• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the course of RM’s tenure, I’d hazard a conservative guess of close to 100 people, contractors, businesses, charities, agents and so on that he has let down.

I’m surprised that more didn’t join the WUP, or more haven’t joined previous ones…
I think there are probably X3 that amount as I have spoken to a few people who has done work for him and he never paid and some of those people were self employed. The man really has no scruples.

Over the course of RM’s tenure, I’d hazard a conservative guess of close to 100 people, contractors, businesses, charities, agents and so on that he has let down.

I’m surprised that more didn’t join the WUP, or more haven’t joined previous ones…
You would be correct no doubt!
People way down the list who haven't a chance and individually not worth pursuing it! Collectively a lot of money however!

As it stands no sale imminent. Ron still won't reduce his price that had basically ruined all sensible offers.
Justin trying to convince others to part with some cash.
Good thing the trust and firth are enquiring about community fund etc because that's option no.1 right now.

As it stands no sale imminent. Ron still won't reduce his price that had basically ruined all sensible offers.
Justin trying to convince others to part with some cash.
Good thing the trust and firth are enquiring about community fund etc because that's option no.1 right now.
I hope you’re wrong . I’d heard another aussie was in with him? Or is that just someone he’s trying to get on board?

I hope you’re wrong . I’d heard another aussie was in with him? Or is that just someone he’s trying to get on board?
There is no sale imminent.
As I shared prior to the last court case nothing would be paid and 10 point slap was coming.
As it stands we get wound up on the 4th. Perversely that's my dad's birthday....No sane business man will give up what Ron wants, he literally wants you to pay his debts for starters.

As I shared prior to the last court case nothing would be paid and 10 point slap was coming.
As it stands we get wound up on the 4th. Perversely that's my dad's birthday....No sane business man will give up what Ron wants, he literally wants you to pay his debts for starters.
The £2.5m ? Or is it more? Or is this for FF too?

Irrelevant....any way you chop it up rat is handing over debt associated with it. Was always a rubbish 'opportunity' and the fact that there is no deal shows that.
Also it doesn't help being bottom of a league which offers next to nothing interms of income ie tv revenue. If we were still in the efl I could see more interested parties willing to punt us due to bigger revenue streams which can be obtained via promotion. Where in the hell would any potential new owner get a return buying National League club in which they would have to spend several millions in sorting out the current mess. As we have seen this league unforgivable and could take years to get out, from that perspective it doesn't look very appealing.

Last edited:
When is the next protest....

We will have no club in less than a month

I get what the shrimper trust are doing

But its not putting pressure on the rat....

I read the comments on here and people are so quick with there crappy responses

Ron Martin doesn't want to sell the club

And I honestly feel like we will have no club in a month's time........

I've been a blues supporter for 42 years

Let's hope we have a club to support

Because seeing Roots Hall packed out

There isn't anything like it

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious to know if this is ITK info or just a hunch ?

Also it doesn't help being bottom of a league which offers next to nothing interms of income ie tv revenue. If we were still in the efl I could see more interested parties willing to punt us due to bigger revenue streams which can be obtained via promotion. Where in the hell would any potential new owner get a return buying National League club in which they would have to spend several millions in sorting out the current mess. As we have seen this league unforgivable and could take years to get out, from that perspective it doesn't look very appealing.
The League this year is poor and our best chance ever of getting out…… unfortunately Rat Martin has scuppered all that just like the little dictator he is.
No big teams this year, any investment this year and we would be back in League 2 however with him hanging around like a bad smell we are more likely to be wound up or dropping down. Rentokil need to visit Benfleet ASAP!

Curious to know if this is ITK info or just a hunch ?
My source has been spot on throughout.
Also look at the evidence, no deal done.
Trust/firth asking government for special funding, this doesn't exactly smack of successful takeover imminent.
Ron literally doesn't care.
He'd take the winding up.
He was only too happy to take 10 points off.
I'd urge all those boycotting to get to the hall this month. Say goodbye.

My source has been spot on throughout.
Also look at the evidence, no deal done.
Trust/firth asking government for special funding, this doesn't exactly smack of successful takeover imminent.
Ron literally doesn't care.
He'd take the winding up.
He was only too happy to take 10 points off.
I'd urge all those boycotting to get to the hall this month. Say goodbye.
Not saying your wrong but why then get everything done in time to start the league? Could have wound it up then or many times in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back