• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 4-0 Oldham Athletic

What an amazing performance. Oldham will be there or thereabouts at the end of the season but they seemed complacent today and were spanked for it.

Callum Powell had a super first half, worrying the Latic's defence with every swift run at them and took his goal well. He was then thumped hard in the back and wasn't the same in the second half, hope he is OK. We really can't afford to lose any players through injury.

Bridge and Ralph had great games both authoritative and skillful. Husin had his moments too.

So pleased that Cardwell scored at the end. He had little luck earlier, could have got a hat trick.

Great subs by Kev! Both Coker and Mooney scored. Coker also played a couple of excellent balls to put Cardwell in good positions. Very promising.

No weak links at all today. What an outstanding tribute to these fine, loyal players. Perhaps not the greatest players Southend United have ever had but I would say that they are one of the best TEAMS that SUFC have ever had. And what a superb management team.

The stuff of legends.

Speechless. Never in my wildest dreams given the summer we’ve had would I have thought we’d put 4 past one of the pre season favourites for promotion whilst keeping a clean sheet. A special performance from a special group of players, coaching staff and manager. They all deserve every bit of praise coming their way this evening.

Now just remains to say, Ron Martin.. get out of our club!

I was nervous going in to this and am really pleased those nerves were misplaced. Well done to the players - but we need more bodies because the games are going to come thick and fast.

What Kev, Daz & Bents hav achieved today with little to no backing from above is nothing short of miraculous.

Outstanding achievement from the players today, absolutely marvellous.

Credit also to SVC for getting the ball rolling on getting these lads in the door.

Onwards & upwards.

Zero Kudos to you Ron Martin, todays result was despite you not because of you!

I walked in thinking the score would be 4-0 I didn’t it would be to us though!

Unreal, such determination, grit and passion from all of those players. These players who have stuck around along with the coaching team are legends!

After such a **** summer with all the bollocks around the sale and winding up orders, thank you for bringing me a massive smile and some happiness!

Top of the league 😍 goals on the opening day from Powell, Coker, Mooney and Cardwell will be massive for their confidence. Genuinely thought the whole team were immense. Never took their foot off the gas and barely gave Oldham a look in.

Special group of lads we got here. So easy for heads to go down and to feel hard done by but the mentality of these lot is top class. Huge hats off to King Kev and co.

Oh and Oli Coker is a ****ing BALLER!

I did ! I'm not sure why u thought this way? We finished 7th last season with basically the same squad,they know this league and we won all our pre season friendlys so not surprises one bit!
I Have to hand it to you Steve, you predicted it, and everyone (me included) thought you were barmy. Credit where it's due

Fantastic effort by the whole squad and what a pick me up .Total effort and commitment from the players was rewarded with some great goals.
Can't remember the last time we delivered such a convincing display.
Well done everybody connected with the club.......except Ron....... today including the groundsman and backroom staff

For effort and commitment, 10s all round. Absolutely incredible performance by any standards, but in the circumstances, absolutely gobsmacked.

Ndi: 7
Ralph: 8
Kensdale: 7
Taylor: 7
GSM: 7
Husin: 9
Fonguck: 9 (MoM)
Miley: 8
Bridge: 8
Powell: 8
Cardwell: 9

Coker: 7
Mooney: 7
JD: 6
Totally agree on Fonguck. He was on another level today!

Back