• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gather the access has not been thought through and is an absolute nightmare. Kimura were very worried about this and were concerned that five years down the line they'd have to pay out for a new access road/roundabout.
What the City really needs (purely from a traffic perspective - though clearly there would be a lot of concerns too) is a bypass from somewhere near the A127 / A130 junction heading round Rayleigh, the airport etc and coming to the East side of the City. That could do with a park and ride scheme for tourists and day trippers to use too.

Then the City would be less traffic congested throughout, the East of the City wouldn’t be a development wilderness, silly schemes like Seaway wouldn’t be needed and existing seafront parking could be prioritised for locals, Fossetts would be accessible - and with less cars coming into the City the air quality would be better.

Sadly this won’t happen until transport policy / strategy and (critically) cash/political will come together to deliver it. Currently that’s Essex plus Southend plus Rochford plus Castle Point plus Basildon plus Uncle Tom Cobbleigh and all that would need to come together. That doesn’t feel extremely likely though does it?

Thank you Justin for the update. Much appreciated by all supporters, I’m sure.
Regarding Fossetts Farm: the decision to remain at Roots Hall frees up land at FF, that was to site the new stadium, for further significant housing development, thus compensating for the loss of property development on the RH site. The council, in giving “their full support “ appear to be satisfied with this.
Mr Martin ought to be satisfied, indeed pleased, with this too since it means he no longer has the significant problem of finding the finance for the new stadium build. It is both shrewd and fair that the consortium should ask Mr Martin to contribute funds back towards a RH upgrade since he will be saving huge amounts of money in finance costs no longer required for the new build. It is probable that Martin does not see it that way, however, and I suspect that this is a sticking point.
It is dispiriting that Martin has rejected two bids from the consortium this week, but without knowing the details of the bids, we cannot judge if he was reasonable in doing so. Almost certainly not.
With little chance of a deal being completed by 4th October (my birthday) administration looks likely, meaning a further points deduction and a massive loss to the creditors.

What the City really needs (purely from a traffic perspective - though clearly there would be a lot of concerns too) is a bypass from somewhere near the A127 / A130 junction heading round Rayleigh, the airport etc and coming to the East side of the City. That could do with a park and ride scheme for tourists and day trippers to use too.

Then the City would be less traffic congested throughout, the East of the City wouldn’t be a development wilderness, silly schemes like Seaway wouldn’t be needed and existing seafront parking could be prioritised for locals, Fossetts would be accessible - and with less cars coming into the City the air quality would be better.

Sadly this won’t happen until transport policy / strategy and (critically) cash/political will come together to deliver it. Currently that’s Essex plus Southend plus Rochford plus Castle Point plus Basildon plus Uncle Tom Cobbleigh and all that would need to come together. That doesn’t feel extremely likely though does it?
The City could compulsory purchase some land for £1 to the north of the city to site the park and ride. Would be a nice touch if the land was Rons and he got paid peanuts for it.

The money needed to reverse the neglect at Roots Hall and then turn it into a facility that generates decent revenue for the club outside of match days (which is what any prospective new owner's business model will be built on) will cost far and beyond what RM is asking for to sell the club at the moment.

And RM needs money up front so that's probably a red line for him.

Cheers that makes sense.

As unrealistic as it is I would love for them to release the exact offer they last made so Ron can't claim the bid was bad. I can just see it now. "They didn't meet the asking price for Roots Hall and then wanted me to pay to redevelop it too"

It seems that way. I do wonder why they would be looking for later return of funds rather than a reduction in asking price? I've not seen anything like that in a property or business sale before.
Perhaps structuring it this way gives RM some short term liquidity (which he seems desperately short of) to get him going again at Fossets with a pay back down the line when that project is bringing in cash rather than it all going out ?

With no new stadium now proposed at FF, access to the housing on the development is no longer of concern to SUFC. However that does not mean that you are wrong.

JR says

'Administration impacts the Club significantly, on and off the pitch, as well as its numerous creditors who have supported the Club financially for many years.
As such, it has been our strong preference to avoid Administration, however this is of course not within our control.'

If, as a result of administration, the club remains under embargo and is docked another 10 points or more, they may feel the cost of turning the club around becomes too onerous and walk away

Unleash utter hell! we're going to need more rats and tennis balls...
I think that's been done now at the Hall. It's made a point and been good. But it's not really inconvenienced him. He's not even at the games. The National League will only allow games to be held up, up to a point, before issuing fines to the club. The thing that really gets his attention is the protests at his house. That puts the pressure on him. He's got to deal with his neighbours, who must be furious. You can see it getting to him by the way he pushed the supporters out of the way with his car.

You know they can’t just CPO land and say it’s worth a £1 that’s now how it works
It does if you the seller physically trapped, and offered the choice of agreeing, or being made to binge watch a marathon back to back screening of every episode of Big Brother ever produced, on pain of a visit from Rentokil.

This was one of many happy scenarios in my dreams last night, involving scenes or horror and devastation to small fetid furry sewer dwellers like Ron.

What a clear and concise statement from the JR consortium. Thank you for that guy’s.
Ron can’t keep us in the dark with constant bull**** and lies.
🐀 accept the offer if you ‘ love this f-cking club’ . Which I seriously doubt, the only thing you really love is 💰.

You'll notice from the statement that JR mentions Tony Cox. So he has been in dialogue with the council. That may or may not be a clue as to how the new Administration feels about RM and the Fossetts Farm project as it stands.
Been in dialogue with a Councillor that is a whole different matter.

Reactions: Jai
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back