• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't believe transfer embargoes affect the club. This is his genuine opinion, he has said it to me a few times.
If that's within the context of us having a good, competitive squad that's close to our wage budget then his statement makes some sense. Clearly now that is not the case.

I do think those figures of 8k 'fans' are inflated, much like the 32k 'fans' at Wembley is. Realistically, we don't have 8k die hard fans. We have fair weather fans that turn up when things are going well or for big games. We also have a lot of fans that do call themselves 'die hard' because they go to all the games but still have a second team. We don't like to admit it but there are a great many of those fans in the ground. Therefore, trying to get people to go and protest is hard. Those kind of fans won't do it. They just want to turn up to games and have a chat with their mates. Of course, the counterargument to that is, if you don't take action, that may not be available anymore. However, most unfortunately don't want to get involved with it. People don't want to admit it, but it's a reality.
Even if "8000" is the number, how many of those are say under 12, or over 65, will be a fair %.

Our hardcore support I'd suggest is somewhere closer to 4, _maybe_ 5,000 at best with a % being outside of an age that you'd expect to either stand around protesting or scrubbing seats etc.

This sounds a good idea.

But a lot of the fanbase wont go.
I don't know really what more it would take to get persons in numbers to show their distain for the current ownership, i.e. Protest.

Out of 8000 home crowd last season, approx up to 200 have shown up on any given day outside Rons drum 1.e. on a Saturday to protest
and like wise, Sundays Fans clean-up of Roots hall,
out of 8000 last game we only got up to 190 fans helping out.

Now that is quite a low percentage of fans actually doing something about it.
8000 fans / 200 fans approx Quick calculation = 2.5%

Only 2.5% very approx , of fans from our last home game is doing something about it.

I do understand thou,
that
some persons cant,
some persons wont,
some persons don't actually know anything about it.

But it is still very low turnout.
I think I know the answer to this, its been going on for so long that its created a huge amount of apathy, some of us just cant deal with Ron anymore and know he wont leave, even with a gun to his head.

Others are waiting to be put out of their misery if the club goes to the wall. I really admire those who do protest, at least they are doing something.

I live over 200 miles from Southend, I would certainly protest but Id also sooner give any money I would of towards going to a game or a shirt to the trust. Ron has killed this club and I will no longer fund his pension plan - if we are all honest, this is all we are doing now.

We have no team, we have a squad of 14, over the last 5 years we have probably spent 3 of them under and embargo and will continue to do so, its absolute torture.

You’re either very much in the know or have hit the nail on the head with this! (NOT THE JUST SOLD, but FYI).
Reading between the lines, the consortium have made an offer including Roots Hall?

Not ITK, but assume it's below the value Ron has been asking for and therefore expecting Ron to continue acting how he has he probably won't respond.

If so, is the game plan just to wait a few weeks and hope he finally answers their calls?

Because people in a position of abject weakness don't usually mean it when they talk about "non-negotiable".
Perceived abject weakness tbf, no one quite knows the capital he now has access too. His actions with the sales process (outside of paying for a fcking toilet at the training ground 🤮…) suggests he has a bit of cash somewhere…and can in fact wait until he gets the asking price he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back