteers at this level or do without. Ron gambled on us being able to bounce straight back up and not needing to cut our cloth so much, so we’re sat here with a League One staffing set up.

We all loved having an academy, but the fact of the matter is that selling a few young lads for the price of a pack of biscuits to City doesn’t help it to make money. As sad as it is, it needed to go sooner from a business perspective.

Let me know when this thread gets back to the sale of sufc please . Politics and fan ownership is all boring and pointless. Makes me think we’re further away than ever if that’s all people can talk about
To be fair fan ownership is apparently one of the options re a SUFC sale, while not my choice it has been mentioned so is a valid potion to be discussed on this thread

It is deafening. Crikey, it does half dampen the mood from Saturday. The man needs running out of town. And IF he ever goes in any meaningful sense I do hope he’s never left to forget what he’s done to take our club to the brink. The disdain for his name should resound long around Southend and further afield.
Just because nothing concrete is coming out, doesn't mean nothing is happening.

Whoever is now interested in buying the club is clearly running a less leaky vessel than the previous buyers. That is fine, us fans don't need to know the ins and outs of the details. What the Trust does have to do is work on contingency plans in case something falls through again.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with exploring every avenue available to us to make sure our club is in safe hands.

I quite like Rigsby's quiet assurance on this matter and I'm hopeful of positive developments come the week-end. Just to clarify, I have no 'ITK' snippets whatsoever.

For the half empty people don't take my assurance.....I don't have any given to my good self. How could anyone dealing in football let alone with Ron

No matter how loud we shout or how angry we get, it takes time. Buying a run down castle takes longer than modern two bed apartment in Cheltenham towers or Scunthorpe mews.

I'm positive we will survive, then again I was the same on last 15 'SUFC is no more' doomsday dates with HMRC.

Things are happening and if it takes longer than we all hope then so what. You have suffered Ron for 25 years so another 2 months on your sentence is not the end of SUFC.....In the grand scheme of things and 21,000 posts that all that matters.

Having had my suggestion that ARC could be the Australians scotched by @CRATE, I thought I'd try and avoid following fan ownership debates on here and do some detective work with clues we had. Lots of dead ends but came up with something that could fit the brief.

https://tlaworldwide.com/about/ are in sports management, run by Australians and have a UK base.

Their chairman has form in pulling together a syndicate to buy the NRL side Melbourne storm.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/nrl-expat-buys-into-melbourne-storm/AQNGC2UD5MVGVFGJKB2FYLLUJA/

He is also the Chief Operating Officer of https://www.csm.com

I'm sure I'll be wrong again as I suspect we are too small a project but it kept me busy for a bit and you've got to be in it to win it.
Fascinating work and well done !

When you read about these Companies though its clear they have never read the bible on how to communicate in plain English, They seem to talk a complete load of ballhooks and marketing Companies are amongst the worst. Reminds me PG site services for all their faults at least are able to talk plainly about they services they offer, Whats that old advert " it does what it says on the tin?!":Winking2:

Were they the people drinking Fosters in the west stand bar at half-time?
Nowadays most of the amber nectar is loaded in large containers onto aircraft and used to produce chemtrails. So don’t be surprised if the odd person or two greets you with a “G’day Bruce” as you walk past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back