• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is eerily quiet on the sale front with only 16 days to go until our next court date. Must be a good sign. I hope the unspoken positivity is not misplaced. Be a helluva party at Daggers if something concrete comes out, like exclusivity or whatever.

Update from Anna Firth on Facebook

⚽🦐 ⚽️ SUFC MICRO UPDATE ⚽🦐 ⚽

I am conscious that despite the truly awesome performance of Kevin and the players last Saturday there is a need to keep the pressure up regarding the future of the Club.

Last Wednesday I had two very useful and productive meetings regarding the Club.

The first was with the new CEO, Mr Rob Tinlin, Southend-on-Sea City Council, and was around allowing the players to train at Garons Park until the portable loo block has arrived and, secondly, convening a meeting at Southend City Council regarding the future of Club at which I requested that all officers, the Leader and relevant Cabinet members should be present. I am very happy to report that both Rob and the new Leader of the Council Cllr Tony Cox - Councillor for West Shoebury, responded very quickly and positively.

In short, Southend City Council have agreed to me hosting a meeting at the City Hall in conjunction with the Shrimpers Trust to explore ideas for going forwards including, but not limited to, the fans buying the club and Roots Hall being considered as a community asset. I am sure that within reason other key stakeholders e.g other fan groups / CEO Tom Lawrence will very welcome to attend.

Secondly, the Council are happy to offer the club short term use at Garrons for training, subject to existing bookings etc, if needed. Once again, I was impressed with the speed at which the new Leader & CEO took this request on board and with their positive response but hopefully this will not be needed as the new portable loo block
with kitchenette will arrive this week and allow the players a healthier more hygienic environment to train in.

I intend to push for the future of the Club meeting to take place as soon as possible but I remain of the view that it would be most helpful once HMRC & the remaining liabilities required by the National League have been paid and the current embargo lifted.

The second meeting, also last Wednesday, was organised by the amazing Shrimpers Trust when we all learned from Tom Lawrence, SUFC CEO, that there are a number of parties interested in buying the Club. I have no more news regarding any of these buyers but have asked Ron Martin to give me an update.

I hope this is helpful and look forward to another big win away on Saturday 💪🏻🏃‍♂️⚽

I am conscious that despite the truly awesome performance of Kevin and the players last Saturday there is a need to keep the pressure up regarding the future of the Club.

Last Wednesday I had two very useful and productive meetings regarding the Club.

The first was with the new CEO, Mr Rob Tinlin, Southend-on-Sea City Council, and was around allowing the players to train at Garons Park until the portable loo block has arrived and, secondly, convening a meeting at Southend City Council regarding the future of Club at which I requested that all officers, the Leader and relevant Cabinet members should be present. I am very happy to report that both Rob and the new Leader of the Council Cllr Tony Cox - Councillor for West Shoebury, responded very quickly and positively.

In short, Southend City Council have agreed to me hosting a meeting at the City Hall in conjunction with the Shrimpers Trust to explore ideas for going forwards including, but not limited to, the fans buying the club and Roots Hall being considered as a community asset. I am sure that within reason other key stakeholders e.g other fan groups / CEO Tom Lawrence will very welcome to attend.

Secondly, the Council are happy to offer the club short term use at Garrons for training, subject to existing bookings etc, if needed. Once again, I was impressed with the speed at which the new Leader & CEO took this request on board and with their positive response but hopefully this will not be needed as the new portable loo block
with kitchenette will arrive this week and allow the players a healthier more hygienic environment to train in.

I intend to push for the future of the Club meeting to take place as soon as possible but I remain of the view that it would be most helpful once HMRC & the remaining liabilities required by the National League have been paid and the current embargo lifted.

The second meeting, also last Wednesday, was organised by the amazing Shrimpers Trust when we all learned from Tom Lawrence, SUFC CEO, that there are a number of parties interested in buying the Club. I have no more news regarding any of these buyers but have asked Ron Martin to give me an update.

I hope this is helpful and look forward to another big win away on Saturday 💪🏻🏃‍♂️⚽
Which training ground is she referring to in relation to portable facilities? B&L or the new site?

"I have no more news regarding any of these buyers but have asked Ron Martin to give me an update."

Good luck with that.

Well done Anna Firth, working hard for the club, but feel that if you get a reply from Ron it wont be anything new.

I have never voted Tory in my life, and am not in Anna Firth's constituency, but if I were I would seriously consider voting for her. Showing proper leadership and being a good Community champion. Meantime how is the MP for Southend East and Rochford (in whose constituency both Roots Hall and Fossets sit, I think) conributing to any positive effect?
Putting politics aside this is what MP'S are voted in for to provide support for their residents.Believe we are very lucky to have AF fighting in our corner.I can remember when Paul Channon was our MP who frankly was like a ghost hardly ever seen or heard

I am not in her constituency and don't think she is in danger of losing her seat, of course I could be wrong. But this is exactly what an MP should do first and foremost imho, looking after the interests and concerns within the constituency they represent.

So fair play to her and I hope that when this is all sorted out:-

a. Her efforts have helped get us to a conclusion we are all hoping for

b. We don't forget her efforts on behalf of the club and the fanbase.

I am not in her constituency and don't think she is in danger of losing her seat, of course I could be wrong. But this is exactly what an MP should do first and foremost imho, looking after the interests and concerns within the constituency they represent.

So fair play to her and I hope that when this is all sorted out:-

a. Her efforts have helped get us to a conclusion we are all hoping for

b. We don't forget her efforts on behalf of the club and the fanbase.
I personally wouldn’t vote for Tories but would vote for her all day long. She’s helped out quite a lot so fair play to her. She’s our MP 💙

Putting politics aside this is what MP'S are voted in for to provide support for their residents.Believe we are very lucky to have AF fighting in our corner.I can remember when Paul Channon was our MP who frankly was like a ghost hardly ever seen or heard
In the sixties, he was always available at Leigh Station around election time, offering a limp handshake to anyone unfortunate to pass him.

It's Garon Park, not Garons Park, not Garrons.

If I lived in Southend, my vote would go to the first person who refers to it by the right name, even if their manifesto included supporting winding the club up and increasing taxes by 400%. Anything to please the pedant in me.

Anyway - back to the less important stuff now.

If I lived in Southend, my vote would go to the first person who refers to it by the right name, even if their manifesto included supporting winding the club up and increasing taxes by 400%. Anything to please the pedant in me.

Thank You. Glad someone has said it. As someone who has spent many years over there with the Old Southendian youth football setup, it massively grinds my gears when I see this :Clap:

Back on topic, the 3G pitch at Garon Park is brilliant. I've seen the place first hand go from a windy abandoned field and derelict clubhouse, to a state of the art sport and community hub. Still windy mind.

I know the club have used it a number of times and it's good to hear it is available to them if required.

The new site.
Can’t be the new site, the pitches need another two/three months growth before they can be used

May I suggest if your hobby is identifying mis-spellings, you subscribe to the Southend Echo where you will get hours of satisfaction…..

May I also say we hear far more from Anna Firth in her fight for our club, than from our invisible board of directors (Tom Lawrence an obvious exception), who seem to have a combined use and value less than that of a chocolate teapot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back