• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-1 York City

Think I feel a little different to a lot of people tonight. I thought we dominated possession with Miley and Morton looking extremely comfortable on the ball. Crowther looked fantastic at the back and is a super signing. Waldron looked pacey and found some space but he did clearly tire as the game went on. I thought we dominated large parts of the game but again it was the final third we lacked quality. I do agree with those saying Bridge stalls out attacking play, he feels a shadow of last seasons player regardless of the assists he has this season. Need him mixing it up and getting to the line and whipping it in, not always the same old cut back and jink. I do think we’ll be fine, we just need the new signings to bed in and we’ll be off. One goal, one win and the shackles will be off. They boys will need our support though, so if you’re the guy row J block U who kept shouting ‘boring’ through the game…. You’re helping no one pal !!

Don't want to see that midfield 3 again, I like them all as players but their games are too similar. Nobody breaking the lines today and York were very happy to let us play in front of them, no surprise that our best chance came from a CB pushing forward and giving us a rare overload/deep run.

Would have had Wes on at the hour mark, he at least offers the threat of getting on behind the defence and his link up play with Bridge is more developed than Noor,

Waldron well off the pace and bullied by their defenders.

Crowther impressive.

Feel for the strikers to some extent, we're a team that relies on crosses a lot but the ball was so slow to get into the box today, it's hard to attack it with momentum from that position.

Blegh.

Sandat or Wood should start in place of one of the 3 mini mahers to link the midfield and attack in the centre. I know Sandat gers a bit of stick but he's very good at dropping deep and laying the ball off and, albeit not an amazing goal threat, he has more goals his locker than the other 3 combined
Could work, give either wood or sandat free reign to attack at every possible opportunity with husin and miley mopping up when it doesnt work.

If we hadn't had 10 points deducted we would be a mid table team suffering a bad run of form.

Look at our goal difference. +11

Yet, some wise people on here have been posting for months that we were only 6 points from the relegation zone, then 5 points, 4 points, 3 and so on. They were always right to be looking down rather than up.

You start with a ten point deduction, fight back and then you lose a few games and of course you are suddenly in the ****. This was always likely to happen.

Players and staff don't get paid, then they do, then they get (rightly) rewarded with new contracts... Surprise, surprise there is a collective sigh of relief and a loss in form. That's also why the atmosphere in the stadium goes flat. We start dreaming about playoffs, fanzones and local breweries. And now, two homes defeats on the spin, no goals scored, new players struggling - panic sets in.

But look, these are all just other ways that not paying players, being under an embargo, not having running water or electricity, playing people when injured, have really bad (long term) consequences.

We are in the fight of our lives. Ron's legacy. Keep the ****ing faith

Last edited:
Obviously a disappointing result but more concerning is the lack of creativity.So very much one dimension constantly channelling down the left,sideways passing,no shots on goal.Bridge was poor all round today.Please Kev sort this out

Thought we played ok and should have converted one of 3 or 4 good chances. Agree about the tempo. It’s not just in midfield, Collin needed to go quick and long more often today.

Crowther was excellent (but should have scored)

We, in my opinion, have capable players that are currently not showing anything near their best. Even the basics are poor. Why do our crosses, set pieces and corners invariably go straight to the keeper? Why do we regularly under hit or over hit passes? Why do we do ten passes when two will do?

Today, yet again, we looked like schoolboys shoved off the ball, not unfairly, by players that use their physicality. We are so soft. Give me strength!!!!

One thing is for sure.

If we don’t pick up some points ( at least 3 ) from these next two games then 6500 home fans will become 5500, at best!

One very minor positive - Bridge cut inside once in the second half and tried to drive into the box from towards the centre and although it didn’t result in anything it was a refreshing change from the usual trying to beat his man four times.

Would like to see him do that more often, thought that’s exactly the kind of move we were missing!
Yes plus the one occasion Crowther burst forward into the box and we almost scored. It doesn’t happen enough.

It’s crazy to see how the ten points dedication has made a huge impact on our league place. 3 points away from play offs without it with our awful form. Regardless of that we are in a survival battle I think now. If we lose the games in hand and a few more after and the teams below win a few then the goal difference will be chopped up. I think we need to set up to not lose games now.

The least said about the performance today the better I think.
I think everything I wanted to say has been said already

Back