• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 4-0 Oldham Athletic

As far as opening days go, that’s was probably the best I’ve ever known.

Every single one of those boys in blue, plus the management & the staff, deserve every plaudit we can physically give them.

Absolutely outstanding. From start to finish we were the better team. When we inevitably ran out of steam, we still controlled and dictated the play.

Roll on the West Ham fans’ second team

Oh, and @Cricko, I told you we’d win 4-0 :Winking:

Absolutely fantastic performance by all the players. From the off they wanted it more than Oldham and some of the football we played was superb. None of us expected us to dominate them after all that has gone on recently but we did from start to finish.

Well done all the boys and management.

Ralph my MOTM

I am ssssoooooo effin happy as l post this. The whole football side of this club is just unbelievable. We are so lucky to have them and l include Mooney and Powell.

If the players want to give that every game and we can finally get out of this embargo we might have a season so much better than we have all anticipated.

Can't wait for the next game, and whoever pulls the shirt on obviously cares for it, well and truly demonstrated today.

So proud!

UTB

Fantastic result, I thought perhaps there was an outside chance we could pinch a win, but didn't see that coming! Just gutted I was working today and couldn't make it.

Fair play to every single person involved in the club apart from one man. The pride and loyalty shown this close season has been second to none. To the players, what an incredible performance! We are traditionally slow starters and I can’t recall an opening day like this- certainly not in the last 20 years.

However, special plaudits have to go to our coaching team. To operate under the circumstances they have for over a year now, and to be faced with the pre-season situation that we’ve had would have had most management teams walking, or certainly being very disgruntled. We are so very lucky to have Kevin Maher, Darren Currie and Mark Bentley. For them to have quietly got on with their job this summer and then produce a 4-0 win on the opening day is a result that, contextually, won’t be bettered in any league in England on the opening day. What a monumental achievement! No, this doesn’t mean anything in the overarching season, and we are still very up against it, but how lucky we are to have such a resilient, calm, measured coaching team who always operate with the highest level of integrity. Players must love playing for them.

Last edited:
Back