• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United v York City, Saturday 10th August, 15:00 k.o., NL

Starting XI and Result

• Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 123 92.5%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 124 93.2%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 115 86.5%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 122 91.7%
  • Joe Gubbins

Votes: 47 35.3%
  • Nathan Ralph

Votes: 114 85.7%
  • Jack Bridge

Votes: 119 89.5%
  • Cav Miley

Votes: 120 90.2%
  • James Morton

Votes: 78 58.6%
  • Oli Coker

Votes: 104 78.2%
  • Josh Walker

Votes: 115 86.5%
  • Danny Waldron

Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Harry Cardwell

Votes: 122 91.7%
  • Adam Crowther

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • George Wind

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Beau Macdonald

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Mikey Faulkner

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Jack Wood

Votes: 4 3.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Win

Votes: 71 53.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • Lose

Votes: 16 12.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen that cricket at Chelmsford and Cliff pavilion tonight were both cancelled due to the risk of protestors and rioting. Bloody hope this doesn’t impact on our game Saturday
Don’t know why. **** all happened. A group turned up to “protect” a solicitors and shouted anti-nazi stuff to clouds. Total hyperbole.

There will be absolutely zero threat to the game.

Lots to look forward to on Saturday, including this .....
View attachment 33299
Each guest during the season invited to do as many consecutive keepie uppies as they can in 30 seconds. At the end of the season SUEPA will donate £250 to the winner's chosen charity.

Will we be able to view a close up of the Keepie-uppies on the new big screen above the North Bank?

But that was a long time ago (around 8 years). His career could have gone down that route but it didn't. He is a wide player and best suited there. He is 28 now and asking him to change his position now (even if he played there 8 years ago) is a big ask. Totally different end of the spectrum but look at Bale and Saka, both played left back and ended up as attackers. Players find their position and if they are flourishing there, they shouldn't be changed. Especially when we've seen that change in action and it hasn't worked.
Don’t get me wrong,I am a great admirer of Jack Bridge’s dazzling skills wide on the left.
But I’m finding myself wondering if they will be so much in evidence now.
Especially against better RBs,he’s been able to rely on excellent support from certain team-mates:
Wes Fonguck-of course-who has been allowed to move on to rivals.
Noor Husin,who is out injured.
Nathan Ralph,who against the stronger opponents, may be very busy on the left,trying to cover up for Jack’s defensive deficiencies—-heading ,positioning,tackling….

I think the difference this year is that with a squad everyone should feel pressure on their place and also not have to play through injuries. I understand Jack was carrying a foot injury for some time and we couldn’t afford the luxury of moving Ralph out there as he was needed at CB. Jack should feel his position is up for grabs by Nathan and also can get a rest when needed. I also think it’s possible that Gus and Wind could both play with one of the left.

What is up with the pitch by the way?

Looked **** v Gillingham and doesn't look much better in the latest pictures?

It was properly re-seeded early in the summer, so what's gone wrong, as it looked decent last season?
I've asked the same question a few times. Whilst all the changes around the ground for fans is great and very much needed, a good pitch to be successful on is of paramount importance. I'm sure money, time and effort has gone into it, but it doesn't look that way to the naked eye. I must say I was surprised when I saw it.

We are, finally, very near that moment that we thought may never happen, our first home league match with new owners (feels good doesn't it?). The crowd will be rocking and expectations will be very high because we all want to start off with an emphatic win and a good display. That may, or may not happen, because football is like that, and York will be no mugs there for the slaughter.

So everyone, including me and her, enjoy the moment, support our team, but remember this is the first of 46 games and it may take us a little while to warm up and show the rest of the league that we are SOUTHEND, so patience is the watch word.

bollox to that if we don’t win at least 4 nil i’m burning my season card and sprinkling the ashes in Justin’s pint 🤬

😁🦐💙
Alternatively, you could take the ashes of your season card and store them in a little SUFC branded urn, and take him on at drinking once a year with the urn as the prize. Nah, that just wouldn't catch on.

Alternatively, you could take the ashes of your season card and store them in a little SUFC branded urn, and take him on at drinking once a year with the urn as the prize. Nah, that just wouldn't catch on.

God knows what state Justin will be in tomorrow. It's brilliant that he is always in the pub pre and post match.

If he is in the railway after, we may even invite him for a curry

Take Justin on at drinking?

Maybe 20 years ago - don’t stand a chance now 🍻🥴

Suck eggs stuff!
Get to The Hall early, expect queues at shop, ticket office, turnstiles, limited access to bars due to H&S, queues and squeeze at all toilets, no onions, tight squeeze in seat rows with many requiring stand up to allow passage.
In the lower half of the East you will fry in the sunlight, .
In the West you will wish you had brought your parka.
Lots of folks may be unused to The Hall, including staff/stewards/Police.

An hour and a half before kick off and there must be between 100 / 150 people standing in Shakespeare Drive waiting for the West Stand to open!

Never seen that before and I've lived here for over 20 years!!!
:Happy::Happy::Happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back