• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-2 Maidenhead United

Can anyone tell us what exactly happened with Crowther in the penalty area. Seemed like the whole ground wanted a pen. Thought the ref was going to ruin the game ended up being a bad referee but our performance was even worse.
Was never a pen. Crowther stooped down to about a yard off the ground to attempt to head the ball, and the quite predictable result was that he got kicked in the head during the ensuing attempted clearance.

Pathetic. Same excuses and they don't stack up. Maher had his favoured defence on the pitch and still it looked amateur. Bonne is not looking remotely useful and we can't carry him. Husin and forson were so deep they may as well have been goalkeepers. Foran came on, before Gubbins, and looked atrocious. I cannot say it enough but we are selected wrong, set up wrong and necessary changes are made by opposition managers before Maher even realises his tactics aren't working.

I don't give a hoot about all the off field nonsense. It has no bearing on the fact that the team we put out should be capable of making a better show of things than it does. We are not as bad as we are making ourselves look. Why?

Various players, Husin/ ex-player Kensdale/Crowther and more looked better when they first arrived. They now look stifled, and way below their potential, the more they try to play Maher's way.

The crowd was subdued for much of the match and large numbers left with over ten minutes to go. This situation is simply not good enough. If RM was still in charge he would be pilloried and elements running the club need to know the sticky brown stuff is truly hitting the fan.

I want Maher to succeed but if he is not prepared to accept he is getting it very wrong, then it's time for him to get on his bike. Players, management and owners should be ashamed of this cr#p.

If I'm COSU I give Maher the next 5 games to see what happens;

Rochdale (A)
Aldershot (A)
Tamworth (H)
Yeovil (H)
Altrincham (A)

I'd want at least 8 points

Rochdale and Altrincham are both up north. Maximum of 2 points under Maher.

The rest… Who knows.

Aldershot look poor.
Tamworth seem on and off, but goal happy.
Yeovil - if we lose to a club captained by Frank Nouble, **** me, sack Maher on the spot.

Just got home, still depressed. Where to start?
We had no leaders.
Our defenders let their forwards peel away from them and find space at will.
Our midfielders seemed on different wavelengths throughout, often passing to where they THOUGHT their team mate was going to be.
Nor did they react sharply enough to any loose balls.
The strikers did not bust a gut to get on the end of rebounds from their keeper (and there were plenty of them).
There was no fight.
The fact that three sides of the ground cheered when Bonne was finally withdrawn said it all.
Kev must surely be looking at himself now, wondering, why can I not motivate, shape, or organise this squad.

This will be easy

Today's team everyone- 1

Management -10000

Time to go Kev, thanks for your hard work over the last two years. But if you can't do well when we have no financial constraints what's the issue?

Abject one system, never changes, Bridge is clearly his son. I also believe another manager would of got us play offa last year too - Kevs just a very poor tactician.

I don't want Currie or Benno stepping up, clear the decks and bring in someone new with new ideas and the ability to play more than one system

Appreciate this will probably be unpopular but I think the booing at the end and the constant jeering whenever Collin gets the ball are counter productive. I’m as fed up as anyone but don’t think it’ll do any good.
Because we all know that he is not good enough and Hilson just cannot be worse?

Maher's crap football has been found out and he amazingly turns good players like Moncur and KAF in to crab clones.
Just cannot see us scoring more goals than Collins bad goalkeeping errors, bottom 4 with the man in charge!

Can anyone tell us what exactly happened with Crowther in the penalty area. Seemed like the whole ground wanted a pen. Thought the ref was going to ruin the game ended up being a bad referee but our performance was even worse.
He ducked deep down to head ball and caught by a boot I think, please correct me if I’m wrong. He got caught but I don’t think it was a high boot or a pen from first viewing.

Last Season we just hoped for COSU to take over - now some "Supporters" want Maher to be sacked. I come from Colchester every game and will do so until there is no SUFC. This is a rebuilding period - the Club need to release some serious funds so Kevin Maher et al can get some quality in. No has beens or wanna be's but proper players.
But we are not in a re build period… we are in a period of absolute dire football by a completely inadequate team that will not improve at all and will only get worse . Take it on the chin .. this is as good as this team are getting

Again another one that’s not good enough .. I’m sure you like him like we all do but shouldn’t be anywhere near a first team that’s 👀 for promotion
We can forget promotion this season and certainly the play offs seem way off. Coker hasn't been any part of the team for the recent bad run so deserves nothing but support when he gets back on the pitch. A Southend lad through and through who will give his all, unlike some other stealing a wage from us.

We can forget promotion this season and certainly the play offs seem way off. Coker hasn't been any part of the team for the recent bad run so deserves nothing but support when he gets back on the pitch. A Southend lad through and through who will give his all, unlike some other stealing a wage from us.
Not saying he isn’t anything you have said and I agree, but he’s not good enough ..

I wonder if we could get a heat map of the passing between our three centre backs back and fore every game must look like the centre of the sun. 80 percent of our possession each game happens there - ifs nauseating unless you are 1-0 up with a minute to go for game management

Back