• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-1 York City

Absolutely, kicking is atrocious at times and he is not great in other ways either….oh for a fit Steve Arnold to take all the pressure off.
Every single week except the Gateshead Pink Pratt I would take there keepers over Collin.
Any aspirations of winning the League next year and he would be the first to replace, he’s about a 5/10 overall keeper.
Management don't think so, he has been given a contract until 2026.

Couldn’t disagree more with the comments on recruitment being an issue with lower league players. Recruitment has been excellent in my opinion. Before the last 3 games I’ve not heard anyone moan that GSM, Kensdale and Cardwell were signed from the league below. I think it’s a mixture of the loss of the mentality and maybe other teams sussing us out a bit.

When the odds were stacked against us we had a real siege mentality which has relaxed a bit now. Understandable to an extent, but Kev needs to find a way of putting some fire back in their bellies. We also seem a bit one dimensional in our style with an over reliance on Bridge to be the creative outlet. If it’s not working, we don’t seem to have a plan B.

But we really don’t need to hit the panic button. Every team has these spells of poor form and results, but Kev will get this sorted. I still don’t think we’ll be anywhere close to the relegation zone by the end of the season.

Well the wheels have well and truly fallen off. We are a shadow of the team we were a month or so back.

Looking at our players and the additions we have made they all have the quality but seeming as a team we are rubbish atm.

What on earth has gone wrong apart from us being to predictable we cannot score for toffee.York defended well and took their chance when it mattered.

I did at no time this season think we would end up in a relegation struggle but we are heading downwards at an alarming scale.

Very disappointing day where we end up second best again!
Spot On ………unfortunately :Frustrated:

Players sign new 2 and half year contracts and the form dips!! Interesting !!
And the energy of the crowd dips also … when we had the Ron situation we( players /management/ supporters) had a ‘all in it together’ mentality . Since the ‘takeover’ everyone has relaxed .. not by much probably but in football it doesn’t take too much. The atmosphere in the ground has changed for sure it’s not just the team underperforming!!

And the energy of the crowd dips also … when we had the Ron situation we( players /management/ supporters) had a ‘all in it together’ mentality . Since the ‘takeover’ everyone has relaxed .. not by much probably but in football it doesn’t take too much. The atmosphere in the ground has changed for sure it’s not just the team underperforming!!
Couple of goals would soon change that.

Win lose or draw imo one of the worst things is coming to roots hall and we dont score in 90 mins

Teams are doing their homework and working out how to nullify our threat. Sadly we are not doing it as well as them. The last three games are Managers 3 - 0 Maher. Football is about flexible thinking and playing the team in front of you. We did well for parts of the season but that does not mean we shouldn't change things now. As yet I have seen very little evidence of a Plan B.

Don’t be so ridiculous .. some teams hardly get fans… players like gus should be taking a look in the mirror…. Using the atmosphere is an excuse no a reason

Management don't think so, he has been given a contract until 2026.
What many people seem to have forgotten (unsurprising as we have had 25 years of bad management) is that when players are on longer contracts that means that they are assets of the club. Which means that they dont waltz off on a free at the end of a 1 year contract, we can sell them on after a year and capitalise on their future successes.

And clearly, with everything that has gone on over the last couple of years, all the loyalty shown by our players has been rewarded for their sakes, but also with an eye to making changes where we need to. Just because they are on 2 1/2 year contracts doesnt necessarily mean that they will still be Southend players in a year's time!

This is particularly true for younger players and any that we have brought in from lower levels. The shrewdness of John Still finding raw talent and us developing those players will in time create sustainability. It is going to be a long road to reinstate the academy, and this is a very small step in enabling that investment to take place as well.

Finally, we have a group of leaders in the consortim who understand this. This is the first time in a long time that we have been able to do this properly. The investment by the consortium has allowed this to happen, and it is going to take a while for us to see the benefits.

Cannot believe some of the bilge being talked on here. Christ on a bike….
Was worried after yesterday that some would start coming for Collin and it didn’t take long. 20 years old in a position that takes years of experience to master. He’s raw and he’ll make mistakes. Amazing how quickly people forget all the clean sheets he kept during our spell of having the best defence in the league. Absolutely deserved his new contract and may not have had a good game yesterday, but I rate him highly.

Was worried after yesterday that some would start coming for Collin and it didn’t take long. 20 years old in a position that takes years of experience to master. He’s raw and he’ll make mistakes. Amazing how quickly people forget all the clean sheets he kept during our spell of having the best defence in the league. Absolutely deserved his new contract and may not have had a good game yesterday, but I rate him highly.
Totally right. The lad has done well, looks to have further progress in him, is young and I rate him. Collin makes mistakes, all keepers do, but he is a work in progress and one, without distractions, could become a very good keeper.

Back