• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't get caught up with the notion that Ron doesn't own RH - he has merely transferred the liability to another family member to protect the longevity of the asset.

He still makes the decisions.
Thanks

But it is their name on paper so therefore should have some responsibility.

They have agreed to go along with his plot then they have willingly agreed to the death of SUFC and also need to be held accountable.

The protests should have there people in their sights as well

None, we are a forum of peace and love brother.

Woodstock at 40: Fields of Fashion – WWD
Oi @Cricko I can see you’re wearing my Red Sun Goddess Kaftan. I’ve asked you for that back!

Chat GPT advice for trying to get ECC to buy RH - possible?

Getting Essex County Council to buy Roots Hall, the football stadium of Southend United Football Club, would require a well-organized and persuasive effort from various stakeholders. Here are some steps that could be taken to pursue this goal:

1. **Community Support:** Garner widespread support from the local community, fans of Southend United FC, residents, businesses, and other interested parties. The more people who back the idea, the more likely it is to gain attention and consideration from the council.

2. **Engage with the Council:** Reach out to Essex County Council and request a meeting or communication channel to discuss the proposal. Present a compelling case highlighting the potential benefits of the purchase, such as community use, social impact, and economic advantages.

3. **Demonstrate Value:** Provide evidence of the stadium's value to the community, beyond being a football ground. Emphasize its potential for use in various community events, recreational activities, and cultural gatherings. Highlight the positive impact it can have on local sports, businesses, and tourism.

4. **Feasibility Study:** Conduct a feasibility study that outlines the financial implications and potential returns on investment for the council. Address any concerns or uncertainties they may have about the purchase.

5. **Partnerships:** Seek partnerships with local businesses, organizations, or investors who may be interested in supporting the acquisition. Collaboration can strengthen the proposal and demonstrate a unified community effort.

6. **Raise Awareness:** Utilize local media, social media, and public events to raise awareness about the campaign and generate public interest. Positive publicity and a well-organized public relations effort can put pressure on the council to consider the proposal seriously.

7. **Petitions and Campaigns:** Launch online or physical petitions and campaigns to collect signatures and support for the cause. A significant number of signatures can show the council the level of public backing for the purchase.

8. **Political Support:** Engage with local councillors, MPs, and other elected representatives who can advocate for the cause within the council. Political support can be influential in pushing the proposal forward.

9. **Negotiations:** Be prepared for negotiations with the council regarding the terms of the purchase, funding options, and responsibilities for managing the facility.

10. **Alternative Funding:** Explore alternative funding sources, such as grants, sponsorships, or community fundraising initiatives, to contribute to the purchase cost or ongoing maintenance of the stadium.

Remember that acquiring a stadium like Roots Hall involves complex financial and legal considerations. It is essential to work with legal advisors and experts to ensure all aspects of the proposal are well-documented and legally sound. The success of the campaign will depend on a strong and united community effort advocating for the acquisition of the stadium for the greater benefit of the local area.

I wouldn't get caught up with the notion that Ron doesn't own RH - he has merely transferred the liability to another family member to protect the longevity of the asset.

He still makes the decisions.
Hence the reason I don't like his comments that we shouldn't visit his home and effect his family, because he says they have nothing to do with it ! Well, i'm afraid they have.

Getting Essex County Council to buy Roots Hall, the football stadium of Southend United Football Club, would require a well-organized and persuasive effort from various stakeholders. Here are some steps that could be taken to pursue this goal:
Why would Essex CC want to get involved ? , Southend is a unitary authority, very little to do with the County Council

Dad and I were just having an honest conversation about all this, ironically on the way to picking up our season cards.

We were saying that who realistically is going to want to stump up the cash? Let's all take our Southend United glasses off and ask that question. Yes, there may very well be a consortium willing to purchase the club for what they value it at, but that is most probably peanuts. I'm not knocking them for that, because why should they pay what Ron is asking? Especially when most of that is debt he has accumulated.

However, in all honesty, why should Ron accept their offer? Yes, we all want him to accept it and we all dream of a better future, but being at Roots Hall and everything being 'ok' again is just a dream at this point. No business person in their right mind is going to throw away £10m (cost for everything in the sale) for no return. They then have to spend god knows how much to redevelop Roots Hall. Again, where is the return? If there is one, it won't be for a long, long time. People had Roots Hall blue prints up on here not so long ago, dreaming of a redeveloped stadium and a few flats dotted around. How much profit is really there for those potential buyers?

I just cannot see any sound mind business group willing to throw £20m+ at us with just RH and the club in the mix. Kimura's investors clearly felt the same.

I simply can't see Ron backing down from his valuation and I don't see the consortium offering more to buy it, simply because of the lack of return. As I sit here with my season card, I sincerely hope I'm so wrong.
We are back where we started.

Business wise the only person who will take this on is a property developer who will want to demolish roots hall and build flats on it and then build a small stadium and more flats on some random bit of land somewhere.

Sound familiar......

I believe with the ideas many of us have suggested about increasing match and non match day revenue along with sherrifs plans to sympathetically refurbish roots hall, increase capacity as much as possible and incorporate decent banqueting and conference facilities could long term (with league status regained) lead to an almost self sustainable club.

But initially any purchaser no matter how you look at it is going to have to pour millions into a blackhole with no real promise of any return.

So back where we started, but thanks to rons input a decrepit stadium, a divisive fanbase, mountains of debt and a hugely sullied reputation and trading name.

Bugger.

1. **Community Support:** Garner widespread support from the local community, fans of Southend United FC, residents, businesses, and other interested parties. The more people who back the idea, the more likely it is to gain attention and consideration from the council.

2. **Engage with the Council:** Reach out to Essex County Council and request a meeting or communication channel to discuss the proposal. Present a compelling case highlighting the potential benefits of the purchase, such as community use, social impact, and economic advantages.

3. **Demonstrate Value:** Provide evidence of the stadium's value to the community, beyond being a football ground. Emphasize its potential for use in various community events, recreational activities, and cultural gatherings. Highlight the positive impact it can have on local sports, businesses, and tourism.

4. **Feasibility Study:** Conduct a feasibility study that outlines the financial implications and potential returns on investment for the council. Address any concerns or uncertainties they may have about the purchase.

5. **Partnerships:** Seek partnerships with local businesses, organizations, or investors who may be interested in supporting the acquisition. Collaboration can strengthen the proposal and demonstrate a unified community effort.

6. **Raise Awareness:** Utilize local media, social media, and public events to raise awareness about the campaign and generate public interest. Positive publicity and a well-organized public relations effort can put pressure on the council to consider the proposal seriously.

7. **Petitions and Campaigns:** Launch online or physical petitions and campaigns to collect signatures and support for the cause. A significant number of signatures can show the council the level of public backing for the purchase.

8. **Political Support:** Engage with local councillors, MPs, and other elected representatives who can advocate for the cause within the council. Political support can be influential in pushing the proposal forward.

9. **Negotiations:** Be prepared for negotiations with the council regarding the terms of the purchase, funding options, and responsibilities for managing the facility.

10. **Alternative Funding:** Explore alternative funding sources, such as grants, sponsorships, or community fundraising initiatives, to contribute to the purchase cost or ongoing maintenance of the stadium.

Remember that acquiring a stadium like Roots Hall involves complex financial and legal considerations. It is essential to work with legal advisors and experts to ensure all aspects of the proposal are well-documented and legally sound. The success of the campaign will depend on a strong and united community effort advocating for the acquisition of the stadium for the greater benefit of the local area.
As a general rule of thumb Chat GPT is good at sounding like it knows what it's talking about whilst not actually knowing anything. If you'd asked a human that question they would have written a much shorter reply: "why would a council want to buy a loss making football club?"

OK so I'm sure someone posted earlier that 4pm was the time that Ron had to get his sh it together in terms of payments, documents filed (?) etc.

10 past and counting......

OK so I'm sure someone posted earlier that 4pm was the time that Ron had to get his sh it together in terms of payments, documents filed (?) etc.

10 past and counting......
Did you just say Ron had to get his sh it together??

Dan, Ron confirmed in front of 20 fans on Saturday he has seen proof of funds from Goldman Sachs. Whilst stood outside his house. He can say as much as he wants regarding they don’t have the funds, but he himself said “I’ve seen proof of funds for many millions in Goldman Sachs”.
I also recall he said he would be gone by August. He had better get a move on.

As a general rule of thumb Chat GPT is good at sounding like it knows what it's talking about whilst not actually knowing anything. If you'd asked a human that question they would have written a much shorter reply: "why would a council want to buy a loss making football club?"
Didn’t they build Colchester a stadium

We are back where we started.

Business wise the only person who will take this on is a property developer who will want to demolish roots hall and build flats on it and then build a small stadium and more flats on some random bit of land somewhere.

Sound familiar......

I believe with the ideas many of us have suggested about increasing match and non match day revenue along with sherrifs plans to sympathetically refurbish roots hall, increase capacity as much as possible and incorporate decent banqueting and conference facilities could long term (with league status regained) lead to an almost self sustainable club.

But initially any purchaser no matter how you look at it is going to have to pour millions into a blackhole with no real promise of any return.

So back where we started, but thanks to rons input a decrepit stadium, a divisive fanbase, mountains of debt and a hugely sullied reputation and trading name.

Bugger.
Once again for completeness you could buy the RH site, do some of the residential development (see blocks B & C) and use that revenue stream towards funding purchase/update of stadium. Its not stadium and no residential verses residential and no stadium..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back