• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Revenue came down far more.
One of the outgoings that staggered me is business rates.

In 23/24 the rateable value for RH jumped 100% . Paying ( or should I say should be paying ) £500 per week was bad enough but jumping to £1k a week is just mind blowing.

Thats before you even think about gas and electric.

OK wages should have dropped but a FT player in the NL won’t be paid a lot less than a EPL player. EPL 2 clubs get circa £1 million more than a NL club

Some need to get real

Because there is no five … you’ve all unfortunately fallen into jacks spell of smoke mirrors and gusto

I think the idea of a 5 person consortium may have been slightly misrepresented.

Several businessmen (some we know, some we don’t) met with a view to working out how best they could pool their resources and potentially proceed with an offer to Ron. Who knows where that stands today.

I don’t think it was ever going to be a 5-man operation, however.

Everything we have tried so far has resulted in heads bashing into doors. So I think it is time now for some creative thinking. There are plenty of very bright and passionate people on here and in our wider fan base who will have a raft of ideas, and at this point there is nothing to lose if those ideas are made known to people who can help - in fact the wackier the idea the better!

I think we all know the answers to the "how to kill a football club" and "how to get an unwanted owner to sell the club" questions!

Here is a challenge - what are the pole opposites of these things?

I dont have the answers, the time to be involved too much, or the money to invest but I can facilitate a session or two if anyone is interested in my help.
Write to Jim Ratcliffe. Worth a try. Only costs an e-mail.

Seems strange but more good news, staff were paid today on time!!
As I pointed out the drafting of the NL statement was that whilst we had till 23rd Aug to pay HMRC, any footballing debts not paid and overdue during the season (I.e from Sat) would open the possibility of a 10 point penalty. Otherwise he probably would have also left until 23rd… but very good news

So was this Ron’s trick shot for when he was snookered?

Convince HMRC there’s a buyer - stall for time

Convince courts to then unfreeze account to pay relevant debts prior to HMRC

Season starts, season ticket money in, one or two fixture revenue in and then money is there to pay HMRC.

We live to fight another day until next summer.

Would not surprise me in the slightest.

Season starts, season ticket money in, one or two fixture revenue in and then money is there to pay HMRC.

Only time will tell buddy, pointless speculating where Ronald is concerned.

The ticket revenue from a few games will not cover the HMRC debt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back