• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-1 York City

Too slow and ponderous.
Keep passing backwards when we have chance to break.
No threat up too.
No threat from midfield.
Miley/Morton both too deep so we struggle to win second balls higher up pitch.
If serious about going up next year, we need to sign proven players at this level or above, especially up top.
Need to avoid relegation first.

Crowther played well and Morton was busy.

Feels like after the sale was agreed and embargo lifted, it’s no longer us vs the world and everyone relaxed. Now we need to rekindle that spirit as we are in a relegation fight.

Crowther was the standout for me, looked calm and composed, unlucky not to score with a header and should have had the courage to shoot instead of try to find Cardwell.

Bizarre, now that everyone has contracts they can’t string two passes together. I know it’s going to take time to gel and get it right but times isn’t on our side and losing homes games is disasters ville.

Had to endure the radio again today and if looked as bad as it’s sounded we’ve got a big job on our hands to stay up.
If anything i think we string to many passes together, we should be more direct a times and stop fannying about with the ball.

The 10 point deduction was galvanising us previously but now it's an excuse for poor performances? I simply don't buy it.
Me neither. Maher talking so negatively and pondering on the past reflects how the team have played on the pitch recently.

We need a change of ideas next game, try something different that teams aren’t expecting. Ardley essentially called us predictable in his post match interview.

Feelgood factor has well and truly been crushed.
Really disappointed with Kev's comments on the radio - sounded very spikey and defensive and was barely being challenged by Nick.

Thought that was actually worse than the Gateshead performance. We've become unbearably predictable and ponderous on the ball. It was obvious that York were going to come to contain us and then take advantage of our soft underbelly to hit us on the break or from a set piece - called the 90th min goal a few mins before. Unmarked giant yet again - **** take.

Colin's distribution was crap.
Kensdale makes the same 5 yard run and sideways pass on literally every move.
Cardwell is a waste of space at the moment - looks a shadow of the player before the injury.
Waldron - will cut him slack as he clearly needs to get up to cruising altitude at this level but Paul Clarke called it - naive and weak, and a yard off the pace.

Really genuinely worried now.
The intensity and press has disappeared - seems like the siege mentality cultivated under the embargo and point deduction has disappeared, and dare I say it, too many of the players look to have taken their foot off the gas.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm concerned we will get sucked in to the abyss right now.

Feels like after the sale was agreed and embargo lifted, it’s no longer us vs the world and everyone relaxed. Now we need to rekindle that spirit as we are in a relegation fight.

Crowther was the standout for me, looked calm and composed, unlucky not to score with a header and should have had the courage to shoot instead of try to find Cardwell.

Same story when they got paid last season. I have faith Kev & Co will figure it out, I'd rather just not have to wait for the tail end of a 7 game losing streak for it all to click again though.

Back