• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
My source has been spot on throughout.
Also look at the evidence, no deal done.
Trust/firth asking government for special funding, this doesn't exactly smack of successful takeover imminent.
Ron literally doesn't care.
He'd take the winding up.
He was only too happy to take 10 points off.
I'd urge all those boycotting to get to the hall this month. Say goodbye.
I agree that it all looks bleak. However, why enter us into the league at all if he wanted us wound up? Why pay any wages, particularly this month's, if he wanted us wound up. He could have saved a lot of money and just wound us up in the summer or during any of the commencing months thereafter. It makes no sense to just wind us up in October after all of that.

As bad as it looks I agree, I can't see us being wound up, Ron will somehow pay it if there's no sale. Another 10 points off I suppose but that's probably why he's appealing it, if he was to win then he can continue to kick the can down the road as long as he wants.

It’s been mentioned previously that the deal doesn’t necessarily have to go through before the court case.

I was told that JR won’t allow the club to die, and if it should come down to it, he will stump us the cash to ensure we survive.

Hopefully, he stays true to his word.

I am not ITK on this anymore, but what worries me is that if the JR sale looks so promising, why are the Trust seeking access to the Community Ownership Grant?

I am not ITK on this anymore, but what worries me is that if the JR sale looks so promising, why are the Trust seeking access to the Community Ownership Grant?
Hedging their bets

I like that the trust are being proactive

The levels of influence they are dealing with could and hopefully will make sure Ron’s life will become very difficult.

I hope the @Shrimperstrust keep the momentum going

But has to be agreed surely. And by agreement I’d like to think the court want to see signatures on legal papers, but they’ve accepted far less previously.

I’ve edited my post for more clarity.

No, I don’t think anything has to be agreed for the courts to dismiss the petition. All they want is the debts cleared, they aren’t interested in the club or who runs it.

Now, whether JR and RM can agree on who’s paying what before hand, is another matter. I’d hazard a guess - and it is just a guess - that JR has the capabilities of paying it off himself (now) but is looking for additional investors to help lighten the load.

Obviously wherever Ron is involved you can never be sure of anything, but as I said above, if JR is a man of his word, (and the early signs seems promising) then we should be ok.

My source has been spot on throughout.
Also look at the evidence, no deal done.
Trust/firth asking government for special funding, this doesn't exactly smack of successful takeover imminent.
Ron literally doesn't care.
He'd take the winding up.
He was only too happy to take 10 points off.
I'd urge all those boycotting to get to the hall this month. Say goodbye.
The council have been really silent too. Seeing that FF and the housing they need were linked you think they would have more input.You would hope if the club dies that every obstacle would be put to delay his pot of gold till he is 6 foot under as a payback. Unfortunately little Jack the rat is in line to reap the benefits of the death of our club

As bad as it looks I agree, I can't see us being wound up, Ron will somehow pay it if there's no sale. Another 10 points off I suppose but that's probably why he's appealing it, if he was to win then he can continue to kick the can down the road as long as he wants.
I reckon the league would kick us out on grounds of integrity. They could of done this already. The -10 is the warning shot and now it appears we want to p**** them off more.

It’s been mentioned previously that the deal doesn’t necessarily have to go through before the court case.

I was told that JR won’t allow the club to die, and if should it come down to it, he will stump us the cash to ensure we survive.

Hopefully, he stays true to his word.
Well meaning but I'm not sure anyone can make that commitment when dealing with RM. There must be a level of catastrophe lying around in the background for a deal not to have been done already. For anyone looking for a turnaround opportunity for a football club we must be a prime pick and there has been no shortage of interest, but still no deal done or in sight. There is a mammoth size skeleton somewhere.

The council have been really silent too. Seeing that FF and the housing they need were linked you think they would have more input.You would hope if the club dies that every obstacle would be put to delay his pot of gold till he is 6 foot under as a payback. Unfortunately little Jack the rat is in line to reap the benefits of the death of our club
Isn't the council meeting this week to discuss the club?

Well meaning but I'm not sure anyone can make that commitment when dealing with RM.

100% in agreement with that.

There must be a level of catastrophe lying around in the background for a deal not to have been done already. For anyone looking for a turnaround opportunity for a football club we must be a prime pick and there has been no shortage of interest, but still no deal done or in sight. There is a mammoth size skeleton somewhere.

All I can suggest is, the mammoth sized skeleton needs to emerge sooner rather than later, because the club has now been within a whisker of being wound up on two separate occasions, and there’s still not so much as a tusk in sight.

I’ve edited my post for more clarity.

No, I don’t think anything has to be agreed for the courts to dismiss the petition. All they want is the debts cleared, they aren’t interested in the club or who runs it.

Now, whether JR and RM can agree on who’s paying what before hand, is another matter. I’d hazard a guess - and it is just a guess - that JR has the capabilities of paying it off himself (now) but is looking for additional investors to help lighten the load.

Obviously wherever Ron is involved you can never be sure of anything, but as I said above, if JR is a man of his word, (and the early signs seems promising) then we should be ok.
Agreed on your post. I should have been more clear on mine, I was talking if we were to seek another short adjournment, nothing less than legally binding contracts would do surely?

There's nothing the council can actually do. What input are you expecting them to have? The council could change again next May anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back