• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
JR says

'Administration impacts the Club significantly, on and off the pitch, as well as its numerous creditors who have supported the Club financially for many years.
As such, it has been our strong preference to avoid Administration, however this is of course not within our control.'

If, as a result of administration, the club remains under embargo and is docked another 10 points or more, they may feel the cost of turning the club around becomes too onerous and walk away

I'm not sure that they would. There are some very poor teams in the NL this year. Even with another 10 point reduction I think we could avoid relegation. It could be more than 10 points though.....

is there a chance that the Council could provide a short term loan to clear the debt to prevent the WUP. Dont know how this would impact the deal going forward but hasnt such an idea been mentioned previously and wasnt it this that was discussed in the council meeting a few weeks ago. Would the Court accept from the trust/council or would Ron have to accept? Surely this would prevent the chance of Admin and or WUP. Sorry not a legal or finance man but thought this had previously been mentioned

Alternatively I read ......that the consortiums 'preferred' choice wouldnt be administration
Possibly inferring it's not a showstopper. Just preferable to dealing with the purchase post administration.

Really interesting statement. Not at all a tribute to the late Colin Murphy.

Intrigued by how this consortium came about (particularly JR’s involvement) but encouraged by what seems a collaborative approach.

As others have picked up this does seem to centre around what contribution RM will make from his development project. Far from being rid of the rat, our future seems closely tied.

Which training ground do they refer to? The existing Boots and Laces or the £2m training pitches with no facilities? If B&L I can’t imagine Ron will be chuffed at spending all that on the new training pitches.

What will happen is that Ron will release a statement that is equally well-worded but everyone will say it isn't and that Ron's statement is full of lies (and to be fair history is not on his side).

We all get excited over the must-be truth of Justin's statement but the only truth is that no-one really knows who is telling the truth and who's lying, not even those claiming to be ITK.

We just have to wait for this to reach its natural end, be it one way or the other, and for all fans, myself included, this realisation is highly frustrating and emotionally draining.

What will happen is that Ron will release a statement that is equally well-worded but everyone will say it isn't and that Ron's statement is full of lies (and to be fair history is not on his side).

We all get excited over the must-be truth of Justin's statement but the only truth is that no-one really knows who is telling the truth and who's lying, not even those claiming to be ITK.

We just have to wait for this to reach its natural end, be it one way or the other, and for all fans, myself included, this realisation is highly frustrating and emotionally draining.
I think i know who to believe. Not sure Justin, The Trust or others mentioned in the statement including MPs/Councillors have anything to gain from lying. Ron on the other hand ......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back