• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top post again mate, picking out this paragraph in particular as it's really important IMO.

For us fans who are inclined to stay away from Roots Hall while Ron's in charge, I think we need to come together to do our bit in gaining continued press and awareness.

Any protests planned for this weekend?
What about after the game....thought someone had said a slow trip from Root's Hall to Ron's house.

Would be good if we could numbers higher than previous protests.

He need's to know we want shot of him.

I think you argue your case well, but I disagree with most of it, albeit you do put your finger on the nub of the issue well. I just reach very different conclusions to you!

I think there is a distinct chance he will pay HMRC himself, by 23/8, without any outside help from a potential investor. The fact that he has paid wages on time this month suggests to me that he doesn't think he can dispose of the club by then and he is preparing to hunker down and wait until that changes. So you may be stuck with him for a while yet, unless the NL choose to intervene decisively.

I'm not sure they can do anything that will induce a sale either, other than withdraw the club's right to compete. There is no suggestion that they want to do that. Quite the opposite in fact, they have been accommodating to a fault (in my opinion).

Which is why organised fan action is very important. HMRC will lose interest in you, if they get their money, and won't get interested again unless and until there is a further default. The NL now, willingly or not, have a vested interest in the club staggering on in a more or less competitive manner and I would argue their ability to take punitive action in the future is now compromised. If you start badly and give up cheap points to other clubs, the beneficiaries will put pressure on the NL to maintain the status quo as well.

So where does the pressure come from, that might induce movement? I'd argue from the same place it has come all summer - namely, from you. I think the way you have publicised your plight, engaged local MPs, withdrawn your financial support and made a nuisance of yourselves has been the main catalyst for what change we have seen. And now the season is about to start, I'd be looking to give him even more hostile coverage and general aggravation. Every time you have a game.
Agree with most of this. However, if he pays off HMRC and pays the staff and players up to date our "plight" will become much less "newsworthy". We will see it very much as a "plight" but the danger is it looks increasingly less so from the outside. I also suspect supporter protests will become less pronounced. Note, for the avoidance of doubt, I'm not saying it should happen this way rather than it likely will. Regrettably.

We have no idea where the money has come from. In the past its tended to be land sales or leveraging assets (especially where they have appreciated in value (i.e. in particular, land like RH & FF bought without planning getting planning for 500 & 1700 homes respectively). Which is why talk of an investor, who will get some sort of share in the overall project, doesn't go away- and strange Australians turn up at FF and get introduced to players and football dept. staff...

What would help more than anything at the moment is an actual bidder, who isn't camera shy, that has both the finance and the vision to buy in the first instance the club and RH...if you know anyone then please let us know...

We have no idea where the money has come from.
I think this is the key point, but you can bet he is loading it on as debt that a future purchaser will have to pay!

I wouldn't mind betting that he's released enough cash not only to pay HMRC but to complete the new training ground. That then releases Boots and Laces for part of the new development which I would imagine is pretty critical to his cash flow.

I think this is the key point, but you can bet he is loading it on as debt that a future purchaser will have to pay!

I wouldn't mind betting that he's released enough cash not only to pay HMRC but to complete the new training ground. That then releases Boots and Laces for part of the new development which I would imagine is pretty critical to his cash flow.
Well that was the original plan wasn't it....there is an old saying I have always found to be true: "time is always working for someone"..

I think you argue your case well, but I disagree with most of it, albeit you do put your finger on the nub of the issue well. I just reach very different conclusions to you!

I think there is a distinct chance he will pay HMRC himself, by 23/8, without any outside help from a potential investor. The fact that he has paid wages on time this month suggests to me that he doesn't think he can dispose of the club by then and he is preparing to hunker down and wait until that changes. So you may be stuck with him for a while yet, unless the NL choose to intervene decisively.

I'm not sure they can do anything that will induce a sale either, other than withdraw the club's right to compete. There is no suggestion that they want to do that. Quite the opposite in fact, they have been accommodating to a fault (in my opinion).

Which is why organised fan action is very important. HMRC will lose interest in you, if they get their money, and won't get interested again unless and until there is a further default. The NL now, willingly or not, have a vested interest in the club staggering on in a more or less competitive manner and I would argue their ability to take punitive action in the future is now compromised. If you start badly and give up cheap points to other clubs, the beneficiaries will put pressure on the NL to maintain the status quo as well.

So where does the pressure come from, that might induce movement? I'd argue from the same place it has come all summer - namely, from you. I think the way you have publicised your plight, engaged local MPs, withdrawn your financial support and made a nuisance of yourselves has been the main catalyst for what change we have seen. And now the season is about to start, I'd be looking to give him even more hostile coverage and general aggravation. Every time you have a game.
Totally agree on this, the state of RM of late is testament to how its getting to him, not to mention his wife who will most certainly be giving him hell.

he hates any adverse publicity as it exposes him for the slippery lying **** he is which is why we need to keep this up until he finally has enough and goes. Obviously any protests during the game are a "No No" but everything else has to continue IMO.

All that nonsense about him not being mentally effected is yet another one of his many lies so ignore the noise guys and keep the pressure on.

Totally agree on this, the state of RM of late is testament to how its getting to him, not to mention his wife who will most certainly be giving him hell.

he hates any adverse publicity as it exposes him for the slippery lying **** he is which is why we need to keep this up until he finally has enough and goes. Obviously any protests during the game are a "No No" but everything else has to continue IMO.

All that nonsense about him not being mentally effected is yet another one of his many lies so ignore the noise guys and keep the pressure on.
Agreed. Ron’s behaviour the other day is not that of someone ‘unaffected’ as he claims.

Whilst improbable for Saturday, how about tshirts with #Martin out across them worn at the games. Stops security removing placards and banners and be good for press/tv coverage.
Only official ones purchased in the club shop, please.

@CRATE. Is the 5 person consortium looking dead in the water then?
I think this is the most important thing we need to know . Everyone , including myself was so enthused when Kimura came forward , but now they don't seem to be as enthused .
So , once and for all , who are these other interested parties ? Are they still interested ? Has an offer ben made ? Can we please have some information ?
Or, is Ron (incredibly) telling the truth for once and no offer has been made ?

Please someone step forward and let us know ?

I think you're overestimating the funds at his disposal. We were relegated twice in two years to drop out of the league entirely because of transfer embargoes because of unpaid tax.

He isn't just not paying it because he wants to sell.

I think you're overestimating the funds at his disposal. We were relegated twice in two years to drop out of the league entirely because of transfer embargoes because of unpaid tax.

He isn't just not paying it because he wants to sell.
He doesn't believe transfer embargoes affect the club. This is his genuine opinion, he has said it to me a few times.

Quick question about season tickets.
If you have brought a season ticket with a credit card and for whatever reason SUFC gets shut down after the first match, are you still entitled to a refund?

If he's not at the game on Saturday, are we all going round his house afterwards for a little protest?
This sounds a good idea.

But a lot of the fanbase wont go.
I don't know really what more it would take to get persons in numbers to show their distain for the current ownership, i.e. Protest.

Out of 8000 home crowd last season, approx up to 200 have shown up on any given day outside Rons drum 1.e. on a Saturday to protest
and like wise, Sundays Fans clean-up of Roots hall,
out of 8000 last game we only got up to 190 fans helping out.

Now that is quite a low percentage of fans actually doing something about it.
8000 fans / 200 fans approx Quick calculation = 2.5%

Only 2.5% very approx , of fans from our last home game is doing something about it.

I do understand thou,
that
some persons cant,
some persons wont,
some persons don't actually know anything about it.

But it is still very low turnout.

This sounds a good idea.

But a lot of the fanbase wont go.
I don't know really what more it would take to get persons in numbers to show their distain for the current ownership, i.e. Protest.

Out of 8000 home crowd last season, approx up to 200 have shown up on any given day outside Rons drum 1.e. on a Saturday to protest
and like wise, Sundays Fans clean-up of Roots hall,
out of 8000 last game we only got up to 190 fans helping out.

Now that is quite a low percentage of fans actually doing something about it.
8000 fans / 200 fans approx Quick calculation = 2.5%

Only 2.5% very approx , of fans from our last home game is doing something about it.

I do understand thou,
that
some persons cant,
some persons wont,
some persons don't actually know anything about it.

But it is still very low turnout.
I do think those figures of 8k 'fans' are inflated, much like the 32k 'fans' at Wembley is. Realistically, we don't have 8k die hard fans. We have fair weather fans that turn up when things are going well or for big games. We also have a lot of fans that do call themselves 'die hard' because they go to all the games but still have a second team. We don't like to admit it but there are a great many of those fans in the ground. Therefore, trying to get people to go and protest is hard. Those kind of fans won't do it. They just want to turn up to games and have a chat with their mates. Of course, the counterargument to that is, if you don't take action, that may not be available anymore. However, most unfortunately don't want to get involved with it. People don't want to admit it, but it's a reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back