• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should also add that this is off topic so if it takes off it’ll need another thread in General Football. If basil can answer succinctly so we can get back on topic though then it’s fine here.

Are they back in trouble again? Christ almighty… @basilrobbie whats going on?

We have a small - but extremely vocal - element who are highly critical of the club.

Some of it relates to the manner of our relegation last season. Some of it relates to the club's recent attempts to clamp down on bad behaviour at matches. Some if it comes from a huge sense of entitlement that some fans seem to have. And some of it it is simply attention seekers playing to the crowd.

It's all a bit disappointing, as you would think everyone would put a high value on something we fought so hard for. But clearly that isn't always the case.

One day, you will have this to worry about.....

We have a small - but extremely vocal - element who are highly critical of the club.

Some of it relates to the manner of our relegation last season. Some of it relates to the club's recent attempts to clamp down on bad behaviour at matches. Some if it comes from a huge sense of entitlement that some fans seem to have. And some of it it is simply attention seekers playing to the crowd.

It's all a bit disappointing, as you would think everyone would put a high value on something we fought so hard for. But clearly that isn't always the case.

heres hoping should we survive , supporters will understand that we need to survive within our means and not expect big name signings on ridiculous wages, and to be patient as the club stabilises itself , please do not expect millions from new owners to be put into the club each year . I myself would be happy that players and staff and businesses , HRMC were all paid on time and we never go into embargos again. Just to have a well supported club would be fine by me, Yes eventually we will be back in the EFL ,but with a solid foundation and a newly acquired level of respect both from local businesses and players agents etc etc etc .

heres hoping should we survive , supporters will understand that we need to survive within our means and not expect big name signings on ridiculous wages, and to be patient as the club stabilises itself , please do not expect millions from new owners to be put into the club each year . I myself would be happy that players and staff and businesses , HRMC were all paid on time and we never go into embargos again. Just to have a well supported club would be fine by me, Yes eventually we will be back in the EFL ,but with a solid foundation and a newly acquired level of respect both from local businesses and players agents etc etc etc .
My thoughts exactly, I couldn't have put it any better.

I hope so!

Not moan moan .It is a lot of us are vry worred what the next month will hold for our club It is either someone either Justin Reed and his concortium .Or someone eles buys the club .Or Ron pays the 2.5 millon to the HRMC that is owed .Then it wont be moan moan moan .It will be floods or tears .

Not moan moan .It is a lot of us are vry worred what the next month will hold for our club It is either someone either Justin Reed and his concortium .Or someone eles buys the club .Or Ron pays the 2.5 millon to the HRMC that is owed .Then it wont be moan moan moan .It will be floods or tears .
Have I missed something? Where did £2.5m to HMRC come from?

Its not £2.5m to HMRC. I would estimate the HMRC debt to be about £0.5m based on the last WUP and assuming nothing has been paid since, and obviously taxes have been accrued.

I think the £2.5m is near the total of the WUP. Emersons was £600k, and I am sure that there are a couple of others included.

Its not £2.5m to HMRC. I would estimate the HMRC debt to be about £0.5m based on the last WUP and assuming nothing has been paid since, and obviously taxes have been accrued.

I think the £2.5m is near the total of the WUP. Emersons was £600k, and I am sure that there are a couple of others included.

Emersons, NPower, PG SS were the additional listed creditors on the WUP, I think?

That's pretty much how I understood it.

Two of those look like contractors promised a piece of the FF RH development action for some short term cash. Both betrayed and after blood. Emersons came out of the blue. How many others out there ?

Over the course of RM’s tenure, I’d hazard a conservative guess of close to 100 people, contractors, businesses, charities, agents and so on that he has let down.

I’m surprised that more didn’t join the WUP, or more haven’t joined previous ones…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back