• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yes, I'm not sure about Dublin being included.

There was some goalie that was brought in and the rumour was that he was the girlfriend of the new manager's daughter. It could have been late 90's or early this century - it must have been 4th division stuff.

Remember seeing a young lad called White play at Wigan (old ground - before they had all the money) and at Roots Hall I think - clearly had some talent but was struggled badly on the pitch to the extent that he would run forward but forget to take the ball with him ..........:blush:

Zaboub was poor ......... and a player I never warmed to - Barry Conlon. And in more recent times, Billy Paynter didn't exactly show that he was an England under 21 player ........ and that brings me on to Matt Harrold ......

You sure about that?

I think Carl Hutchings was a good quality player. We looked a worse sid went he did the unthinkable and went to Brentford.

Tommy Cack was woeful but as well as Hartlepool he was also very at Bournemouth once....we won 4-2

Marek Szmid is a bit unfair as I think he only made two subs apperances so you cant really say he was useless.

Yeah Tommy Black and Gary Hooper tore Bourney apart that afternoon but they were a very poor side back then.

Awful, awful player who is only fondly remembered because our form picked up when he went up front under Steve Thompson, conveniently ignoring the reason our form picked up was because we no longer had Keith Dublin at the back gifting the opposition three goals a game.

Ignoring of course that our upturn in form had more to do with Ronnie Whelan's return from injury...

Yeah, Gary Moore was dreadful wasn't he ? Just the 55 goals.

Gary Moore was a hero of mine, he scored a lot of goals, but I shall never forget the worse miss I've seen at a football game(cries of new thread). I shall bore you with the details.
Gazza or Morro as he would surely be called today was on the goalline as a corner was swung in, the ball connected with our heroes knee and we rose as one to acclaim the goal. Except the ball arched from underneath the crossbar and flew into the South Stand.
Young children were reduced to tears and old ladies were led away from the ground in shock.Scientists have spent years, all to no avail, trying to come up a theory as to how it was possible for this to have happened.
Gary Moore you made a lasting impression on me.

Christian Hislop, David Lee (whose house I viewed and refused to buy on principal), Zoltan Liptak, Adam Locke, Mario Walsh to name but a few.

I too have fond memories of watching Gary Moore as a kid, but he was either sublime or ridiculous. Capable of spraying an inch perfect pass over 30 yards, or equally, as I once recall, shooting and taking a policeman's helmet off close to the corner flag. Shouldn't be anywhere near the useless XI though.

I don't think I ever saw a more inept display than that produced by Joe Allon in his only loan appearance for us (I believe it was against Tranmere but I might be wrong). Judas took him off before half-time in one of those moves that made us love him so much before he put a dagger in our hearts.

Didn't Locke score twice at Swansea away to end our record of not having won in Wales for 386.3 years?

And any clarification of the question "you sure about that?" possible, London-Blue? Anything in particular require more detail/amending/correcting?

And any clarification of the question "you sure about that?" possible, London-Blue? Anything in particular require more detail/amending/correcting?

Just a guess but perhaps he is querying the interesting idea that we signed some goalie who was the girlfriend of the new manager's daughter.

The only manager's daughter/player relationship "rumour" I'm aware of did not involve a goalkeeper.

Yes - should have been "boyfriend" and it has been pointed out that the goalie was Emberson.

Sorry for the miskate and any contusion ............ :thump:

Back