• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you renew/buy a season card?

• Yes, I will renew

Votes: 84 59.2%
  • Yes, I am getting a new one

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • No, I am not renewing

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • No, I don't have one and won't next season

Votes: 33 23.2%
  • Only if we gain promotion

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Only if Brown leaves

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Bart/Abstain

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
Let us see what impact the Hamster's move to the OS has on us and others in the so-called 'catchment' - when they start charging £100 for an U16 season ticket and offering on-the-day walk ups for £30, then we can see how our season and matchday ticket prices hold up...

Heard on the Today programe this morning that they are charging £289 for a season ticket (probably up in the gods) so it may be an idea if those who are not happy with the increase at RH to sod off there.

Heard on the Today programe this morning that they are charging £289 for a season ticket (probably up in the gods) so it may be an idea if those who are not happy with the increase at RH to sod off there.

They can do this, and so could every other premiershi* club, thanks to the 5bn they have been given!!

Would be nice if they shared it out a bit more, but at least with this move it takes more away from, what are already, overpaid premiershi* footballers

Change from last season in brackets.

Prices for a 2015-16 Season Card are below:

ADULTS - £370 (+£20)
SENIORS - £235 (+£15)
DISABLED - £235 (+£15)
STUDENT - £220 (+£10)
17-20 YEARS - £220 (+£10)
9-16 YEARS - £80 (+£5)
UNDER-8’s - £23 (no change)

FAMILY & SOUTH LOWER STANDS:

FAMILY (1 ADULT, 1 CHILD) - £370 (+£20)
EXTRA ADULT - £310(+£20)
EXTRA CHILD - £60 (no change)
EXTRA FAMILY UNDER-8’s –£23 (no change)

Read more at http://www.southendunited.co.uk/new...thend-united-2269529.aspx#Epp5MqYlXbDrfAoX.99

Note: These prices are available to new and existing season card holders until 5pm on 6th April.

So why won't they sell me one? I went to the ticket office today to buy one and was told they are not selling them until after the play off final. As they have already announced the prices whats the problem.
I might not bother now!

So why won't they sell me one? I went to the ticket office today to buy one and was told they are not selling them until after the play off final. As they have already announced the prices whats the problem.
I might not bother now!

The deadline was Monday 6th April at those prices.

I'm guessing they will wait until the result of the play off final, if we go up then the prices will probably increase too.

I might not bother now!

As per the last line those were the prices until the 6th April.
They are waiting to see what Division we will be in as price increase will be different.

Beaten to it by Chapperzzzz

I have decided not to renew after having a seaso for over 25yrs. I really can not abide the thought of watching boring Brown Goal drought, dross anymore.
I used to look forward to Saturday's at Roots Hall but this season has been awful and tedious. My son is not renewing either, he is tempted to watch the spammers instead - Premier League footy for less money! He has been a Southend fan since I first took him at 4 years of age, he is now 33yrs and has had enough too!
I will never stop loving the Shrimpers, but enough is enough now!
UTB

I have decided not to renew after having a seaso for over 25yrs. I really can not abide the thought of watching boring Brown Goal drought, dross anymore.
I used to look forward to Saturday's at Roots Hall but this season has been awful and tedious. My son is not renewing either, he is tempted to watch the spammers instead - Premier League footy for less money! He has been a Southend fan since I first took him at 4 years of age, he is now 33yrs and has had enough too!
UTB

Are you going Saturday?

UTB

I know he is 33 , but you have to either talk him out of this ridiculous idea or put him up for adoption.

UTB

Crikey, that's a shame.

I could understand it if it was for the price alone but not because of the goal draught football, we've played pretty well this season in my opinion and play the ball nicely on the floor (better than Sturrocks hoof ball anyway)

Good luck to you but personally I could never go and watch West Ham, even if the tickets were £5 a game.

UTB

Does he realise that West Ham's goal record is pretty much the same as ours ? (1.18 goals a game compared to 1.17).

UTB

Good luck to him if he wants to watch football in a stadium that was built for anything but football!

UTB

Did he go Thursday - did that not (to an extent) make up for the rest. I am resigned to it being 'crap' on a regular basis, but that is what makes the 'good' days so good.

UTB
Because West ham play amazing football don't they :nope: Don't understand how any long term Southend fan could give up Southend for West Ham. Also i've never understood the attraction of following a side who finish mid table every season with a relegation battle being the most exciting thing that will ever happen. West Ham haven't scored more than once at home since the 18th of January, doesn't sound very tempting to me.

Does he realise that West Ham's goal record is pretty much the same as ours ? (1.18 goals a game compared to 1.17).

If Bielsa gets the job, as reported in sections of the press today, West Ham will certainly be watchable next season.

Because West ham play amazing football don't they :nope: Don't understand how any long term Southend fan could give up Southend for West Ham. Also i've never understood the attraction of following a side who finish mid table every season with a relegation battle being the most exciting thing that will ever happen. West Ham haven't scored more than once at home since the 18th of January, doesn't sound very tempting to me.

Indeed, and we finished with 84 points, just missing out on the autos on the last day, had a stonking play off semi final experience, with a Wembley final in 5 days time.

Not sure that is the time to be throwing the season ticket on the pitch and going to watch another team :smile:

The Premier League is dead, locked out by a handful of teams who fill their stadiums with Asian and American tourists. Good luck to them, they can buy all the merchandise they want but will never know what it feels like when McLaughlin scored that header, or when Reeves got that goal 2 years ago.

When you consider how many goals we score at home our prices are dear, ok we never lost many games at home but drew a fair few and I only missed around 5 league games this season, I would only consider getting a season ticket again if we were in league one.

Back