• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-2 Maidenhead United

Possibly, not too sure myself either. My thought process was 5 league bookings would maybe have to be served in a league match but if he can serve it next Saturday then brilliant, big chance for Wind to make an impression.
Whether Premier league ruler are different I don't know but Trossard got sent off in the league for Arsenal against Man City one weekend, served his ban in the league cup in the week then played in the Premier league the next weekend

Whether Premier league ruler are different I don't know but Trossard got sent off in the league for Arsenal against Man City one weekend, served his ban in the league cup in the week then played in the Premier league the next weekend
I think someone explained above - a red card is served in the next game, a suspension for an accumulation of yellows is served in that competition.

No idea if this is correct, but it sounds plausible

Agree with most of your ratings, though I actually thought Husin was better today than last week and 2 is harsh, and 6 for Bridge is generous, both still way below par though.
Game of opinions as always but can’t believe anybody would think Husin did anything of note. The only time he wasn’t losing the ball, he was passing it backwards.

That was one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen in a blues shirt in 35 years

Game of opinions as always but can’t believe anybody would think Husin did anything of note. The only time he wasn’t losing the ball, he was passing it backwards.

That was one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen in a blues shirt in 35 years
You’re probably right, it just shows how bad we currently are that I thought he was better than last week!

We’ve gone from a proper team that would run through brick walls for the club, fans and management. To a bunch of individuals that couldn’t fight their way out of a paper bag.

Not only that, they look scared to play football, play a forward pass, take a risk. I’m not sure what the answer is, other than time, stability and money.

Not sure the majority can stomach much more though. Especially as this season looks a write off already. Me personally I’ll be looking to see big improvements next season before I lose my rag.

What a depressing afternoon. Too many negatives, as others have said, signing Bonne and Moncur seems to go against the blueprint of signing young hungry players given a chance to play at a higher level and fulfill their potential. The defending of the back three at set peices has been woeful and disappointing. We still lack midfield players who can score goals by gambling to be in the right place when a cross comes in. None of them seem to run beyond the strikers. We look so lightweight and seem to be outmuscled too often. Most worrying is that we seem to have lost the spirit and in your faces attitude that was there last season. KM has a huge job on his hands now, to be fair we have been unlucky with injuries and loss of players but that is an excuse that only goes so far. What summed up the day for me was the away fans chanting " 2 nil to the part timers" Seventeenth in the National League, I never imagined we would ever sink that low.

Best part of the day was when Gus crashed the ball against the west stand roof and a load of moss or bird **** fell down onto one unlucky chap who took it ever so well. 😂🤣

What a depressing afternoon. Too many negatives, as others have said, signing Bonne and Moncur seems to go against the blueprint of signing young hungry players given a chance to play at a higher level and fulfill their potential. The defending of the back three at set peices has been woeful and disappointing. We still lack midfield players who can score goals by gambling to be in the right place when a cross comes in. None of them seem to run beyond the strikers. We look so lightweight and seem to be outmuscled too often. Most worrying is that we seem to have lost the spirit and in your faces attitude that was there last season. KM has a huge job on his hands now, to be fair we have been unlucky with injuries and loss of players but that is an excuse that only goes so far. What summed up the day for me was the away fans chanting " 2 nil to the part timers" Seventeenth in the National League, I never imagined we would ever sink that low.
They also chanted ‘can we play you every week?’! How bad was that?

This was the point I realised how far we’ve sunk. How on earth does a full time professional team look so much less fit and hungry as a part time outfit? That’s unforgivable.

And “Are you Marlow in disguise”….how low we have sunk when we are getting bantered by 100 Maidenhead. ****ing hell!

I certainly don't want Kev to go, but at the moment we seem to be trying to play a set up and style that some of the players currently available don't seem to be suited to. The ones that are suited to it remain woefully short of confidence.
Key word in this post is Confidence!
Last season nothing was expected due to all the off the pitch rubbish.

Since the takeover (78 days remember) people expect more but still a short period of time and other issues, Caldwell and Kensdale etc. will have had an impact. Last season we would have made allowances for poor performances due to Ron etc. Now as it has all been sorted people are not making allowances (78 Days ......remember that)

We all need to be patient and based on Kev interview he knows what needs to be done so lets cut him and the players some slack!

Last edited:
Few relfections now I've had a bit of time to think

- be careful what you wish for. Lost count of the number of posts earlier this season demanding 'experienced heads' who'd 'done it at a higher level'. Well you've got them now and they're called Bonne and Moncur. We can turn around and say 'yeah but not those ones' but they fit the mold people were crying out for and were lauded at the time. I get the calls for experience to an extent but it goes to show that a good cv is no guarantee of success.

- legs or head. That said Moncur at least has put in some good perofrmances since joining and we need to work out how to get a tune out of him again. I can only speculate but it looks like he's either playing too much football (in which case do what we did at the start and bring him on early in the 2nd half) or his head has dropped at the realisation of what he's got himself into, which is a tougher one to fix.

Numbers - Maherball when it works has a lot of overload esp in wide positions - bridge and Ralph/wes, Dalby +1 when we played three up top, Hobson supporting down the right. We seem to have got to a point where we're trying to get more progression down the middle but the players there aren't doing it (for a variety of reasons prob including their own lack of mobility/confidence, the breakdown of the press meaning we're not getting the ball in advantageous situations ) and it seems to be coming at the cost of fewer overlaps. If I were Kev I'd be looking at how we played when we've got on a run of wins In previous seasons and thinking hard about how to recreate it - it might mean a more defensive central midfield on paper which gives more licence to players in wider areas to play progressively. This would of course be a lot easier if Miley was available.

Huge couple of weeks for the management team as the overall mood today from players and fans alike feels like it could be a damegeous inflection point.

I wonder if we could get a heat map of the passing between our three centre backs back and fore every game must look like the centre of the sun. 80 percent of our possession each game happens there - ifs nauseating unless you are 1-0 up with a minute to go for game management
When they went down to 10, due to their playing having to go off for 30 seconds, we had possession, but the ball didn't even make it into their half - we just played it along the back.

There was just no urgency to attack!

Back