• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-0 Boston United

For someone that Orient fans said was overweight and unfit, Moncur looked fine to me.
He was the covering man at the back late on when Boston did get a break and rather than hoof it clear he dribbled it out of defence then played a nice pass out.
The guy oozes class

Last edited:
Really good tonight kept the ball really well our strongest 11 now is one of the best in the league keep everyone fit and will be right up there hopefully Walker is just a precaution

Once again we should have created much more for me.

Yet again didn't work the keeper enough a constant weakness in this squad. As the game went on, I thought we were too relaxed and played it like a training game, because Boston were the poorest side I have ever seen at Roots Hall. But that is no excuse to come off the front foot well before we got the second goal.

Yes, it's a win, but we were too sloppy too often. Mis-hitting crosses, to hard, too soft, hitting the first defender. We made mistakes at the back, that we will pay for against the better teams in this division.

I looked at one instance, when Kensdale bought the ball out from the back, across the halfway line, and the ball was there to offload to the left. Ollie ignored that, ran into a dead end of three Boston players, turned and played the ball 30 yards backwards. So we gained F all, ended up defending again, when we should have been playing along the edge of their box. That's what I mean by sloppiness, not just mis placed passes.

A win's a win, but the manner of it against the standard of the opposition for me gives the overall performance no more than a 5/10.

Don't get me wrong, there were positives, Ollie and Gus worked so well down the right and linked really well. Cav picked up yet another early yellow, but controlled the deep midfield. Ralph and bridge worked hard down the left. Cards and Waldron never stopped running and the opening goal was purely down to Cards not giving up and chasing a ball and making the defender make a mistake and playing the whistle or lack of it!

However, their keeper made one good save from cards, and two from Waldron. Especially the one in the first half, when Waldron did so well to turn the defence.

Still room for improvement, especially in the final third and we need more end product. We will have a more meaningful test on Saturday, where we must be better focused and deliver better balls into the box.

The carrot is we are up to 10th and if we can get a win, then we go above pre season favourites Barnet in their own back yard. What more of an incentive do we want?
We were all over them. They had little of the ball. We dominated the game, hit the crossbar and we looked so assured. You're giving that a 5/10?
I thought we were excellent.

Very comfortable against probably the poorest side we will face all season. Don’t think Collin had a save to make?

Only gripe is it should have been far more than 2. Still lacking that killer instinct in the box. Get Adarkwa or Kabongo in and we are in business.

Moncur you can see has a brain far beyond any other in this team. Give him a few games to get warmed up and we have a class player on our hands for this level.

Very comfortable tonight, I do agree we need a clinical goal scorer. I want to see more of George Wind and George Moncur is in my opinion our best signing (even if it's short) for a long time, obvious he has played at a higher level and exactly what we have been crying out for for a long time. UTB 💙

Very comfortable against probably the poorest side we will face all season. Don’t think Collin had a save to make?

Only gripe is it should have been far more than 2. Still lacking that killer instinct in the box. Moved the ball well at times and looked hungry.

Moncur you can see has a brain far beyond any other in this team. Give him a few games to get warmed up and we have a class player on our hands for this level.
Been a long time since we’ve had that edge of the seat player.

Case in point tonight when he ran on to the pitch and headed over towards the West. Received the ball, ghosted past his man, drawing a foul which saw his oppo player booked. He’d been on less than a minute.

Next up, he’s tracked back into defence, received the ball and dribbled back out before finding the right upfield, pressure releasing pass.

And so on even in that short cameo appearance. A class above.

Back