• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-3 Gateshead

I think kev wanted pepple to heal up fully, Taylor sounds like he could be back ASAP after a little tweak.
Saturdays team for maidenhead will look and feel better, I'd drop bonne and moncur btw.
.........Taylor crowther ralph
Gus morton Bridge
.............KAF Noor
............Walker Pepple

I think kev wanted pepple to heal up fully, Taylor sounds like he could be back ASAP after a little tweak.
Saturdays team for maidenhead will look and feel better, I'd drop bonne and moncur btw.
Gus morton Bridge
.............KAF Noor
I'd say that's worth a go. I'd also say it won't happen.

Gus morton Bridge
.............KAF Noor
Have I missed something ? Has it been confirmed that Bim wasn't fully fit ?

Gus morton Bridge
.............KAF Noor
Walker won’t start quite yet so Bonne and Pepple up top I reckon. Moncs will start so suspect Morton won’t. Always a chance Ralph will go LWB so Gubbins continues and Jack comes on for Gubbins last 30.
In reality not a huge array of options of course

Gateshead boss Rob Elliott is joining Crawley. Will be interesting how they fare without him.
Amazing what winning at Roots Hall can do for a lad’s career, innit?

Be a blow but sure they’ be fine, were after Williamson left so sure have a similar replacement with same ethos.

Who the hell is Nobbler? For those of us (me) who do not know.
Nobbler is Dave Brabbing who was the first SUFC "face" that I can remember from away games in the 60's .These days he's a rather reformed character-as befits someone in their 70's-who sits in the East Blacks, IIRC:He will always be remembered by fans (of a certain age) for carving a bronze of Dereck Spence and presenting the great man with it on the pitch.He wasa great fan of Billy Best's too and I believe Sir Billy has actually visited his house.Should add that I haven't actually seen him in years but he's still active on SZ.

Last edited:
Nobbler is Dave Brabbing who was the first SUFC "face" that I can remember from away games in the 60's .These days he's a rather reformed character-as befits someone in their 70's-who sits in the East Blacks, IIRC:He will always be remembered by fans (of a certain age) for carving a bronze of Dereck Spence and presenting the great man with it on the pitch.He wasa great fan of Billy Best's too and I believe Sir Billy has actually visited his house.Should add that I haven't actually seen him in years but he's still active on SZ.
I can verify that, if Dave got cut he'd bleed blue, such is his devotion to SUFC. I've had the privilege of visiting his home, & if SUFC ever opened a 'hall of fame' they'd be hard pressed to compete with Dave's SUFC room.

Back