• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'd like to think as its Bentley and he is a Southend fan and with everything the club has done to get him to this stage, he might want to help us out. Maybe sign an extension to increase his value or stay , sign and then leave January or next summer. But who knows football can be a fickle game.

So you would turn down more wages plus a fat signing on fee plus a cut of the transfer and play in a nice stadium in front of large crowds.

Yet you think I talk rubbish:hilarious:

So you would turn down more wages plus a fat signing on fee plus a cut of the transfer and play in a nice stadium in front of large crowds.

Stay for a half/full season proving he can cut it at a higher level. Thus increasing his stock and showing clubs he can kick it at a higher level.

Yep I talk rubbish!

I wouldnt want him to stay for half a season, if he was to go in January Id rather he went now so we could get a permanent replacement in.

As for who wouldnt leave for a bigger club, not every player rushes into it. Eastwood could easily have pushed for a move the season we got promoted from League One, his stock was huge then. He did have two years on his contract at the time, but if he wanted to get a move he could have and we could have got plenty for him as well, yet he gave us the extra season.

It would be nice after giving Bentley his chance he would be happy to give us a second season, but I wont hold my breath.

Why not?

I turned down a move earlier this year that would have been a decent pay increase, some more share options and a more globally prominent role because that wasn't the right career move for me. And that role wasn't even in Hull.

Why not?

I turned down a move earlier this year that would have been a decent pay increase, some more share options and a more globally prominent role because that wasn't the right career move for me. And that role wasn't even in Hull.

Ah not a decent comparison then, you'd have jumped at the chance if it had been.

This is an interesting comment from the Echo article:

But Martin has turned down his offer for the 22-year-old, which Echosport understands was around the £1 million mark.

“Steve Bruce spoke to Phil Brown and Steve Kavanagh but we’ve said no to the offer,” said Martin.

That would explain why the Hull Secretary says no bid has been made, sounds like it was a verbal request between them. Hull do seem to be a shambles.

Why not?

Dan would treble or even quadruple his current salary in addition of a lump sum maybe running into hundreds of thousands !
Did your new job offer such incentives?

Dan would treble or even quadruple his current salary in addition of a lump sum maybe running into hundreds of thousands !

Eastwood could have if he had demanded a move and got the money but gave us an extra season.

Yet in a few years he could be playing in the top flight for ten times his current salary, but maybe he should listen to your words of wisdom and sit on the bench at a Championship club on a decent salary.

Stay for a half/full season proving he can cut it at a higher level. Thus increasing his stock and showing clubs he can kick it at a higher level.

Yep I talk rubbish!

Why would he want to stay for half a season?

Any million pound move or more would set him up virtually for life,he will eventually go onto bigger things and possibly even play for his country,Dan owes this club nothing,in fact he will fill the club coffers.

Yet in a few years he could be playing in the top flight for ten times his current salary, but maybe he should listen to your words of wisdom and sit on the bench at a Championship club on a decent salary.

Why would he sit on the bench at Hull?,their keepers are probably on mental deals and maybe the club want to unload them,Dan in comparison would cost peanuts.

Why would he want to stay for half a season?

Any million pound move or more would set him up virtually for life,he will eventually go onto bigger things and possibly even play for his country,Dan owes this club nothing,in fact he will fill the club coffers.

Maybe Hull's the right move for him, but maybe he'd be better off biding his time and getting assurances of first team football.

Particularly when 20% of any pay-rise goes to his agent according to you and 45% to the tax man.

Why would he sit on the bench at Hull?,their keepers are probably on mental deals and maybe the club want to unload them,Dan in comparison would cost peanuts.

If they wanted to offload them, then it would have been reported somewhere. That is my conclusion based on logic, no if buts probably or maybes about it. Why would he be the regular first team goalkeeper when they have 2 experienced goalkeepers who have played at a high level and are still quite decent? Add the fact Hull have parachute payments and have sold Ince for a decent fee, they shouldn't need to worry about finances.

If someone is on a mental deal, why would another club want to take that on?

Who do you think would get the first opportunity - the bloke on a mental deal, or the bloke on peanuts?

Maybe Hull's the right move for him, but maybe he'd be better off biding his time and getting assurances of first team football.

Particularly when 20% of any pay-rise goes to his agent according to you and 45% to the tax man.

Hull will offer him 350k at least IMO ,so after paying his agent 70k then his tax he will be left with around 14k a month,tough times I know.

If they wanted to offload them, then it would have been reported somewhere. That is my conclusion based on logic, no if buts probably or maybes about it. Why would he be the regular first team goalkeeper when they have 2 experienced goalkeepers who have played at a high level and are still quite decent? Add the fact Hull have parachute payments and have sold Ince for a decent fee, they shouldn't need to worry about finances.

Well they appear to want Bents with Bruce in person visiting the Hall,Maybe the owner intends taking most of the parachute money?

Hull will offer him 350k at least IMO ,so after paying his agent 70k then his tax he will be left with around 14k a month,tough times I know.

Hull second choice goalkeeper is on £250k a year.

Well they appear to want Bents with Bruce in person visiting the Hall,Maybe the owner intends taking most of the parachute money?

Yeah, someone worth $1bn really needs the money.

Hull second choice goalkeeper is on £250k a year.

Yeah, someone worth $1bn really needs the money.

Oh i see,you must have seen the guys bank account,how many times have we read the owner is worth zillions then it turns out not to be.

Back