• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Will you renew/buy a season card?

• Yes, I will renew

Votes: 84 59.2%
  • Yes, I am getting a new one

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • No, I am not renewing

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • No, I don't have one and won't next season

Votes: 33 23.2%
  • Only if we gain promotion

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Only if Brown leaves

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Bart/Abstain

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
"Still think you are getting value for money? We are all being rinsed in this country and make no mistake"

Don't pay it then! It's not a difficult concept.

"Still think you are getting value for money? We are all being rinsed in this country and make no mistake"

Don't pay it then! It's not a difficult concept.

You're right, it isn't a difficult concept, that's why I don't pay it.

We are complaining about a £20 rise after the price has been frozen for four seasons now? This seems very reasonable to me and hardly excessive. To be honest, I would have thought the powers that be would have waited to see if we go up to L1 then hike the season/match day tickets accordingly then.

i am far from well off but more than happy to pay the £20 extra required for my season ticket to support my club next year.

We are complaining about a £20 rise after the price has been frozen for four seasons now? This seems very reasonable to me and hardly excessive. To be honest, I would have thought the powers that be would have waited to see if we go up to L1 then hike the season/match day tickets accordingly then.

i am far from well off but more than happy to pay the £20 extra required for my season ticket to support my club next year.

It's five. I really am surprised about the reaction of some on here. It was absolutely bound to go up this year.

The ST pricing has been a rip off for years now. Although I think Southend is fairly reasonable,when you compare Premier League prices with the top teams in Europe you soon realise we as fans are being seriously mugged off. Lets take the five biggest clubs in England and compare them with the biggest in Europe. These are the cheapest tickets I could find.

Arsenal - 1014
Chelsea - 595
Liverpool - 710
Man City - 299
Man United - 532

Granted, Man City is very cheap but I bet you live nearer to the pitch than your seat does.

Here's Spain

Barcelona - 172.23
Athletico Madrid - 257.61
Real Madrid - 177
Valencia - 191.96

Germany

Bayern Munich - 67 [yes 67 quid]
Dortmund - 303
Schalke - 303
Hamburg - 230

Italy

Juventus - 291
Lazio - 183
Inter Milan - 332
Roma - 150

Still think you are getting value for money? We are all being rinsed in this country and make no mistake, if Southend ever get on the gravy train then those who have backed them through thick and thin will be left on the platform if their pockets aren't deep enough.

What is the cost of living in these countries though. You also need to compare that against the UK cost of living to get a better perspective

So do you go to home matches and if so do you go to all of them? If you do, then it's costing you a hell of a lot more than buying a season ticket

I don't buy a season ticket because I have to miss quite a few home matches due to work commitments. But I know what you mean.

There is plenty of reason to query our prices against Europe, the difference is staggering.

Id make the same point I made earlier, though, what happens if Arsenal/Spurs/West Ham reduce their season tickets to £150 and we still have to charge £400 because we dont get the same income.

European leagues dont have the same depth in their pyramid as we do.

Be careful what you wish for...

The ST pricing has been a rip off for years now. Although I think Southend is fairly reasonable,when you compare Premier League prices with the top teams in Europe you soon realise we as fans are being seriously mugged off. Lets take the five biggest clubs in England and compare them with the biggest in Europe. These are the cheapest tickets I could find.

Arsenal - 1014
Chelsea - 595
Liverpool - 710
Man City - 299
Man United - 532

Juventus - 291
Lazio - 183
Inter Milan - 332
Roma - 150

Still think you are getting value for money? We are all being rinsed in this country and make no mistake, if Southend ever get on the gravy train then those who have backed them through thick and thin will be left on the platform if their pockets aren't deep enough.

You are not comparing like for like here.

The Italian grounds, many of which I know quite well, offer very low grade accommodation at cheap prices. The often distant "curvas" are the cheapest with poor views and poor facilities.

To get a seat anything like those offered at the Emirates in Italy, you'd be paying 80 to 100 Euros per match.

Also the Arsenal price includes up to 7 cup ties.

There is plenty of reason to query our prices against Europe, the difference is staggering.

Id make the same point I made earlier, though, what happens if Arsenal/Spurs/West Ham reduce their season tickets to £150 and we still have to charge £400 because we dont get the same income.

European leagues dont have the same depth in their pyramid as we do.

Be careful what you wish for...

Clubs in this country see fans as cash cows especially the bigger clubs,the only way the cost will ever reduce is when the fans stop paying over the top pricing.

Clubs in this country see fans as cash cows especially the bigger clubs,the only way the cost will ever reduce is when the fans stop paying over the top pricing.

At the top level indeed.

Yet if the top clubs chose to reduce season tickets to £150 we wouldnt be able to so that would be a massive issue at lower league levels, levels other countries dont even have.

I don't think the rise is unreasonable. But when we have consistently been up amongst the highest priced over the last 5 years, the little nugget of "we haven't increased them for 5 years" doesn't carry as much weight.

I don't think the rise is unreasonable. But when we have consistently been up amongst the highest priced over the last 5 years, the little nugget of "we haven't increased them for 5 years" doesn't carry as much weight.

Check my stats above, we arent amongst the highest prices, we are competitive.

There are cheaper tickets to be had, but there are plenty of others charging £400.

either way everyone is getting mugged off, its too much money for league two football. The standard is awful and the grounds terrible.

Unfortunately clubs have to charge what they do to pay the bills, and most run at a lost even with prices as they are.

The irony is the bigger clubs who have more income so they dont have to charge more, still do.

things go up apart from most people's wages .that's the way it is in the uk at the mo.

it's crap, but what can you do, please vote in the next g election

The irony is the bigger clubs who have more income so they dont have to charge more, still do.

The bigger clubs with more income also have more expenditure.

You've got to have structure; you can't have teams charging more, the worse they are!

I don't mind the increase IF the football is enjoyable to watch!!! But this season the football is atrocious. A few STH I know don't even go as they do not enjoy watching crap!! I say bring back the away season ticket.

It's 50/50 whether I renew this year, might just wait to see which league we are in next year! and just PAYG.

I even bought my son a ST this year for thr first time as he says it's boring and does not want to go, so I blame the manager and his team as I'm sure a lot of mums & dads are trying to get their children to follow SUFC rather then the premiership teams!!

Back