• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-3 Gateshead

Not from where I was sitting, Colin (who had a shocker again) clearly got the ball. Be interested to see the highlights to see if my opinion changes.
I saw it twice on the live stream and it looked not a pen live and then like a pen on second viewing on the replay but someone put up a freeze frame that seems to show he got a hand to it first. So...**** knows!

Never in a blue moon will KM be sacked. Much more likely he will walk unless finance is given to him to improve a threadbare side. Many will say the club is being run correctly im sure your right. Many will say we are lucky to have club at all to support. I'm sure you are also right. In my opinion though unless money is provided to improve the players that play for this club get used to playing in this league or lower.
What makes you think money isn’t being provided? We’ve brought in Moncur, Bonne and Walker - all warmly received by fans and none of them will be budget options. Plus we've added Wind, Gubbins, KAF, Pepple and today Foran - and I’ve heard nothing saying we can’t sign more if the right players become available.

How do you think our budget compares to the 23 other clubs in this league? I don’t know the answer to this one, but I suspect strongly that we are in the top 8. And of course the team with the biggest budget doesn’t necessarily win - look at who has been promoted in recent seasons. For every Wrexham, there’s a Bromley. What we need is what served us so well in recent years, which is a group of players that sweat blood for each other. My concern is that with a number of personal changes, that dynamic has largely gone, and Maher is effectively starting again.

I missed today's game, 1st home match I haven't seen. Even though I expected us to lose as it seems most do most games at the moment it sounded awful on here.

We are over a 1/4 way through the season and looking like a poor side who will be looking over their shoulder at the relegation zone rather than the play offs, no side in this league fears playing us right now.

I did notice the attendance dropped and will continue to unless something changes and that doesn't seem likely.

Playing with a back 3 who have never played together before against a very organised Gateshead side was never going to be easy. They were pacy and direct and we couldn't cope.
That said, we have no pace anywhere on the pitch and that is going to be our downfall this season.
Bridge cannot defend and he isn't taking on defenders now either.
Our whole style of play isn't threatening enough to give us the edge against teams and without an edge, we are going nowhere in this division.

That today was awful. We as Southend fans understand awful. This is the 5th season of awful.

Having been taken over did we all expect awful again.

I love KM. He is a legend at southend. But his teams play like he played. Solid, safe and unspectacular.

I looked at the side today and called a defeat as soon as I saw bonne up top on his own. He is unfit and not the quickest and was tasked with closing the defence on his own. He isn't the answer and looks disinterested.

Last season we had the best defence in the league. We are so poor at the back now. Look likely to concede every game.

Moncur is playing poorly, Husin is inconstant. We are missing miley. KAF is a good player and has something about him.

How does Pebble not get on the pitch today?

Gateshead didn't need to get out of 2nd gear to win. A team that play in an athletics track in front of 900 fans and have a vastly better squad who will be top 4 at the end of the year.

Something is very wrong at the moment.

Cosu are focusing on renovating the ground and increasing match day revenue. We'll I hope they are budgeting for 4500-5000 crowds because they won't be getting 6500-7500 with the budget they are setting. Yes we want better food, nicer toilets and pre match beers but not at the cost to the squad.

I am so sick and tired of following the club I love and just being disappointed game after game and month after month.

This is the first season as long as I can remember where I've honestly thought about working a home game. Better to earn money than just watch another inevitable poor performance and likely defeat.

If the fans knew what was going to be served up before the season started, then lots of season cards would have still been in the club shop.

Back