• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a bargain at only £1 so why haven't you made an offer.

You have claimed the club makes about £2m year. So £4.5m for RH is another bargain. That's a yield of over 40%

Have your ever worked for a guy named Bernie Madoff?

I so love the victim mentality that SUFC fans have ..

"You have claimed the club makes about £2m year"

I never said this - never - and "makes 2m a year" is utter tosh .. makes what ??

You take the pi== out of a fellow fans cos you have been mugged into believing that FF was real -

AND you want to belittle anyone who says we could run the club cos you don't want to believe cos you want to be a victim and believe RM is some sort of uber being rather a skint business loser ******* every last dollar out of our football club ...

The difference here is that you want to be on your knees crying and I want to win .,.

They aren't bad, but you can't look at just one side of a business. You have to look at expenditure as well. Without that you can't say if the revenue is good enough.

Again, on the face of it you might be right, but without looking at costs you simply don't know. The debt to RM is irrelevant because it doesn't cost SUFC anything. It's not a cost because we're not paying it back and not paying interest.

Yes it is. It might be that new owners could turn that around. I would certainly hope so, but at the moment the business isn't anywhere near profitable.

Really? Do you realise how arrogant that is? The club can be made sustainable, but it simply isn't in its current form. Again, you're falling into the trap you always fall into. You think the only number that means anything is revenue. That simply isn't that case.

Now, there's something we agree on!

you can control expenditure - particularly when you have descended to such a low level as us - Dorking Wanderers and B Wood etc won't be able to generate the revenues we can cos we have loads of fans and they have the WOOD ARMY ...

"Yes it is. It might be that new owners could turn that around."

EXACTLY ... and those new owners could be anyone ..

you can control expenditure - particularly when you have descended to such a low level as us - Dorking Wanderers and B Wood etc won't be able to generate the revenues we can cos we have loads of fans and they have the WOOD ARMY ...

"Yes it is. It might be that new owners could turn that around."

EXACTLY ... and those new owners could be anyone ..
Not all expenditure can be controlled. Utilities for example don't change just because we've moved divisions. Nor do steward costs, security costs. Moreover, they don't change, but the revenue has come down quite substantially.

Didn’t they build Colchester a stadium
Councils will happily buy or build stadiums if they are assets that will make the council money in the long run but Roots Hall isn't an asset. Roots Hall is a crumbling money sink that will need millions of pounds of renovations to be usable, unless Southend started climbing the leagues I'd be very surprised if buying the stadium at Ron's asking price would be anything other than a loss maker.

No

Colchester Council provided a loan with strict conditions, including repayment, ground rent which I believe has now been repaid

We are back where we started.

Business wise the only person who will take this on is a property developer who will want to demolish roots hall and build flats on it and then build a small stadium and more flats on some random bit of land somewhere.

Sound familiar......

I believe with the ideas many of us have suggested about increasing match and non match day revenue along with sherrifs plans to sympathetically refurbish roots hall, increase capacity as much as possible and incorporate decent banqueting and conference facilities could long term (with league status regained) lead to an almost self sustainable club.

But initially any purchaser no matter how you look at it is going to have to pour millions into a blackhole with no real promise of any return.

So back where we started, but thanks to rons input a decrepit stadium, a divisive fanbase, mountains of debt and a hugely sullied reputation and trading name.

Bugger.
To be honest, I could live with that.

Not necessarily disagreeing with you but when Newcastle pay pittance for one of our starlets it says it all. So they take a gamble with a 5 figure sum and even in 5 years time if he’s a **** premier league player he’s worth 20 million
But he almost certainly won't be.

We shouldn't be handing a begging bowl around the Premier League and I doubt our owner has earned us too many favours with the wider football community anyway.

Not all expenditure can be controlled. Utilities for example don't change just because we've moved divisions. Nor do steward costs, security costs. Moreover, they don't change, but the revenue has come down quite substantially.

some costs can be controlled ..

tbh I think RM liked relegations because it reduced the biggest cost - player wages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back