• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you renew/buy a season card?

• Yes, I will renew

Votes: 84 59.2%
  • Yes, I am getting a new one

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • No, I am not renewing

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • No, I don't have one and won't next season

Votes: 33 23.2%
  • Only if we gain promotion

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Only if Brown leaves

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Bart/Abstain

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
Went this morning to buy for next season. Surprised there was a queue to the ticket office doors. 3 staff on duty. Pity that most people had not bothered to fill in the form before hand! This was causing the delay. Luckily I had remembered to do it before I went as once I got to the front it only took a short time to be served! If anyone is going on Monday (10 -3) remember to fill out form before !

Went this morning to buy for next season. Surprised there was a queue to the ticket office doors. 3 staff on duty. Pity that most people had not bothered to fill in the form before hand! This was causing the delay. Luckily I had remembered to do it before I went as once I got to the front it only took a short time to be served! If anyone is going on Monday (10 -3) remember to fill out form before !
That's if you got sent one unlike a few people i know that didn't.:thumbdown:

I'm not renewing mine or the other halfs - decided to have a break as I'm bored senseless of the turgid football on display most home games. Will no doubt make the odd appearance at the Hall and will probably do a few more away games than I have done of late-used to do them all but have been doing up a house for the last 18 months or so which has been more of a priority.

Am also going to take the opportunity to try and finish 'The 92'- as it stands I've done 78 of the current 92 so will try and finish that.

Interesting approach to getting bums on Roots Hall seats. Just phoned up to renew my season ticket to be told that they're not on sale now. No date for when they'll be sold again, nor how much they'll be. Apparently the club don't need my cash!

I knew I'd missed the early bird price (although in previous years this date seemed to be a guideline rather than a rule), but assumed I'd be able to pay a slightly higher price.

I'm interested to know when the finalised price for next season is going to be announced and tickets go back on sale. We might well not know what diviision we're going to be in until the 23rd of May. Are we really not going to be selling season tickets for the next 5 weeks or more?

Interesting approach to getting bums on Roots Hall seats. Just phoned up to renew my season ticket to be told that they're not on sale now. No date for when they'll be sold again, nor how much they'll be. Apparently the club don't need my cash!

I knew I'd missed the early bird price (although in previous years this date seemed to be a guideline rather than a rule), but assumed I'd be able to pay a slightly higher price.

I'm interested to know when the finalised price for next season is going to be announced and tickets go back on sale. We might well not know what diviision we're going to be in until the 23rd of May. Are we really not going to be selling season tickets for the next 5 weeks or more?
Club can afford to turn money down then.....now that's a first eh:'(

As I was away when the renewal window closed, I also tried to renew last week. However I was unable to. I was told it could be early June when season tickets are on sale. This will mean that the price will rise if promoted or stop the same if not. This is the first time to my knowledge the club has adopted this strict rule. However I do not approve of this tactic as a long time loyal supporter. I don't suppose Mr Martin gives a damm

As I was away when the renewal window closed, I also tried to renew last week. However I was unable to. I was told it could be early June when season tickets are on sale. This will mean that the price will rise if promoted or stop the same if not. This is the first time to my knowledge the club has adopted this strict rule. However I do not approve of this tactic as a long time loyal supporter. I don't suppose Mr Martin gives a damm

I don't think that will be the case. I am pretty sure it will go up regardless if you missed the early bird offers but I would suggest, at this stage, that they are now waiting to see which division we will be in, which I don't think you can really blame them for.

I don't think that will be the case. I am pretty sure it will go up regardless if you missed the early bird offers but I would suggest, at this stage, that they are now waiting to see which division we will be in, which I don't think you can really blame them for.

how much more do the club imagine they can justify raising prices by just because we could be in division 3 instead of division 4? Enough to warrant taking season tickets off sale for up to 6 weeks? You know, 6 weeks might just be long enough to convince me not to bother. Even at current prices, the business case for buying a season card isn't exactly watertight.

Sorry what early bird price - have I completely missed something here?? I knew the prices have gone up but don't recall seeing anything about cut off dates! I am going to renew my tickets but as no incentive to do so early thought I'd hang on to my cash for a bit. Any help on this please

Sorry what early bird price - have I completely missed something here?? I knew the prices have gone up but don't recall seeing anything about cut off dates! I am going to renew my tickets but as no incentive to do so early thought I'd hang on to my cash for a bit. Any help on this please

Cut off point for the original price was 6th April.

I was told when I renewed my ticket that they will be updating the cards this year rather than issuing new ones

the club have been doing the " buy early for a certain price" type of offer for many years now.
recently they have extended the deadline date, largely because the need for cash has been paramount.
Given the chance of a price increase based on playing in a higher division , this year they have stuck to the originally advertised date.
in previous years there has been complaints from those who paid early , for the discount, only to find that it had been extended by several weeks, it seems the club struggles to win on this one.....

the club have been doing the " buy early for a certain price" type of offer for many years now.
recently they have extended the deadline date, largely because the need for cash has been paramount.
Given the chance of a price increase based on playing in a higher division , this year they have stuck to the originally advertised date.
in previous years there has been complaints from those who paid early , for the discount, only to find that it had been extended by several weeks, it seems the club struggles to win on this one.....

I just want to renew my season tickets! Currently, not only can I not renew, but the club won't tell me when I will be able to renew nor how much tickets will be. In any case, prices have already risen by about 6%, how much more do the club think they can get away with for Division 3 football?

I just want to renew my season tickets! Currently, not only can I not renew, but the club won't tell me when I will be able to renew nor how much tickets will be. In any case, prices have already risen by about 6%, how much more do the club think they can get away with for Division 3 football?

Yeah its a bit odd that Southend won't be selling season tickets until June. Dread to think how much on the day prices will be next season if we go up maybe near £25 for an Adult?

Yeah its a bit odd that Southend won't be selling season tickets until June. Dread to think how much on the day prices will be next season if we go up maybe near £25 for an Adult?
If tickets go to £25 even if we are in league one then they can expect to lose 1000 fans for sure, I won't pay £25 a game

I'm sure Swindon away was £26 a couple of years back!
For a division 4 game, ridiculous!

Me and my dad have been talking about this for ages too. Southend seem to think that being a league one club will attract like an extra 1000 people that will buy a season ticket. Really?

Is league one really that more glamorous for the current non-season ticket holders to flock to the box office and get one. They will get the same amount of season tickets as this year and they will get an increase of on the day match tickets against the best teams.

Depending on how we are doing come January, you might get a few hundred people buy a half season ticket.

(This is obviously based on the big IF of us going up)

If tickets go to £25 even if we are in league one then they can expect to lose 1000 fans for sure, I won't pay £25 a game

No thinking about it £25 is nearly a 20% increase so maybe a near 10% increase would put the price up to £23.

They have got to be careful as although we have a fairly healthy home average we don't seem to have attracted many more supporters this season. Home support in our crowds has fluctuated between 5,000 and 6,500

No thinking about it £25 is nearly a 20% increase so maybe a near 10% increase would put the price up to £23.

They have got to be careful as although we have a fairly healthy home average we don't seem to have attracted many more supporters this season. Home support in our crowds has fluctuated between 5,000 and 6,500
well I wouldn't pay no more than £22 for a home game in league one or two, end of.

Back