• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1-1 York City

We will be up there in the play offs. We will be in the bottom 3 for goals conceded. But alas be mid tab;e for goals scored. Goals scored from open play will be rare .. we will have a good season but it’s not going to be fun to watch.
The top,3 in this league will have scored 20 plus more goals more than us by seasons end

Didnt see the game. Glass full, will say thats one more point than last season against York at home.
Cant wait to get back to the Hall next game. Dont write the boys off just yet eh 😄

Poor performance but I would rather we peak at the right time rather than on the first day of the season like last year. Bridge in midfield was a terrible decision from Kev. Him and GSM as wingbacks help to hide our creative weakness in midfield.
I am not sure Kevin had too many options and was probably worth a try. Kevin did change it early in the 2nd half. Jack had his hands full when he went to LWB, so didn't provide too much going forward. Let us hope that Husin is fit soon as that would be a partial solution.

The game was exactly how I predicted which was a lethargic 1-1 draw, against a decent York side who clearly had a good pre season behind them and looked sharper than us.

My prediction of a slow start with a strong run into the play offs towards the latter part of the season still stands, and considering where we were that will be a dream.

🚨🆕✍️ Here’s my post-match tactical analysis of yesterday’s draw at Roots Hall, between Southend United and York City.

I analyse the tactical battle, assess both side’s pressing structures, and explain why York had so much of the possession.

http://shrimperstats.data.blog/2024/08/11/southend-united-vs-york-city-post-match-analysis/
Enjoyed reading this sir - grand effort.

I'd add two things;
As Paul Clark intimated on BBC Essex, Walker seems a 'reactive' striker. Cardwell won numerous flick-ons on Saturday, surely he should have gambled and started his runs earlier.
Ralph and Bridge very rarely works as an advanced combo on the left. Ralph at left-back in a four, fine (Jack left wing). But if he's playing at left wing-back Bridge misses out.

Back