• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-0 Boston United

I was pleased to see Noor back last night and just hope he doesn’t do too much too soon and risk having to sit on the side again.

I shall be brutal here and say I was a little bored at times last night and half expected us to knock in more than two of the goals of what we did and Boston were better than I thought they would be. That’s not to say we didn’t play badly as I felt we dominated the game and we were passing it around.
At times i felt a little frustrated when no one was on the end of some of the passes that only required a tap in the back of the net.
Cav, had me a little worried and thought he might have received a second yellow and
I think Coker is emerging as a solid player but MoM for me was Ralph who seems to cover the whole of the pitch last night.

Three points in the bag and unbeaten - suppose can’t ask for more than that
Good crowd again
The only concern I have is the dark strip which in daylight is not to bad but once it got dark felt it was difficulty to see (and I was wearing my glasses)

I was pleased to see Noor back last night and just hope he doesn’t do too much too soon and risk having to sit on the side again.

I shall be brutal here and say I was a little bored at times last night and half expected us to knock in more than two of the goals of what we did and Boston were better than I thought they would be. That’s not to say we didn’t play badly as I felt we dominated the game and we were passing it around.
At times i felt a little frustrated when no one was on the end of some of the passes that only required a tap in the back of the net.
Cav, had me a little worried and thought he might have received a second yellow and
I think Coker is emerging as a solid player but MoM for me was Ralph who seems to cover the whole of the pitch last night.

Three points in the bag and unbeaten - suppose can’t ask for more than that
Good crowd again
The only concern I have is the dark strip which in daylight is not to bad but once it got dark felt it was difficulty to see (and I was wearing my glasses)
Did you not think to take your sunglasses off?

Yea again spot on about Waldron. Lots of people backing him tonight and saying what a willing runner and hard worker he is etc. that’s great but if we want to go up we need better than that. He’ll be a back up only now and even then if we can bring in someone better then hell be 4th choice.

The amount of times the ball bounced off him with a bad touch, or ran away from him, or he picked the wrong pass or made the wrong run etc.

I get players have bad games - hopefully it’s a factor - but as I said in my original post, that’s the worst team I’ve probably ever seen at roots hall and they were leaving us acres of space. He should have done better.

The one chance he did get - which he did very well to fashion himself btw - he fluffed Ultimately. Maybe he had too much time and too many other options to pass to and that happens… but going back to my first point here, if we want to challenge at the top, we will need better.

I expect Kev knows this as why we got Walker (and rumoured to be after Bongo or Adarkwa, both of who would be above Waldron in the pecking order)
I take it you dont think much off Waldron then !!!

The comments on here about Waldron are unbelievable, give the guy a chance he done well tonight he worked his socks off. Needs a little luck. Confidence in strikers brings goals if he isn't scoring we as fans should be getting behind him not against him
Agreed 18 games is nothing let’s judge him after 100

One observation from last night's game was Mileys inability to demonstrate self discipline in the early stages of the game. He picked up an early booking last night after getting booked on Saturday after just 6 minutes.
As much as I admire his style of play, he can play at times too close to the edge in this league and with the refereering standards being what they are, it could hurt us.
The 11 yellows that he got last season and the 2 already this can't be overlooked.
Miley doing Miley things! It happens when you play in that position. Ask Alan McCormack, Nicky Bailey, Ryan Leonard and Kevin Maher!

Just watched full replay, oh to have 4 George Moncur's in this League, absolute quality. Touch, awareness, everything he done was on a different planet. Any more like him out there available?

From that video / angle Waldron looked like he didn't hit it hard enough or clean enough (which I actually thought at the time, plus I thought he could have taken an extra touch to get closer).

Oh well

Back