• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok … sorry to say it folks as of today there is no Australian with a current deal there to be agreed and there is no single fella from Oz who has the funds or the investors waiting to buy the club .. we will not be brought by the next court date and RON has no means to pay and WILL NOT be paying before any court date … it’s the council or bus as of today, however via the latest tweet that councillor Tony cox will not be providing financial support for Southend United then we simply are ****ing doomed
Is this True? @Medway Blue @CRATE

Have I missed something? How have you decided she is the one lying?
Of course I don’t know she is telling the truth or not, but clearly what she says and what Tony Cox says do not seem consistent.It looks like someone is trying to upset the apple-cart at the most delicate time in these negotiations. It is little wonder people are getting frustrated at this time, and I include myself in this.
We should ALL be fighting on a unified front at the moment, and politics Should be an irrelevance.

It makes me wonder what RM stands to gain if we are wound up. Does he just file an amendment to the planning permission, basically no stadium and more flats and houses instead, as there is no club to play in it? He makes more money as ther is no costly stadium to be built. That has been my concern all along.

Ron Martin will never get the opportunity to bulldoze roots hall and build flats.

The backlash from the town/city against him would be incredible. And massive pressure on the council and local MPs.

Reactions: TJC
Absolutely!
The local authority have tens of millions in reserve.
If they do not support the club.
Many people could lose there Lively hood.
Resulting in less revenue. Mortgages not payed. Lay off money payed from businesses. Unemployment benefits increase.
Even if there are many overpaid unemployable employees suposidly running our City. I do not believe that they are so stupid that they will go against common science.
😡 Deeply frustrating that the leader of Southend Council, Cllr Tony Cox, is emailing saying that no financial support will be given to SUFC/ Roots Hall as a result of the ‘Labour’ motion as he’s now calling it… he’s going against the decision of the whole council!!

Ron Martin will never get the opportunity to bulldoze roots hall and build flats.

The backlash from the town/city against him would be incredible. And massive pressure on the council and local MPs.
I thought Southend council was desperate for roots hall for building affordable housing

Reactions: jnl
Ok … sorry to say it folks as of today there is no Australian with a current deal there to be agreed and there is no single fella from Oz who has the funds or the investors waiting to buy the club .. we will not be brought by the next court date and RON has no means to pay and WILL NOT be paying before any court date … it’s the council or bus as of today, however via the latest tweet that councillor Tony cox will not be providing financial support for Southend United then we simply are ****ing doomed
You say this with so much confidence. Who told you? Justin?

This Ron/ selling saga is now getting a lot of us badly down. I personally have had more than a gut full of it.
Ron’s never going to wake up and smell the coffee. I thought from what information we gleaned from the Kimura offer Ron could have exited the club with a tidy profit. But how much money is enough?
I never will forgive you for what you are doing to our beloved club and the torment that you have inflicted upon the loyal family of supporters.
Ron Martin, all you do is **** off potential buyers with your insane demands and unrealistic dreams.

Nobody has pulled out, as things stand.

I don't believe we're dead in the water, either.

Latest I heard, 2 days ago, was that a deal was being worked on and progress being made, albeit slowly. It's complicated though, as we all know. JR still aiming to have something done by 4th Oct. How confident of that he is, I couldn't say, but he's trying.

I believe that him struggling to get additional backing is old news and that he will go with what he has if he needs to. He's realistic. RM needs to be too, if the current funding on offer is even an issue for him. There just won't be widespread interest in providing funds until the club and its finances have been stabilised in the immediate/short term, and until a more solid idea of the direction of travel regarding RH/FF (and therefore something tangible for most investors to invest in) becomes clear.

Until then, it's a mess and I hope that everybody involved realises that funding in place/on offer now is very likely sufficient and that the potential for more is there in the medium term if a good job is done in the short term on clearing up the mess.

It doesn't have to be all at once.

We'd all like to think so, but would it?. IF we folded, then for several weeks there would be some 'sinister antics' targeted on him & possibly his home, which would no doubt have increased security in place.
As for the council & M.P's, alas the voting public have short memories as the weeks fly by. They'd be some uncomfortable moments & possibly direct confrontations with some of them, but long term would it do them any damage politically?.
2 weeks ago, JR was seen at the Bromley game, in tandem with TL, AF & JD, so discussions must have been developing by that stage?.
I honestly haven't a clue what's going on behind the scenes, but after the 'false dawns' in the last few weeks, it seems to me there's more to this whole scenario that meets the eye?.
And that is simply down to one devious, greedy, thick skulled person?.

Nobody has pulled out, as things stand.

I don't believe we're dead in the water, either.

Latest I heard, 2 days ago, was that a deal was being worked on and progress being made, albeit slowly. It's complicated though, as we all know. JR still aiming to have something done by 4th Oct. How confident of that he is, I couldn't say, but he's trying.

I believe that him struggling to get additional backing is old news and that he will go with what he has if he needs to. He's realistic. RM needs to be too, if the current funding on offer is even an issue for him. There just won't be widespread interest in providing funds until the club and its finances have been stabilised in the immediate/short term, and until a more solid idea of the direction of travel regarding RH/FF (and therefore something tangible for most investors to invest in) becomes clear.

Until then, it's a mess and I hope that everybody involved realises that funding in place/on offer now is very likely sufficient and that the potential for more is there in the medium term if a good job is done in the short term on clearing up the mess.

It doesn't have to be all at once.
Do you believe Rees' efforts are in conjunction with the council and ST? Do you know if those conversations have taken place with Rees, the council and ST as a way forward?

even if cox says there is no money for our club .Wgho is he It was put to a vote and i saw all councilers were in favour of giving the trust a loan .At thuis present time if a loan help clear the clubs debts That is at present all that is needed . Clear the tax get the embargo lifted .The the club can take thing on from there .But getting rid of Ron is the next priority .Safty first is number one .

Do you believe Rees' efforts are in conjunction with the council and ST? Do you know if those conversations have taken place with Rees, the council and ST as a way forward?
"In conjunction" is a bit strong at the moment, but I'm confident that everybody who you as a fan would want to be in contact with each other regularly, is. That doesn't guarantee success of course, but people are trying hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back