• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the point of red-repping anyway?

Far more challenging sitting at the desk muttering "that's bollox" and then typing it and arguing in the public domain.
Better effect too if you can mug 'em off!

agreed,

i have lots of reds...................cannot think why

trouble being the vast majority have been sent by the same 2 or 3 posters.

to date i have not sent one single rep....................i dont know how.

As a member of the SZFC 'coward' clicque who has actually never neg repped anyone I would say to J come and see me at garrons park on sunday and see if Im a coward(as oppsosed to a keyboard warrior) will be happy to show otherwise, only joking of course........or am I? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Doesn't interest me one bit, i don't play for them. What does interest me is the arrogance of your team members.
Which team members in particular? That Scrounger & Shrimpersarmy are the ***** if you ask me.

all I know is the mods feel threatened by my support on here, they should not but they do FACT

I think the most important thing to remember is that on a forum such as Shrimperzone, and especially in The Pub you get to see the best and worst of people, because we only ever debate things that we're passionate about. If we're not bothered we don't post.

As an example, as you all know I am, for the most part, rather left wing, and on here that is all you see. However, I also have a few very close friends (we have known each other since nursery school), all of whom are staunch Tory, and simply wouldn't vote any other way. In our teenage years we debated nearly every time we saw each other, and myself and one other (who should join Alan McCormack on an anger management course) nearly came to blows just about every Saturday night. Now we're older (we're blokes so I hesitate to use the phrase "more mature") we know what winds each of us up, and very rarely get involved in these kind of discussions.

However, because they're my closest friends I get to see other sides of their personalities. They are all fantastic family men that work hard for the sole reason to provide for their families. They are also extremely loyal, and would do anything for a friend should the need arise.

I'm sure most people on here are the same, but because this is an internet forum we don't get a balanced view of each other's personality.

J, forgive me for using you as an example, but since you started this thread it does seem apt. I remember a friend of yours stating on here (probably a few years ago) that you're one of the nicest blokes around who would do anything for a friend, but the way you post on here makes you out to be a bit of a knob. I'm sure that is the case, not the knob bit, the decent bloke bit.

I just think it also highlights what I am trying to say, i.e. don't assume you know someone just because of the way they post on Shrimperzone. If you ever met the person your preconceptions may actually be proved wrong.

for me,

the old pals act appears to be used on here.

the other day i was informed that "banter" is ok and is indeed part of the "pub" scene.which seemed fair enough,yet i started a silly thread titles FAO and it was duly locked!!!!

this thread was harmless banter which i doubt caused any offence,yet the explanation given for locking it was "either pm or go on live thread" to me this smacks of double standards.

there you go.

for me,

the old pals act appears to be used on here.

the other day i was informed that "banter" is ok and is indeed part of the "pub" scene.which seemed fair enough,yet i started a silly thread titles FAO and it was duly locked!!!!

this thread was harmless banter which i doubt caused any offence,yet the explanation given for locking it was "either pm or go on live thread" to me this smacks of double standards.

there you go.

your one of 'Scotts People' so never fear squire I will take care of ya!

TB,

who is scott? i am just a loner mate.

nobody's a loner in my crew shipmate!

020926india-h.jpg

There'll always be people that others like / don't like. You can either choose to join in with these people or simply ignore them.

If people are worried about clicques, or taking sides, or thread hijacking, why don't they either no longer log on, or set up a new forum or website.

Wouldn't it be dull if we didn't have any differing views?

Well this is something which should clear things up, due to the fact there seems to be lots of arguements of right or wrong on here.

First of all the cliques -

Yes they all exist -

We have the wives club, where all they do is discuss their next meeting, which jumper to knit, or stick up for each other (even when they are ****ed off with each other) These lot can be found in the Live thread, which is ironic, as they never seem to live much, as they are on here

We also have the SZFC clique, think they are the Dog's bollox, love having a private forum, and attack people as groups, the typical cowards..

We have the Mods - Now, i think they run it well on here, but we all know, it's a case of " my ball, i take it when i want."

We have some people who are just ****ing annoying, Oldbluelady the prime example, gorgeous chocolate cake maker, but love, stop complaining about red, or i will make it my duty to make the SZFC clique, red you all day long.

we have the lefties (107.6% of the board) and the racists (supposedly)

we have the supporters of the club and everything is great, and we have the realists.

we have the smart (yorky blue * he's not for girls,as i think he is gay) ( matt the gimp) and many others, who all look the same, and are bloody clever.

We have the buffoons, who just like to make themself as loud as possible (and i love em)

Then we have Scott, an enigma unkown to everyone, but god damn, he is the best bloke on here for a curry and beer.

The threads are something of comedy -

we have the Not so live thread clique, hijacking everything with random sayings and pictures, we have great political threads which are hijacked by the rough diamond me, and then always the defeat from Einstein.

The Mods then get involved, and make sure, that if we don't conform, and hug terrorists, then we can have a life ban (from what? I tell you a ****ing website!!!)

We have the billy big bollox, who i would love to personally meet, with their threatening PM's sent to me, i would tear them up in front of them, and make sure i gave them a bloody good talking too!!

threads go 4 ways -

Hijacked by the Live thread lot,
Hijacked by right wingers,
hijacked by MK,
or there is a mass arguement with everyone throwing mud at each other..

it then has 3 results -
it gets closed,
it gets deleted,
or it runs..

2 scenarios come of it -
the posters get banned,
they don't get banned..

1 thing happens after.
the banned get unbanned,
the other posters complain

then we all start again with the above..

This is all a joke, this 'ere thread, and don't take it too seriously..

just like this ****ing website.

******s, the lot of you :) chin chin.

I think you will find that the lefties are actually 107.9% of the board. Please get your facts right or post a link....

;)

There'll always be people that others like / don't like. You can either choose to join in with these people or simply ignore them.

If people are worried about clicques, or taking sides, or thread hijacking, why don't they either no longer log on, or set up a new forum or website.

Wouldn't it be dull if we didn't have any differing views?

agreed,

would be even better fun if it was a level playing field and people respond .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back