• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-3 Gateshead

Can't win can they - when recruiting up and coming fans were crying out for some experience, players that had been there and done it rather than 'part-timers' that needed 6 months to get up to speed! As usual you need a mix, which is what we have.

As for your last statement that the club feels rotten again - I really don't know where to start
Because, me me me, now now now.

Can't win can they - when recruiting up and coming players fans were crying out for some experience, players that had been there and done it rather than 'part-timers' that needed 6 months to get up to speed! As usual you need a mix, which is what we have.

As for your last statement that the club feels rotten again - I really don't know where to start
Absolutely this.

And yes, that 'rotten' comment is ridiculous.

The up and coming route doesn’t allways work does it. Waldron, Wood, Morton, Crowther? None of these I would class as a success. Although sometimes it does work, Kensdale, Cardwell, GSM, but the recent signings have all been poor compared to the initial ones of Kev’s tenure.

Maybe that’s why we have switched to signings like Moncur and Bonne?

Our recruitment this season has felt like it did when we was in League 2

Losing key players (for whatever reason) and replacing with players on a downward trajectory.

When Stan came in, he highlighted this issue and we started to recruit players on an upward trajectory and with a passion and drive to reach the highest level.

Why has this seemingly changed since the takeover?

The club feels rotten again, and I can't help but point a finger at some of the recruitment.
I don’t think this is the case. Most of our signings over the summer and up to now have been “on brand” i.e youngish players with some but not not lots of experience, players who could kick on (Gubbins, Wind, Pepple, KAF, Foran). Walker was a bit different but he was one of our top targets. The two departures from our post-Stan recruitment strategy are Moncur and Bonne, who most supporters were delighted with at the time. But by all accounts, these two were on or near the white board. Overall, I don’t think we’ve changed strategy really. The team is not gelling though, that much is true.

Back