• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You. Glad someone has said it. As someone who has spent many years over there with the Old Southendian youth football setup, it massively grinds my gears when I see this :Clap:

Back on topic, the 3G pitch at Garon Park is brilliant. I've seen the place first hand go from a windy abandoned field and derelict clubhouse, to a state of the art sport and community hub. Still windy mind.

I know the club have used it a number of times and it's good to hear it is available to them if required.
Thanks for the information Smithies.🙃

Something doesn’t sit quite right with this. Anna saying they are exploring the idea of fans buying the club. How? With the sort of money required. Also this morning there were rumours that this week could be interesting with the ‘two‘ consortiums involved maybe making headway. Concerned that Anna doesn’t know more or maybe the trust either about this. I could be wrong but there isn’t much time left here guys. The time for exploring is running out

Reactions: jnl
Something doesn’t sit quite right with this. Anna saying they are exploring the idea of fans buying the club. How? With the sort of money required. Also this morning there were rumours that this week could be interesting with the ‘two‘ consortiums involved maybe making headway. Concerned that Anna doesn’t know more or maybe the trust either about this. I could be wrong but there isn’t much time left here guys. The time for exploring is running out
Making Headway as in moving forward with the takeover?

Maybe the thought of fans buying would be in the worst case of buying out of admin or something like that

“Fans buying the club”

Sorry Anna Firth, but please tell us how. As you are aware, Ron Martin has changed the goal posts and pricing week by week, of what he wants to sell, own, be bought by, the price he sells for, what debt he owes.

It’s the most unrealistic statement said in months of this going on.

It's Garon Park, not Garons Park, not Garrons.

If I lived in Southend, my vote would go to the first person who refers to it by the right name, even if their manifesto included supporting winding the club up and increasing taxes by 400%. Anything to please the pedant in me.

Anyway - back to the less important stuff now.
Either way, I think the important thing is we have 2 training grounds, neither if which are fit for purpose and the squad are being forced to train in the park.

As you say rumours this morning how many Monday mornings have we been told this about buyers and this is the week it just goes on & on

Saying that, could this be another cryptic statement. This time from Anna? “Fans buying the club” wasn’t some of the 7 man consortium local and are FANS?

someone needs to call the 🐀 bluff rather than him just messing about, stringing everyone along and then hiding behind this NDA.

If a fans group went for it then all would be revealed, so maybe there's a 3 card trick involved somewhere and for once not from the usual pr1ck.

I thought Anna Firth has had meetings with the Sports Minister to investigate some of these options and has been working on this with the Shrimpers Trust also - so I imagine this Meeting is not quite so naive as 'the Fans buying the club' headline might seem. If Roots Hall were declared a Community Asset, and all connected with the Council are coordinated not to be minded to give Ron Martin planning consents then that seems to me to putting a lot of pressure on him to start finally to play ball / get real about selling.

“Fans buying the club”

Sorry Anna Firth, but please tell us how. As you are aware, Ron Martin has changed the goal posts and pricing week by week, of what he wants to sell, own, be bought by, the price he sells for, what debt he owes.

It’s the most unrealistic statement said in months of this going on.
Most likely had a few fans, as like on here, talking to her about fan buyouts and just throwing it in the mix as a discussion point, substance and reality a different matter though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back