• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-3 Gateshead

That's way down the road though when new East stand is built. That could be years away.
Partially - they also highlighted hiring out the training ground which I guess may come sooner. They're not aiming to become sustainable overnight - thankfully. I think it's a 5yr plan - sounds a touch ambitious but not impossible

Partially - they also highlighted hiring out the training ground which I guess may come sooner. They're not aiming to become sustainable overnight - thankfully. I think it's a 5yr plan - sounds a touch ambitious but not impossible
There reliant on funding from Martin's FF development which is bit worrying considering Martin's track record of delivering nothing. They also would need some sort of loan to cover the short fall from the Martin's as they would only be receiving 7-9 million from FF development.

There reliant on funding from Martin's FF development which is bit worrying considering Martin's track record of delivering nothing. They also would need some sort of loan to cover the short fall from the Martin's as they would only be receiving 7-9 million from FF development.
I think they're on record as saying that they are NOT reliant on the FF money from Ron.

I don't know how many times it's been mentioned - Cosu believe the key to sustainability is non matchday related revenue streams.
They may, but for that to be in any way meaningful needs the new East Stand. Otherwise the current facilities will provide some, but I fear certainly not enough, to cover a meaningful drop if in attendances. If things don’t improve on the pitch and attendances drop by 1500 for the last 10 games that will cost probably £200k.

I would suggest matchday income is more achievable in a meaningful way short term - indeed I’m very surprised how little has been executed on that to date. Look at what Maidstone do with semi permanent facilities for food and drink, and Ebbsfleet with pop up vending. But again the bigger the attendance the more sales. I’m sure they know what they are doing, but I would be looking for sponsors to fund the necessary infrastructure around the ground and the club to run the outlets themselves to maximize profitably per head.

Not sure what the detailed business plan is obviously. But it’s very easy to spend money too quickly on things that don’t deliver. For example prioritising ground capacity doesn’t move the dial financially unless at the same time you make sure you have paying customers to provide the return on investment by filling that increased capacity.

So far 5300 including 4 from Maidenhead.
Cant see KM making to many changes it's not his style.Ralph obviously to return,like others have said we need to play 2 uptop.Bridge has been poor and needs dropping but its unlikely.However who ever plays we need a performance like Eastleigh and 3 points

I hope the consortium does not find out the hard way that running successful IT companies that enjoyed a work from home bonanza during the Covid pandemic is somewhat different from running a football club, a results driven business. If we are stuck in the hellhole of the NL for five years or more attendances will surely drop to unsustainable levels reminiscent of the early 80s. Spending what little money there is on refurbishing a crumbling stadium will not result in success on the pitch, which is essential for survival. Getting back to the EFL should be number one priority, in fact the only priority otherwise there is little point to making up the numbers in the fifth tier.

I hope the consortium does not find out the hard way that running successful IT companies that enjoyed a work from home bonanza during the Covid pandemic is somewhat different from running a football club, a results driven business. If we are stuck in the hellhole of the NL for five years or more attendances will surely drop to unsustainable levels reminiscent of the early 80s. Spending what little money there is on refurbishing a crumbling stadium will not result in success on the pitch, which is essential for survival. Getting back to the EFL should be number one priority, in fact the only priority otherwise there is little point to making up the numbers in the fifth tier.
This is completely incorrect. Those clubs that have been able to punch above their weight in recent years either have facilities that generate revenue on non-matchdays, owners with extremely deep pockets or both.

We have had neither, hence our slide out of the football league.

Getting promoted to L2 is no guarantee of financial stability either. Sure gate revenue, sponsorship, tv money etc goes up - but so do costs. How many L2 clubs are sustainable? I think the message is relying only on gate money/match day revenue is not financially sustainable in any of the divisions - hence the need to focus on non-matchday revenue generation

Back